This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:console: hopefully you feel better physically & mentally soon then! :hugs:

I should be going to the library today but it's just not happening, **** it
Morning people. :smile: Hope everyone has a good day today. :grouphugs:
second meeting with potential dissertation supervisor went well, and i think i've decided on my choices now :smile: only thing is that my personal tutor advised me not to do a subject thats got a personal connection to it, and my first choice dissertation is about mental wellbeing in medical students, which is obv very personal to me. so i'm risking it a bit there, but i really really really want to do it so i think i'm gonna go for it anyway :/

Original post by Cinnie
I'm so glad they help you. I've been prescribed them for my panic attacks and I feel better already in those acute anxiety situations. Only problem I have with them is that i've got Reynolds and they make the symptoms worse. Worth it though. I'll just layer up.

everything just seems to slow down, right? the first time i took them i was pretty freaked out because it felt so strange :tongue:
Reply 7283
my last update kinda got ignored…tl;dr we conclude I am experiencing obsesses and intrusive thoughts as part of either anxiety or OCD. I may have Aspergers as I score high on the AS spectrum. Due to some of my unusual thoughts I may be at risk of psychosis although this is unlikely. Asked for referral for assessment for one of these-I suspect OCD, Aspergers or both.

I'm on Step 3 atm, 4 sessions into CBT booster sessions with an integrative therapist who's been great, but wants to move me to Step 4 (Psychologies) for more effective treatment, what does this mean?
Original post by Riku
my last update kinda got ignored…tl;dr we conclude I am experiencing obsesses and intrusive thoughts as part of either anxiety or OCD. I may have Aspergers as I score high on the AS spectrum. Due to some of my unusual thoughts I may be at risk of psychosis although this is unlikely. Asked for referral for assessment for one of these-I suspect OCD, Aspergers or both.

I'm on Step 3 atm, 4 sessions into CBT booster sessions with an integrative therapist who's been great, but wants to move me to Step 4 (Psychologies) for more effective treatment, what does this mean?

Did you just ask your GP for a referral for Asperger's? I'm 95% sure I have it.
Original post by furryface12
Feel completely crap and haven't even got out of bed yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Anonymous
I genuinely don't know what to do anymore. :cry2:

Awww :console: what's wrong?
Reply 7286
Did you just ask your GP for a referral for Asperger's? I'm 95% sure I have it.

yup :smile:

it is difficult to tell whether it's just a side effect of my sleep deprivation on some days and suspected OCD etc., however.
Original post by lauraaaaa
I should be going to the library today but it's just not happening, **** it

:hugs: can you maybe go another time when you feel better?
I need to send an email to the Senior Tutor at my college asking if I have a Fitness to Practice thing tomorrow because it's been hinted at but I've heard no details. Can't decide if that means I don't have to worry about it and it isn't happening or it's some kind of test to see if I'm motivated enough and have my s**t together enough for the course. Plus a few other things I meant to do this morning but I slept instead since I didn't sleep til 4. Being picked up for my driving test in an hour. Feeling almost sick because I'm so anxious. Just want to get it over with so I can run off back to uni. Feel a bit :/ because I feel like I should be doing something useful for uni like, just for example, emailing the Senior Tutor, but I hate sending emails. Especially one's that go 'hey so person mentioned some medics in my year have progress panel tomorrow. do i and if so give me details plz since person who mentioned it isn't reply to my emails. btw i missed a supervision last night and have popped home for a couple of days so if you could not mention how bad that looks it'd be great thx.' Also haven't spoken to Senior Tutor since I told him I was going home last time I was at uni, wasn't my finest moment so it'd be useful if I could look like a totally normal functional person.
Original post by Riku

Id say you dont have psychosis, so deffinately dont get yourself worked up about it. Id go more along the aspbergers/OCD route. But try not to spend too much time looking into it, youl make yourself panic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Multitalented me

Just can't cope with the memories anymore. I'm really finding uni hard this year for some reason, last year was fine - I was away from home, away from them. But this year is so difficult. I don't know what to do, I'm kind of paranoid that if I speak to my GP about everything they won't believe me, because I've kept things to myself for so long now, so what's the point? :frown:
Reply 7291
Original post by PandaWho
Id say you dont have psychosis, so deffinately dont get yourself worked up about it. Id go more along the aspbergers/OCD route. But try not to spend too much time looking into it, youl make yourself panic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's good :hugs:

what does step 4 mean though? :s-smilie:
Just can't cope with the memories anymore. I'm really finding uni hard this year for some reason, last year was fine - I was away from home, away from them. But this year is so difficult. I don't know what to do, I'm kind of paranoid that if I speak to my GP about everything they won't believe me, because I've kept things to myself for so long now, so what's the point? :frown:
Memories? Or is it this too personal? I didn't like Uni as well so suspended my studies with an option to go back. I'm always available via PM if you wanna talk or anything, same goes for everyone on here :smile:
Original post by Valvopus
I need to send an email to the Senior Tutor at my college asking if I have a Fitness to Practice thing tomorrow because it's been hinted at but I've heard no details. Can't decide if that means I don't have to worry about it and it isn't happening or it's some kind of test to see if I'm motivated enough and have my s**t together enough for the course. Plus a few other things I meant to do this morning but I slept instead since I didn't sleep til 4. Being picked up for my driving test in an hour. Feeling almost sick because I'm so anxious. Just want to get it over with so I can run off back to uni. Feel a bit :/ because I feel like I should be doing something useful for uni like, just for example, emailing the Senior Tutor, but I hate sending emails. Especially one's that go 'hey so person mentioned some medics in my year have progress panel tomorrow. do i and if so give me details plz since person who mentioned it isn't reply to my emails. btw i missed a supervision last night and have popped home for a couple of days so if you could not mention how bad that looks it'd be great thx.' Also haven't spoken to Senior Tutor since I told him I was going home last time I was at uni, wasn't my finest moment so it'd be useful if I could look like a totally normal functional person.

:hugs: Good luck with writing serious emails, and with driving test!
Original post by Riku
that's good :hugs:

what does step 4 mean though? :s-smilie:

Also dont panic too much if a diagnosis doesnt happen straight away.

And i have no clue sorry. Have you googled it in your service your with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
yup :smile:

it is difficult to tell whether it's just a side effect of my sleep deprivation on some days and suspected OCD etc., however.

Ah, yeah, have you spoken to your parents/people who knew you as a child? That can give you an insight into if you may be Aspergic or not, because like you said some disorders can mimic different parts of Aspergers (e.g. OCD can mimic the obsessiveness, Social anxiety can look like the communication issues that those on the spectrum may have, etc). Perhaps look into characteristics of Asperger's? That could help you if you haven't already.
Memories? Or is it this too personal? I didn't like Uni as well so suspended my studies with an option to go back. I'm always available via PM if you wanna talk or anything, same goes for everyone on here :smile:

Thank you so much! I would say what kind of memories, but I don't want to trigger anything for anyone else. I might take you up on that PM though.
Original post by Team_McDreamy
second meeting with potential dissertation supervisor went well, and i think i've decided on my choices now :smile: only thing is that my personal tutor advised me not to do a subject thats got a personal connection to it, and my first choice dissertation is about mental wellbeing in medical students, which is obv very personal to me. so i'm risking it a bit there, but i really really really want to do it so i think i'm gonna go for it anyway :/

everything just seems to slow down, right? the first time i took them i was pretty freaked out because it felt so strange :tongue:

I'm doing my dissertation too - about the role of genetics in psychiatric illness. I disagree with your tutor - the more interested you are in your subject the more effort you'll put into it - I say GO FOR IT :biggrin: Just make sure you don't go off on any tangents and be objective. Aaaand don't sacrifice your other modules time-wise.

Yeah it blocks the adrenaline so i'm slightly worried about exercise but oh well...
(edited 9 years ago)

Just had a really bad week if I'm honest and physical health stuff kicking off majorly which isn't helping matters :redface: Managed to make myself get up and have a shower though, spoke to a couple of people and played with the dog for a while so feel a little bit better now :smile: How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg. in the most horrific mood imaginable. so moody, so irritated by everything, so much hurting, just cried all the way through my lecture. I hate everything.

also

Spoiler

Latest