Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
x

Hey :redface: Realised I didn't reply to you before :sad:

Hockey still going well? :smile:

Original post by Porridge510
:hugs: I forgot what the question was sorry. :frown: Mind all over. As per always :frown:

Thank you. :smile: How are you doing?

Ah haha. :smile: I always get scared of buying off steam, I don't know why. I just hate doing it really. Maybe we could add each other on steam? I don't know. :colondollar:

Hey :redface: Sorry for taking forever :frown:

Did I see somewhere that bf came to visit, or you went to visit bf? Hope you had a good time either way :smile:

Haha, it's so easy to buy stuff there though! :eek: Why it's scary, I suppose :tongue:
I'd be happy to! :smile: Have a couple people from here already :colondollar: I'll PM you my username and then you can decide whether to add me or not? :smile:

:hugs: Hope you're well

Original post by furryface12
:wavey: Wondered where you'd disappeared to! Good that things haven't been too bad for you, hopefully group therapy thing should help a bit? Kind of understand what you mean by those thoughts, should still try and get better in general though if you can- a diagnosis could take ages! Says the person that's not even properly told a doctor about it yet... :getmecoat:

Thanks :redface: Realising that I might actually be doing really well, in an odd way - in that I think I might be being more normal sort of-ness the last week/half-week or so? :smile:
Yeah had the pre-group meeting with counsellor this afternoon/evening - was nice to talk to someone again about things, and it sounds as though it should be good :smile: Though also semi-scary because we're meant to sort of challenge each other? I mean not like overly at all - but I guess that's maybe what's tricky with actual therapy methods, and this is just counselling basically in a group so :redface:
Yeah I know :redface: Scary had a good suggestion with applying for DSA/getting evidence to try and ask again about it - which I think I'll try :smile:
:hugs: Should give it a go I'd say :redface: I don't know - I mean mine had been quite helpful beforehand, I think - just the last meeting wasn't fantastic :dontknow:

How're you doing recently? :hugs:
edit: Just seen your post - sorry you're not doing well tonight :frown: :jumphug:

Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Multitalented me
Haha no worries buddy :console: I just like trying to help people :biggrin:

Haha yeah helping others is good :biggrin:
Original post by Cinnie
anyone else take slow release beta-blockers for anxiety/panic disorder? Do you think they are helping you?

i'm on SSRIs, and the little buggers make me shake.
currently sitting in my bed listening to music trying to relax. i hope it works/
Original post by purple-duck
Thanks :redface: Realising that I might actually be doing really well, in an odd way - in that I think I might be being more normal sort of-ness the last week/half-week or so? :smile:
Yeah had the pre-group meeting with counsellor this afternoon/evening - was nice to talk to someone again about things, and it sounds as though it should be good :smile: Though also semi-scary because we're meant to sort of challenge each other? I mean not like overly at all - but I guess that's maybe what's tricky with actual therapy methods, and this is just counselling basically in a group so :redface:
Yeah I know :redface: Scary had a good suggestion with applying for DSA/getting evidence to try and ask again about it - which I think I'll try :smile:
:hugs: Should give it a go I'd say :redface: I don't know - I mean mine had been quite helpful beforehand, I think - just the last meeting wasn't fantastic :dontknow:

edit: Just seen your post - sorry you're not doing well tonight :frown: :jumphug:

Normal is good! Well it can be boring but in this context it's probably good :tongue: Glad that went well for you, challenging each other could be scary but it's probably kind of better, I mean at least there you can do it in a safe place rather than people meeting the same challenges when they're already struggling with other stuff? Don't think I've explained that very well :redface:

I need to, this last week's been the worst I've ever been and I don't know what to do about it, I even went to see GP on Friday but then didn't say anything and talked about physical stuff instead, and not even the bits I needed to. Had a complete meltdown yesterday in front of/kind of caused by parents and think I scared them a bit but now they're being weird and kind of even more confused/alone than I was before :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by purple-duck
Hey :redface: Realised I didn't reply to you before :sad:

Hockey still going well? :smile:

Hey :redface: Sorry for taking forever :frown:

Did I see somewhere that bf came to visit, or you went to visit bf? Hope you had a good time either way :smile:

Haha, it's so easy to buy stuff there though! :eek: Why it's scary, I suppose :tongue:
I'd be happy to! :smile: Have a couple people from here already :colondollar: I'll PM you my username and then you can decide whether to add me or not? :smile:

:hugs: Hope you're well

Spoiler

need to get out I think :frown: ubudbvefvbe
To me once I am stuck in I can do an entire assignment in one hit no breaks it will take 2-4 hours the time flies next thing I know I am well over the word limit my eyes and brain are hurting and its 11:30pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it sad im actually quite upset that i cant afford to get my nails done for graduation? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Yeah, I like drama for the fun aspect but I don't know if I'll be able to stop comparing myself to everyone else and actually enjoy it. Plus at this rate I won't even get a part :frown:

It's just making me a bit sad, I want her to be happy but I really liked that guy (it seems what when I rarely like people I always fall for them pretty hard) and I don't know how I feel about it.. Like, I'm pretty much over him and stuff, it's been almost a year and we stayed friends, but if they end up together im gonna be jealous that he picked her and I wasn't good enough :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had that happen to me a few times too, i'm often a "good friend", but i lack both physical attraction and personality, so i'm rarely more than a friend. My friends however, always have more personality and better looks than me, so i guess it's a no brainer really. :|

Sounds like it may be best to just leave her to it, you don't need to stress yourself out over something you don't need to :hugs:
Original post by Meaty_man
I've had that happen to me a few times too, i'm often a "good friend", but i lack both physical attraction and personality, so i'm rarely more than a friend. My friends however, always have more personality and better looks than me, so i guess it's a no brainer really. :|

Sounds like it may be best to just leave her to it, you don't need to stress yourself out over something you don't need to :hugs:

Don't be silly, you shouldn't put yourself down! I know you're a great person to be around :hugs:

Yeah, if she keeps bringing it up I might tell her it makes me feel awkward but it's brought up the fact that I'm gonna be alone forever :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Don't be silly, you shouldn't put yourself down! I know you're a great person to be around :hugs:

Yeah, if she keeps bringing it up I might tell her it makes me feel awkward but it's brought up the fact that I'm gonna be alone forever :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If i won't be alone forever, then you definately won't be :tongue: It's a shame there isn't enough people that appreciate your awesomeness :< :hugs:
Perhaps i can get to bed at a half decent time tonight...maybe. Inb4 i end up rolling around in bed for 4 hours .__.
Hugs for all those having a bad night. Hope you're all asleep by now :grouphugs:
:ninja: definitely didn't just wake up...
One physical illness after another is really taking its toll on me mentally as well :frown:
Original post by lauraaaaa
One physical illness after another is really taking its toll on me mentally as well :frown:

:console: hopefully you feel better physically & mentally soon then! :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie
anyone else take slow release beta-blockers for anxiety/panic disorder? Do you think they are helping you?

it's not slow release, but i take propanolol PRN (usually only for exams though) and i honestly don't think i would be where i am today without it - before, i would have panic attacks whenever i sat in an exam hall and my anxiety would get so bad during exams that i'd either have to leave or i'd fail the exam, and nowadays i just take one an hour before my exam, and i feel so much calmer, a lot less shaky and obviously i don't get the physical things like palpitations or hyperventilation :smile:
Feel completely crap and haven't even got out of bed yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I genuinely don't know what to do anymore. :cry2:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
it's not slow release, but i take propanolol PRN (usually only for exams though) and i honestly don't think i would be where i am today without it - before, i would have panic attacks whenever i sat in an exam hall and my anxiety would get so bad during exams that i'd either have to leave or i'd fail the exam, and nowadays i just take one an hour before my exam, and i feel so much calmer, a lot less shaky and obviously i don't get the physical things like palpitations or hyperventilation :smile:

I'm so glad they help you. I've been prescribed them for my panic attacks and I feel better already in those acute anxiety situations. Only problem I have with them is that i've got Reynolds and they make the symptoms worse. Worth it though. I'll just layer up.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest