The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6680
Original post by Juan Mata
The go-to man for all your psychological and football needs

And if you need any research papers written.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
And if you need any research papers written.

Posted from TSR Mobile

or just some banter
Reply 6682
or just some banter

Can't vouch for that.
Original post by sr90
I think it's really good for your CV but not that important for UCAS. I didn't mention one word about EC's in my Personal Statement.

Indeed. Well done though! That's the sort of job i'm looking for, because nearly everywhere requires basic office experience as a minimum. If you're managed to get that without much on your CV then that gives me hope :tongue: Just have to keep trying I guess.

This didn't show up in my quote list for some reason, but i'm nearly 24 with a History degree.

Did you do History at A-Levels?
Original post by samiz20891
What I would say is enjoy the first year, but expect the external reading and difficulty to jump in the second year so being structured is key Imo. My history housemates tended to have a lot of free time other than during essay deadlines as they use to leave it late. Probably best if you don't leave it to the last day, people don't realise that your first year grade will be used as a basis for any summer internships or placements you go to so getting a 3rd/pass may not affect your degree grade but will affect your chances during these applications.

Second year first term makes or breaks your degree imo. The step up is HUGE. I'd say my 2nd year was much harder than 3rd year.

Original post by Rk2k14
Did you do History at A-Levels?

Yeh. Nailed all the exams, did **** in the coursework because they made you write in a certain style I wasn't used to.
Original post by sr90
Second year first term makes or breaks your degree imo. The step up is HUGE. I'd say my 2nd year was much harder than 3rd year.

Yeh. Nailed all the exams, did **** in the coursework because they made you write in a certain style I wasn't used to.

What did you end up with? What topics did you study?
Original post by sr90

Thats exactly the same with me. I smash the economics exams but do okay/**** in the coursework. Thankfully a module exam counts as 80% and coursework counts as 20%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally the topic has moves onto something normal.
Second week of uni and I'm already feeling rekt. Who knew studying law would be so complex right from the offset.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Finally the topic has moves onto something normal.

So Prod, tell us more about your U grade in..... English? :wink:

Why did you leave kik

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao 'moved' I meant! You think you're funny init :lol:
Original post by AR_95
Why did you leave kik

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was just busy and stopped going on it. I'm still in a chat though but it's not very active so might not be the main one
Original post by AR_95
Why did you leave kik

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cos I wasn't there :colone:
Lmao 'moved' I meant! You think you're funny init :lol:

:lol: I didn't even mean that, I just remember you got a U in something and was taking the piss since we're on the topic of A Levels :tongue:

Cos I wasn't there :colone:

can confirm
Original post by Rk2k14
What did you end up with? What topics did you study?

For A Level? Early 20th century Britain, Germany between the wars, Cold War & Tsarist/Communist Russia.
:lol: I didn't even mean that, I just remember you got a U in something and was taking the piss since we're on the topic of A Levels :tongue:

can confirm

Lmao yeah ABU and the U was in psychology! It's a very underrated subject, quite difficult actually. Who knew there was maths in it under a topic called 'inferential statistics' still feel hard done by by the grade...but anyways lols. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

I have absolutely no idea what I want to do for a career and i'm not sure how i'm going to find out. I just look at all these things and think that i'm not remotely good enough, even though i'd probably do well if I got given a chance. Everywhere that looks interesting requires a relevant degree, relevant experience or some other requirement that I don't have.

Feeling the exact same. Although I sort of know what I want to do and I do currently have a job which covers part of that role, it’s still not enough experience to make me move forward with anything. And now I'm 24 :closedeyes:.
Lmao yeah ABU and the U was in psychology! It's a very underrated subject, quite difficult actually. Who knew there was maths in it under a topic called 'inferential statistics'...but anyways lols.

Such a weird set of grades :biggrin: You got in though so it's all good.

Should've asked Luke for help lel.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Feeling the exact same. Although I sort of know what I want to do and I do currently have a job which covers part of that role, it’s still not enough experience to make me move forward with anything. And now I'm 24 :closedeyes:.

Yeh I turn 24 early next year and I keep having really depressing thoughts about how I should have done more with my life. People my age are getting married, having kids, buying homes, running businesses... :colonhash:

Latest