The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nomes24
Oh my gosh I feel so bad that the thread has gotten so big and I've barely been on it! Year 11 is too much work xD

Tbh though I still don't feel like I'm really a Year 11 yet... Year 11 as a phrase just has so much weight to it and I don't feel like I've lived up to it :P

Also annoyingly I keep on aiming for 100% in mocks or end of topic tests or whatever and I always lose about one mark on something stupid- not reading the question properly e.g. ticking one box when you're meant to tick two... or thinking 15 x 4 = 45 :colondollar: haha any advice??

I feel the same! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any of you guys have any useful tips on how to pass a French oral exam? My last one is next Friday and I can't fail this one, otherwise I'm in trouble :/
Original post by lilaclilly14
Do any of you guys have any useful tips on how to pass a French oral exam? My last one is next Friday and I can't fail this one, otherwise I'm in trouble :/

Which exam board are you? I do edexcel Chinese so I might be able to help you slightly if you're on edexcel.
Original post by vd12345
#Nerdrage
Trolololollolololoolololollolololololol
I got the first HP book from school, but I think ima read the cherub one first :smile:

Anyone else and I wouldn't have been as annoyed... It's just Justin Bieber NOOOOOOOOOOO.
I have an inexplicable hatred for him. :biggrin:
I'm on OCR
Original post by Nomes24
Oooh also anyone thinking of doing Chem A Level, could you share your reasons for doing so/ maybe convince me to do it too :P I want to do a Phys degree and I keep thinking that maybe Chem would be useful (atm my A Levels are Maths, FM, Physics, History) because most Physics applicants seem to do it and because of the subject links between the two. What do you think? Also Chemistry is one of my strongest subjects so I don't want to regret dropping it... heeeelp decisions are killing me :smile:

I am! Pretty colours and experiments oooooh. Haha, jk.

Anyways, can I ask why you chose History over Chemistry? For example, I'm taking English instead of Physics because Physics is not one of the subjects I look forward to (don't hurt me :biggrin:) ... If you're not sure about Chemistry because you don't like it, then it will be pretty dull if you do do it. If you do like it however, I would consider it. :smile: It's my favourite science so no bias or anything. :colondollar:

Choose subjects not just because you're good at them but because you like them enough to actually want to work hard for them. Eg. I'm quite good at geography (not to boast or anything :wink: )but can't stand the thought of it at A-level.

Good luck with decision making :smile:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Anyone else and I wouldn't have been as annoyed... It's just Justin Bieber NOOOOOOOOOOO.
I have an inexplicable hatred for him. :biggrin:

I like your thinking ;D
Original post by lilaclilly14
I'm on OCR

Oh right. I don't know how that board works, sorry.
Original post by Steliata
Oh right. I don't know how that board works, sorry.

That's alright, thank for trying to help
Original post by NathalieGW
We had to choose Music, Art or Drama. Didn't you have to choose a creative subject? I think Maths has always been one of my best subjects, I'm quite a logical person

I start my Biology practical next week

No, we didn't have to. I was very close to taking music though. I completed my grade 5 music theory earlier this year.

I'm pretty good at maths, although I do struggle with the last few questions, particularly on the calculator paper.

Good luck. :smile: What are you doing in the practical?
Awwe why not? Art I'd soo much fun!

I'm also doing Computer Science:smile: how are you finding it?

I can't draw at all :biggrin: I'd literally fail it.
I really like it, we've done 1 programming task and we've started on some of the theory. I think it's interesting and useful.
Original post by sunday_morning
No, we didn't have to. I was very close to taking music though. I completed my grade 5 music theory earlier this year.

I'm pretty good at maths, although I do struggle with the last few questions, particularly on the calculator paper.

Good luck. :smile: What are you doing in the practical?

I was on the borderline on whether to take music or art. In the end I took music and I'm so glad I did because it's brought me so far :awesome:

How did you find theory? I like the way they run the exam so you get loads of time and can leave when you want. It'd be nice to have that with GCSEs... :rolleyes:

Sorry to just but in like this
I don't think that I'll be able to get into any of the sixth-forms that I want to since my predicted grades are all Bs and 4 As :<
Original post by turn-to-page394
I am! Pretty colours and experiments oooooh. Haha, jk.

Anyways, can I ask why you chose History over Chemistry? For example, I'm taking English instead of Physics because Physics is not one of the subjects I look forward to (don't hurt me :biggrin:) ... If you're not sure about Chemistry because you don't like it, then it will be pretty dull if you do do it. If you do like it however, I would consider it. :smile: It's my favourite science so no bias or anything. :colondollar:

Choose subjects not just because you're good at them but because you like them enough to actually want to work hard for them. Eg. I'm quite good at geography (not to boast or anything :wink: )but can't stand the thought of it at A-level.

Good luck with decision making :smile:

I chose History because it has always been one of my favourite subjects - (at one point I wanted to do it at degree level, albeit before GCSE tbh and I became even more interested in Physics and less so in History) - whereas Chemistry has not. I like Chemistry sometimes... I mean I like pure chemistry e.g. elements, bonding, moles, but I really hate stuff like limestone! As GCSE Chemistry has quite a few of these non-science topics I haven't really enjoyed it but I'm worried that the A Level will be something completely different that I would actually enjoy...
Haha I won't kill you because you don't like Physics :P Each to their own! Also I am considering doing English too! I really love English and my initial A Level choices (before I realised I kind of need FM for Physics degree) were Maths, Physics, History, English. I love the debates and the actual reading in English, and I'm predicted an A* in the GCSE, but I always dread the essays and never feel too confident- as the marking is so subjective- so I'm not sure if that's a good enough reason to not do it!

I hate Biology :P I'm strong in it but I find it so dull! Just my opinion haha :smile: I've always been really self-motivated, but I guess that would get harder at A Level.

I'm so jealous you've got your decisions all sorted! I did, but now I'm all confused :frown: I'm trying to look at the sixth form foundation work I'll have to do next summer in preparation, to get an idea for what I would like at A Level and what I would hate. Life is hard :colondollar:
thread is dead today :frown: Whats up peeps?
Original post by vd12345
thread is dead today :frown: Whats up peeps?

It's not dead, I guess we just don't post as much as you year 10s

I'm a year 11 ;D lol

Hi! :ahee:
Original post by vd12345
I'm a year 11 ;D lol

Shouldn't have joked about that on my thread then. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by karmacrunch
Hi! :ahee:

Shouldn't have joked about that on my thread then. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I regret nothing ^_^
Any of you lot sat any GCSEs yet or is it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest