The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yabbayabba
Hello everybody, i'm not exactly sure if I have a mental health issue or not. I've just been feeling extreme loneliness, to the extent that I only live to survive. In that I only do what I have to in order to get through life.

I used to put 100% into most things I set my mind on. But because of this loneliness I just can't. I don't have the energy to push myself. I don't know what exactly this is.

Anyway, just want to introduce myself. I hope you're all ok today and I can support anyone who needs it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! :wavey:

Welcome to MHSS! Though so sorry to hear about this loneliness you experience :frown: It sounds heartbreaking :sadnod:

Hopefully we can help you feel a little less lonely :h:
Original post by furryface12
They're in a cool packet though so that makes up for it, and I always got the days wrong anyway :tongue: How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats even better then :smile: apart from my antibiotics, i get stupid lloyds pharmacy packets. Dunno what id get if i went to the surgery dispensary, iv never tried. I feel better getting free meds from a big company than a dispensary :ninja:

Im very very not good :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Thats even better then :smile: apart from my antibiotics, i get stupid lloyds pharmacy packets. Dunno what id get if i went to the surgery dispensary, iv never tried. I feel better getting free meds from a big company than a dispensary :ninja:

Im very very not good :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine are from the little local pharmacy so they change suppliers from time to time! I also don't get them free any more so don't have that problem :sad:

:frown: Anything we can do? :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone could ever love me. I'm ugly, fat and I'm not interesting at all :/.

I just wonder what the point is sometimes. What's the point of losing my weight? What's the point of being ambitious or successful in life if I'm doomed to do it all alone?

I feel broken, lonely and devastated. :frown:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hi! :wavey:

Welcome to MHSS! Though so sorry to hear about this loneliness you experience :frown: It sounds heartbreaking :sadnod:

Hopefully we can help you feel a little less lonely :h:

Thank you very much :smile: it's not fun at the moment, I'm not sure what I can do about it besides continue to make small talk with people I come across.

How are you at the moment? :smile: I hope things are looking up. Sorry if you've said, i'm on my phone so looking back through the thread takes longer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine are from the little local pharmacy so they change suppliers from time to time! I also don't get them free any more so don't have that problem :sad:

:frown: Anything we can do? :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes sense. I feel better robbing from a big chain :colone: though im not robbing cos im exempt but still feel the same :yep:

Not really. Trying to distract from badness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
I don't think anyone could ever love me. I'm ugly, fat and I'm not interesting at all :/.

I just wonder what the point is sometimes. What's the point of losing my weight? What's the point of being ambitious or successful in life if I'm doomed to do it all alone?

I feel broken, lonely and devastated. :frown:

I used to feel exactly the same way as you but even I found someone who loved me back! I do believe there is someone out there for everyone. Plus I'm sure you're nowhere near as ugly, big or uninteresting as you feel :hugs:
Original post by yabbayabba
Thank you very much :smile: it's not fun at the moment, I'm not sure what I can do about it besides continue to make small talk with people I come across.

How are you at the moment? :smile: I hope things are looking up. Sorry if you've said, i'm on my phone so looking back through the thread takes longer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just keep reaching out to people. I appreciate that is hard and not always comfortable but I'd say it's important to let someone - even if it's just us! - know how you are doing.

I'm not too bad thanks. Very sleepy though so about to head to bed :colondollar: I hope you sleep OK! :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
Makes sense. I feel better robbing from a big chain :colone: though im not robbing cos im exempt but still feel the same :yep:

Not really. Trying to distract from badness

Posted from TSR Mobile

It makes no difference to the pharmacy whether you pay or not- I've got a prepayment card thing now anyway so I just show then that and they give it me, not that they'd particularly care anyway I don't think :redface:

:hugs: Curl up and make the most of nice new bed? :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to feel exactly the same way as you but even I found someone who loved me back! I do believe there is someone out there for everyone. Plus I'm sure you're nowhere near as ugly, big or uninteresting as you feel :hugs:

Well I'm happy for you :smile:.

But noone loves me. My grandmother didn't want me. She's always told me that she was very annoyed to adopt me as she had to give up things.
My sister only expresses her "love" when she needs something. And she's a pathological lier. The rest of my family are at best indifferent towards me.

I just feel rather lonely. Usually, I'm indifferent to the world and the only emotion I feel is anxiety. But whenever I fall in love with somebody, the emotional part of me becomes active. And now that that's ended, the part of me that feels is feeling all that loneliness etc that I'd safely buried away.

At least I'll be numb to the pain in the morning :/.
Well I'm happy for you :smile:.

But noone loves me. My grandmother didn't want me. She's always told me that she was very annoyed to adopt me as she had to give up things.
My sister only expresses her "love" when she needs something. And she's a pathological lier. The rest of my family are at best indifferent towards me.

I just feel rather lonely. Usually, I'm indifferent to the world and the only emotion I feel is anxiety. But whenever I fall in love with somebody, the emotional part of me becomes active. And now that that's ended, the part of me that feels is feeling all that loneliness etc that I'd safely buried away.

At least I'll be numb to the pain in the morning :/.

Oh hun. So you fell for someone but it didn't work out? That hurts a lot. That's exactly what happened to me :sadnod: But just knowing that someone could love me even for a little while gives me hope for the future :h:

:jumphug:
Reply 7171
Seeking referral to Early Intervention Team for some symptoms and diagnosis for either OCD and/or ASD tomorrow, any tips?
is it bad that i dont want to attend school tomorrow?
Oh hun. So you fell for someone but it didn't work out? That hurts a lot. That's exactly what happened to me :sadnod: But just knowing that someone could love me even for a little while gives me hope for the future :h:

:jumphug:

Yes. But it's not just it not working out. It's the other issues it raises. Noone loving me, being too unattractive to the same sex, feeling lonely, being undesirable, having no personal interests and related things.

Also, hopefully I'll get a reply soon. If only I could force people to comply with my wishes -_-.
Original post by guitaristemily

Nope. I hated most of college.

Nope. I hated most of college.

you see but im in year 11, and i have to attend becuase of gcses are a thing

Well my mind is really annoying. I'm fine now. I want to feel bad but listening to sad music has drained every bit of self pity I had left.
Short of doing something I'd regret, I've got no choice but to move forward.

But now I can't think about anything else -_-. Well I can but the person is on my mind a lot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Riku
Seeking referral to Early Intervention Team for some symptoms and diagnosis for either OCD and/or ASD tomorrow, any tips?

Do you mean you're asking your GP for a referral? I'm not 100% sure if EITs/EISs cover ASD but it's worth finding out. Just bullet point a list of your symptoms and things that you have noticed/that have made you unhappy over the past month or so and hand it over to your GP :yes:

Original post by guitaristemily

Not at all :hugs:

Yes. But it's not just it not working out. It's the other issues it raises. Noone loving me, being too unattractive to the same sex, feeling lonely, being undesirable, having no personal interests and related things.

:jumphug: These things have an awful way of tapping into stuff we don't really wanna thing about :sadnod: Which I had a solution for that :console:

:jumphug: These things have an awful way of tapping into stuff we don't really wanna thing about :sadnod: Which I had a solution for that :console:

Well thanks for the hugs :smile:. :hugs:

I need some closure, I think. I still intend to speak to this person platonically. I'm still getting to know them so perhaps I can discuss my feelings when we finally meet. It's been fb/phone purely. (And yes, I realise I sound crazy for falling for someone over the internet)

Not at all :hugs:

have to go in though becuase of gcses and stuff.

i need to sleep but i cant becuase im having a bad night with my head right now. dont know if ill sleep.

Hi saxophonist :smile:.

Latest