The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Fred Cantoni
Okay brilliant, thanks for the reply! I'm in a similar position to you, with the A* in maths already, and have been worrying if they'd take it, cheers for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sure do! I think having an A* in the bag means that they're really likely to give you an offer straight away as they know you can achieve A*s. I got mine within 90 minutes of them getting my application through lol. You should get an offer for sure, and it won't exclude maths. It's Cambridge and Imperial you gotta worry about if you're applying there. Cambridge in particular, but Imperial too, will make 4 grade offers, and Cambridge might do something stupid like offer A*A*A*A.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by TVIO
They sure do! I think having an A* in the bag means that they're really likely to give you an offer straight away as they know you can achieve A*s. I got mine within 90 minutes of them getting my application through lol. You should get an offer for sure, and it won't exclude maths. It's Cambridge and Imperial you gotta worry about if you're applying there. Cambridge in particular, but Imperial too, will make 4 grade offers, and Cambridge might do something stupid like offer A*A*A*A.

Yeah I'm hoping they'll do the same with my application, and just give me an offer straight out!! Although 90 minutes is ridiculously quick you must have had a very strong application! yeah I'm also applying to Cambridge, dread to think what their offers going to be if I get one!! Well good luck with your others!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSEs: 6A*s, 2As, 2Bs
Course: Biochemistry with professional placement
A Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, AS Maths (picking it up as an extra AS this year)
Predicted: A*A*A (Don't know my prediction for AS Maths yet)
AS Grades: A in Biology and Psychology, B in Chemistry and History
Reply 63
Who else has received an offer from Bath? I received one earlier this week for Chemical Engineering (5 years) :smile:
Original post by kara1702
Who else has received an offer from Bath? I received one earlier this week for Chemical Engineering (5 years) :smile:

What grades did you get at AS? And well done for the offer :smile: just need to bang out this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
When did you send your application? I sent mine last week for psychology (5 years) but I am not sure how long it will take to hear something.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kara1702
Who else has received an offer from Bath? I received one earlier this week for Chemical Engineering (5 years)
:smile:

Sent mine on 27th September. They asked for my IGCSE English First Language Certificate. Uploaded it. Received a conditional offer on the 1st October: obtain a minimum of 36 with 6 in HL Mathematics and Chemistry.
Nottingham or Bath university for Economics? And for graduate prospects in Investment Banking
Reply 68
Original post by jayjay531
Nottingham or Bath university for Economics? And for graduate prospects in Investment Banking

Perhaps this thread might help? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2900455

Its about some analysis by LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/edu/rankings/gb/undergraduate-investment-banking
Got a conditional offer for Maths (G103) on Tuesday!
Original post by jonathanyyt
Got a conditional offer for Maths (G103) on Tuesday!

congrats!
Reply 71
For those who have already applied, does Bath send you confirmation emails saying they have received your application? If so how long did yours take to arrive?

I applied on the 30th september, and haven't heard anything yet, its still soon, but Ive received emails from Cambridge and UCL, so I was wondering whether there was something wrong?
Reply 72
Original post by bigboateng
What grades did you get at AS? And well done for the offer :smile: just need to bang out this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

A's in Maths, Further maths, Chemistry and Physics, predicted 4A*s :smile: thanks!
Reply 73
Original post by mariana.costa
For those who have already applied, does Bath send you confirmation emails saying they have received your application? If so how long did yours take to arrive?

I applied on the 30th september, and haven't heard anything yet, its still soon, but Ive received emails from Cambridge and UCL, so I was wondering whether there was something wrong?

After my email from UCAS saying the application was on its way to the unis, Bath was the first to respond after about six hours - with an automated email. That was for ChemEng so might be different from your course but it seemed like a pretty general email, I'd check your Junk box in your emails in case it ended up there.
Got an offer woo
Reply 75
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Got an offer woo

Nice! Maths?
Sent my application off Sunday, got a conditional offer on Monday for Automotive Engineering (H330). They're asking for A*AA, with an A* in either Maths or Physics. I already have an A* in Maths from Year 12, which means I need an AA from Chemistry (A at AS), Physics (A at AS) and Further Maths.

Other unis are:
Cambridge
Warwick (making a query about an offer they sent me)
Loughborough
Surrey
Original post by TVIO
Nice! Maths?

NatSci with professional placement
Reply 78
Original post by andrew2209
Sent my application off Sunday, got a conditional offer on Monday for Automotive Engineering (H330). They're asking for A*AA, with an A* in either Maths or Physics. I already have an A* in Maths from Year 12, which means I need an AA from Chemistry (A at AS), Physics (A at AS) and Further Maths.

Other unis are:
Cambridge
Warwick (making a query about an offer they sent me)
Loughborough
Surrey

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Got an offer woo

Congrats to both of you! What were your conditions L'Evil Fish?
I ended up applying to NatSci with a year abroad and got my offer earlier for A*AA in Maths, Physics and either Biology or Chemistry!
Original post by cerlohee
Congrats to both of you! What were your conditions L'Evil Fish?
I ended up applying to NatSci with a year abroad and got my offer earlier for A*AA in Maths, Physics and either Biology or Chemistry!

A*AA with Maths, Physics and Chemistry. A* in any of the three.

Wooooo

Quick Reply

Latest