The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Undisclosed 15
I have had my application ready since last Friday but my school need to check it and they're really slow. Arrgh...I want to apply by Friday at the latest and I just know that my school will take longer than that, even though they quoted Friday as their aim today.

I am applying for Law to Cambridge (Emma), Durham (St. Cuthberts), UCL and Newcastle. I will add a 5th choice later.

Any other lawyers in this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a law applicant but I've applied for st cuthberts too! How did you actually pick that college, I sort of randomly did it aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my first panic attack today, literally thought I was going to die :eek:
I have had my application ready since last Friday but my school need to check it and they're really slow. Arrgh...I want to apply by Friday at the latest and I just know that my school will take longer than that, even though they quoted Friday as their aim today.

I am applying for Law to Cambridge (Emma), Durham (St. Cuthberts), UCL and Newcastle. I will add a 5th choice later.

Any other lawyers in this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I handed mine in on the 14th and it's still not sent off....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
Had my first panic attack today, literally thought I was going to die :eek:

Are you ok now?
Reply 2624
We have just finished C3 like 2 lessons ago and I can definitely see the jump it isnt to bad but I havent really had enough time to practise the 2 most difficult chapters, literally not done more than 5 questions in the exercises for both so thats probably why I'm struggling :frown:

Crazy thing is we jumped from capter 8 c3 to chapter 6 C4 and started C4 and I just go to lessons for the point of going now even though what is being taught I am not really fully understanding due to my lack of practise. I understand what shes doing but like to all of a sudden say do it yourself is a different story getting stressed :frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
16 marks what

I know. I'm holding out for an E :tongue:

Original post by rachelc142
Don't be disheartened! Still early on in the year and trig is considered one of the difficult topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :redface: I think it's just because I didn't do quite as well as I hoped in AS maths (don't get me wrong, all things considered I did well overall, but I think I could have done a lot better in one exam), so now I see anything going wrong in maths as a sign that I shouldn't be taking it to A2. Just got to work at it I suppose!
Original post by Georgiecat
I know. I'm holding out for an E :tongue:

Thanks :redface: I think it's just because I didn't do quite as well as I hoped in AS maths (don't get me wrong, all things considered I did well overall, but I think I could have done a lot better in one exam), so now I see anything going wrong in maths as a sign that I shouldn't be taking it to A2. Just got to work at it I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Having done A2 maths last year i would seriously recommend constant practice of the harder topics like trig and intergration. Literally do every single question you can find (trust me there's loads lol) and you have to master it if you want to do really well.
I didn't do too badly but it got so difficult that i began to hate maths and so did even less work for it which was my biggest mistake
Yup in year 13 somehow. Man it's weird I close my eyes and picture acting out teenage mutant ninja turtles in year 2 with my friends.. now I'm applying for uni:0 impossible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
DOES ANYBODY HERE STUDY EDEXCEL A2 HISTORY?

Does anybody here study Britain and Africa 1870-1981 which focuses on roughly 100 year study of change over time.
I'm interested in seeing what other topics people study for A2 History coursework even if your not with Edexcel. :wink:

I'm currently doing A2 History Coursework(40%) of the overall A2 grade with a final exam(60%) weighting.

We're doing the Indian Mughal Empire/British East India Company for the coursework.
Original post by plasmaman
We're doing the Indian Mughal Empire/British East India Company for the coursework.

I did Britain and India for my Unit 2 source paper from AS. I can't recall the dates
but it was from East India trading company all the way to Partition of India after world war 2.
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Not a law applicant but I've applied for st cuthberts too! How did you actually pick that college, I sort of randomly did it aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did about 1 hour's research on the internet and used the thread dedicated to helping people chose a college. To decide on my Cambridge college, I took incredibly long but for Durham, I just thought 'that one will do'. Lol

I want to live at the site with single ensuites that is self catered (forgot the name). What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So much paperwork for Cambridge :redface:
Original post by Bude8
So much paperwork for Cambridge :redface:

just realised i also need to fill in forms and get them sent there/..
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I did Britain and India for my Unit 2 source paper from AS. I can't recall the dates
but it was from East India trading company all the way to Partition of India after world war 2.

Yeah same, we did that, 1850-1945 I think, and Russia (Tsars and Stalin) for Unit 1. It seems weird because we're actually studying an earlier time period second by looking at India pre Raj.
Application finally sent. Now the waiting starts :moon:
I did about 1 hour's research on the internet and used the thread dedicated to helping people chose a college. To decide on my Cambridge college, I took incredibly long but for Durham, I just thought 'that one will do'. Lol

I want to live at the site with single ensuites that is self catered (forgot the name). What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to say it's called parsons field or something like that and yeah same I think that's be a cool place to live, it's a bit closer than Josephine butler right? But there's still self catered so that's good :smile:
Original post by Harlee24
Posted from TSR Mobile

Having done A2 maths last year i would seriously recommend constant practice of the harder topics like trig and intergration. Literally do every single question you can find (trust me there's loads lol) and you have to master it if you want to do really well.
I didn't do too badly but it got so difficult that i began to hate maths and so did even less work for it which was my biggest mistake

Thanks for the advice! :biggrin:
Original post by Elm Tree
Ahh congratulations! :smile:
Haven't even started my theory yet im so bad lol :redface:

Thanks! You will be fine!! Just revise your theory and take it before exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just looking through the textbooks FP2 and FP3 look so much more difficult than A2 maths last year :frown: :tongue:
Original post by Tibbz2
Just looking through the textbooks FP2 and FP3 look so much more difficult than A2 maths last year :frown: :tongue:

Fp2 is awful I hate it already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest