The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
does it matter even. as long as the questions are answerd.

What questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brown shuga
What questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the questions dat ive asked. i assum dat why u referrin to me as a troll
the questions dat ive asked. i assum dat why u referrin to me as a troll

Good luck with them, I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck with them, I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh ite, life is jus generally depressin currently. stressed and overworked. probably put it on myself. give me a year or so to find my feet, ill be bk to my bubly self maybe.
ahh ite, life is jus generally depressin currently. stressed and overworked. probably put it on myself. give me a year or so to find my feet, ill be bk to my bubly self maybe.

Aww you'll be fine after you settle in inshaa allah! Just remember after hardship comes ease :biggrin: Good luck mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww you'll be fine after you settle in inshaa allah! Just remember after hardship comes ease :biggrin: Good luck mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe after i fail the exams, get a 2:2 and sell burger in the local chip shop because i cudnt even get past first round interview for mcdonalds
Original post by Mr.loverluver
No way I am not obsessed with you I was just celebrating Eid with my fellow somalians and happened to encounter a walrus in my mist:rofl:.

Lmao why are you here if you aint Somali...you 'half spanish' being :rolleyes:
Whos half spanish :eek:
genocide of isaaq clan by siad barre

During the years of his rule, Barre promoted members of different tribes in order to stabilize his power.* He would initially promote the interests of a certain tribe and oppress another tribe, but then afterwards promote the tribe he had previously oppressed and oppress the tribe he had promoted.* Only the Isaaq, a large tribe which lived in the nation's north, were never promoted in any way or involved in the mechanisms of government whatsoever.

Barre's efforts to control Isaaq merchants' trade in cattle and khat, and settle Ogaden refugees on Isaaq lands, worsened the conflict between the Isaaq tribe and the ruling southern tribes.* A number of tribes, led by the Isaaq, established an armed underground called the Somali National Movement.* In response, the Somali government armed the Ogaden refugees in order to use them as soldiers against the Isaaq tribesmen.* In addition, the government encouraged the refugees to claim ownership of land and to expel Isaaq.* The barely-equipped guerillas from the SNM attacked a number of Ogaden refugee camps and government facilities in northern Somalia in 1988.* Barre responded with great brutality.

The Extermination:

On May 27, 1988 Siad Barre gave instructions to exterminate all members of the Isaaq tribe.* Military forces under the command of Mohammed Said Hersi began aerial and artillery bombardment of the three cities in which the Isaaq lived: Hargeisa, Berbera and Bur’o.* They also attacked villages and nomadic encampments where tribe members lived.* Infantry forces exterminated those fleeing from cities, and after the cities were completely destroyed, went in on foot to complete the killing work directly.* Many bodies were buried in mass graves.

General Said Hersi reported to Barre that he could not wipe out all of the Isaaq, as they were too numerous.* It was then that his troops began forced marches of Isaaq tribesmen across the desert towards the Ethiopian border.* Many perished of hunger and thirst along the way.* The city of Hargeisa, which held some 350,000 inhabitants before the attack, was completely abandoned.* The whole area was laid waste animal herds were confiscated, agriculture destroyed, and mines laid everywhere.* Various estimates give the number killed in less than one year at between 100,000 and 400,000 Isaaq.* More than half a million Isaaq fled to Ethiopia; some half a million more lost their homes and became internally displaced persons in the northern region.

After the Slaughter:

After the three main cities of northern Somalia were destroyed and abandoned, they were resettled by members of the Ogaden tribe and other tribes close to the government.* 300,000 Isaaq remained in refugee camps in Ethiopia and thousands more fled Africa entirely.* In 1989, in response to significant pressure from Amnesty International and other human rights organizations, the US government reduced its support and arming of the Somali government.* In 1990 as a result Siad Barre's government fell and he fled to Nigeria.* Since that time there has been no stable government in Somalia; hundreds of thousands of Isaaq returned to northern Somalia and declared the independence of Somaliland, a piece of land about one-third of the size of Somalia.* Somaliland functions as a distinct state with democratic elections, its own currency and governing institutions located in the capital city of Hargeisa, but it has not gained official recognition by any country.

The United States and the Genocide of the Isaaq:

In 1998 the US Department of Defense made an official statement regarding the Somali government's policy towards the Isaaq tribe.* The statement opens with the question of whether the Somali government is carrying out genocide against the Isaaq tribe.* It explains the balance of forces in the Somali civil war, presents the reasons for war between the Ogaden and Isaaq tribes, and reports on the artillery attacks and aerial bombings of the cities of Hargeisa, Berbera and Bur’o, including a description of the total destruction of Hargeisa and Bur’o.* It reports that between May 27, 1988 and December 1988, 5,000 Isaaq people were killed.
(edited 9 years ago)
maybe after i fail the exams, get a 2:2 and sell burger in the local chip shop because i cudnt even get past first round interview for mcdonalds

Lol you only just started the first year and you already think that you won't get a good final mark. Is your course hard and what course is it?
Original post by MathsAddict
Whos half spanish :eek:

Chill, it's a guy :lol:
Reply 3991
Just to let you know jameel is stalking thid thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh he's just stalking me...
Reply 3993
Original post by Biryani007
Tbh he's just stalking me...

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who dat
Reply 3995
Original post by Secretnerd123
Who dat

Someone with over 200 TSR accounts

Posted from TSR Mobile
i automated a portion of my owrk system. spent 5 hrs today creatin a spreadsheet which derives investment apprisals to present value and compares with other projects, given inputs. B) proud af. tell me what u think of my art work. i have some coursemates offerin a premium to buy the spreadsheet. how much do u value its worth?

i call it "abdul's investment apprisal formulaic wonderland", coloured it and everythin with simple to use interface

2011Somaliamap_329_1.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest