The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Second year first term makes or breaks your degree imo. The step up is HUGE. I'd say my 2nd year was much harder than 3rd year.

Yeh. Nailed all the exams, did **** in the coursework because they made you write in a certain style I wasn't used to.

Agree. First year I did ok, got good grades without too many problems. Second year I cocked up so hard.

Did better in coursework than exams. Courseworks was good/ok but exams were atrocious.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Second week of uni and I'm already feeling rekt. Who knew studying law would be so complex right from the offset.

They make the exams easy in first year dw. Just stay organised and you'll be fine. :smile:
Original post by Juan Mata
Such a weird set of grades :biggrin: You got in though so it's all good.

Should've asked Luke for help lel.

I know right lol! You look at it and go "You're so intelligent...but so very very dumb too" :lol:

Ahh yeah Lukey boy does Psych init? How's your studies going?

Original post by sr90
Yeh I turn 24 early next year and I keep having really depressing thoughts about how I should have done more with my life. People my age are getting married, having kids, buying homes, running businesses... :colonhash:

That s true... what are you planning on doing? Kids? Marriage? Or investing in something etc etc? :smile: You're still young though, the world's your oyster..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
They make the exams easy in first year dw. Just stay organised and you'll be fine. :smile:

That was nice to read, thank you :smile:
Btw, I'm looking to do a business. Might just become a piano tutor or something like that.
Original post by jam277
Agree. First year I did ok, got good grades without too many problems. Second year I cocked up so hard.

Did better in coursework than exams. Courseworks was good/ok but exams were atrocious.

Yeh it completely reversed when I went to uni. I think it's cos at A Level I was so desperate to move out and start fresh that i'd spend every waking moment revising. At uni i'd do every essay the day before it was due and i'd always get a 2.1. So I always knew half my grade before i'd sit an exam, meaning much less pressure to do well.

I ****ed up so badly in second year. There were two essays that I didn't even hand in so I got 0 for both of them. Had so many problems that year both academically and socially, luckily some people helped me to see some sense and I knuckled down for final year. Just about scraped a 2.1 overall when in reality I should have got a 1st with ease.
Original post by sr90
People my age are getting married, having kids, buying homes, running businesses... :colonhash:

**** that though. 24's too young to be having to stress about all that unless a situation's been forced upon you.
Original post by sr90
Yeh I turn 24 early next year and I keep having really depressing thoughts about how I should have done more with my life. People my age are getting married, having kids, buying homes, running businesses... :colonhash:

did you take a couple of gap years before going uni?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
**** that though. 24's too young to be having to stress about all that unless a situation's been forced upon you.

Nah man 24 to me is an ideal time to start getting into a long-term relationship and think about marriage etc. Allow being an old dad...
I know right lol! You look at it and go "You're so intelligent...but so very very dumb too" :lol:

Ahh yeah Lukey boy does Psych init? How's your studies going?

That s true... what are you planning on doing? Kids? Marriage? Or investing in something etc etc? :smile:

:rofl:

Not bad, bit **** still being in sixth form while all my friends are at uni though :lol: there's still a few around so it's alright.

How's the start of uni been?

Yep. Maybe it'll change in the next few years since I'm only 18 but right now the idea of being married with kids in 6 years is kinda terrifying.
Original post by Juan Mata
:rofl:

Not bad, bit **** still being in sixth form while all my friends are at uni though :lol: there's still a few around so it's alright.

How's the start of uni been?

Ahh yeah it must feel a bit tiring but the year will fly by before you know!

Uni has been mad, met the most interesting people, went to the most wildest of fresher events but rah boy it's already taking it's toll. My student loan still hasn't come through yet so I'm broke af lmao but I work part time in Top Shop so it's not all bad. Decided on what u want to study?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Interesting you've posted that. Typed a wall of text then deleted but basically other people's lives are never as good as they make them out to be so it's pointless comparing yourself to others. All you're gonna do is feel like you're wasting your life.
Original post by Isometrix
Nah man 24 to me is an ideal time to start getting into a long-term relationship and think about marriage etc. Allow being an old dad...

Thinking about marriage? Definitely. Juggling a wife, kids, mortgage and a business at 24 though? Nah. That's not in me. Like Cutty when Avon was trying to bring him back into the game.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

I know the feeling! I'm a bridesmaid for three of my friends next year. Once is fine, but to have three of your friends get married within a short space of time just makes me feel even more ridiculous about things!
Thinking about marriage? Definitely. Juggling a wife, kids, mortgage and a business at 24 though? Nah. That's not in me. Like Cutty when Avon was trying to bring him back into my the game.

Yeah that's true, 27 for me is a good age to start a family when you're financially secure hopefully. Anything less would be a bit soon for me, saying that my mum gave birth to me when she was 19 so...
Original post by Wilfred Little
Interesting you've posted that. Typed a wall of text then deleted but basically other people's lives are never as good as they make them out to be so it's pointless comparing yourself to others. All you're gonna do is feel like you're wasting your life.

It's a really bad habit of mine, I do see what you're saying though. For example if someone was to look at my best friend you'd think she has a really good life, but in reality I know all the **** she doesn't tell people and it is far from perfect.

Original post by The Assassin
did you take a couple of gap years before going uni?

Was between school and college. I didn't get A Levels until I was 20, somehow got my local sixth form to let me in late.

Original post by Isometrix
Yeah that's true, 27 for me is a good age to start a family when you're financially secure hopefully. Anything less would be a bit soon for me, saying that my mum gave birth to me when she was 19 so...

It's crazy to think about all that isn't it. When my Dad was my age, he was engaged to my Mum and about to put a deposit down on his first house. I'd love to find a serious girlfriend but anything like marriage/kids is at least 10 years away tbh. Don't want to think about that **** right now, i'm not remotely ready!
(edited 9 years ago)
Ahh yeah it must feel a bit tiring but the year will fly by before you know!

Uni has been mad, met the most interesting people, went to the most wildest of fresher events but rah boy it's already taking it's toll. My student loan still hasn't come through yet so I'm broke af lmao but I work part time in Top Shop so it's not all bad. Decided on what u want to study?

Busy then, sounds fun though!

Yeah I'm applying for Human Biology :smile:
Enough about what to do with life and just watch these...

Not even sure what has made me bring this up but... you can rely on football to bring you a few laughs.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Enough about what to do with life and just watch these...

Not even sure what has made me bring this up but... you can rely on football to bring you a few laughs.

[video="youtube;_wF87vHYDjc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wF87vHYDjc[/video]

Latest