The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Anyone else going to study Fashion Buying and Merchandising at UAL in September 2014?

Been accepted to study at LCF for the BA Fashion Buying and Merchandising course in September. Was wondering who else has received offers and are planning on going in September!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm going to be studying Buying and Merchandising at LCF too -can't wait! :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Me neither! Are you living in halls?
Reply 3
I've applied but I've been looking at private accommodation as well- how about you? :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, I'm thinking of applying for this course to start sept 2015. Just wondering what A-levels did you take?
Reply 5
Original post by Emilycao
Hi, I'm thinking of applying for this course to start sept 2015. Just wondering what A-levels did you take?

I am as well!
Reply 6
Original post by Beej96
I am as well!

What are you currently studying? I'm doing the ual level art and design diploma but the course requirements says they prefer subjects like maths business and some others
Reply 7
What are you currently studying? I'm doing the ual level art and design diploma but the course requirements says they prefer subjects like maths business and some others

English Language, Psychology and Textiles at A-level. What do you think of the art and design diploma? How did you apply for the course?
Reply 8
Original post by Beej96
English Language, Psychology and Textiles at A-level. What do you think of the art and design diploma? How did you apply for the course?

It's good, we've learned almost all the areas withing art and design but the course is mostly business so I'm quite scared if I don't meet their requirements. The fashion merch and buying course? I haven't applied yet, going to do it on ucas
Reply 9
It's good, we've learned almost all the areas withing art and design but the course is mostly business so I'm quite scared if I don't meet their requirements. The fashion merch and buying course? I haven't applied yet, going to do it on ucas

Oh right, the course tutor didn't seem to mind what subjects people undertake. Lot's of emphasis on personal statement though! I have been editing mine since June.
Original post by Beej96
Oh right, the course tutor didn't seem to mind what subjects people undertake. Lot's of emphasis on personal statement though! I have been editing mine since June.

Are you going to the open day this Saturday?
Reply 11
Are you going to the open day this Saturday?

I went to the one in September. It was great! The tutor was really friendly, and the course structure was very current to the industry.
im applying for b+m at ual tooo hahah x
Original post by annahale
im applying for b+m at ual tooo hahah x

What are you studying right now?
Reply 14
What are you studying right now?

do you have any work experience?
Original post by Beej96
do you have any work experience?

I've worked but not in fashion retail :/ you?
Reply 16
I've worked but not in fashion retail :/ you?

Oh I've worked in asda and a small retail store.I think they're looking to see if you've used skills such as communication and team working.
Original post by Beej96
Oh I've worked in asda and a small retail store.I think they're looking to see if you've used skills such as communication and team working.

I've been working in a restaurant for a few years. I've applied to zara, I still want to try and get a little bit of experience in fashion retail before I sent my ucas off. Wish I done it sooner though haha
Reply 18
I've been working in a restaurant for a few years. I've applied to zara, I still want to try and get a little bit of experience in fashion retail before I sent my ucas off. Wish I done it sooner though haha

That's good. We still have a week to send ours off.
Reply 19

Where else are you applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending