Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Me!
Course: Biology
GCSEs: 5A*s, 3As
A levels: Maths, chemistry, biology, AS Spanish and EPQ (this year)
Predictions: A*AA
AS grades: AAAB
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 81
Got an offer for MMath within 24 hours of them recieving my application...this either means they really liked me or no one is applying to the course lol
Original post by kofeezy
Got an offer for MMath within 24 hours of them recieving my application...this either means they really liked me or no one is applying to the course lol

I think they're just giving out offers to anyone with a decent prediction tbh. Like I doubt they even looked at my application properly considering they offered sub 90 mins.
Reply 83
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think they're just giving out offers to anyone with a decent prediction tbh. Like I doubt they even looked at my application properly considering they offered sub 90 mins.

Lol I think thats probably true, I got my offer before I even got the email accepting me into the Bath Application Tracker thing
Original post by mariana.costa
Lol I think thats probably true, I got my offer before I even got the email accepting me into the Bath Application Tracker thing

Haha yeah same
Bath's a lovely place, the accommodation was really nice when I visited, definitely a strong contender for first choice for me :smile:

Course: Chemical Engineering
GCSEs: 1A^, 1A*, 8As, 2Bs (not exactly amazing haha)
AS levels: AAAA, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology
Predicted grades: A*A*A*A, Maths, Further maths, Chemistry and Biology respectively

Sent my application off today and it sounds as if people are already getting offers, so fingers crossed I'll get some fast replies.
Best of luck to everyone else applying :smile:
Sent off my ucas application last week but haven't got an email or anything from Bath saying they received it...whereas all my other choices replied within 2 days :/ should i be worried?

I don't know, I'm predicted A*A*A*A, I sent mine off about a week ago and still haven't heard anything :/ but they might have more to deal with at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fred Cantoni
I don't know, I'm predicted A*A*A*A, I sent mine off about a week ago and still haven't heard anything :/ but they might have more to deal with at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're probably just getting round to it.
They're probably just getting round to it.

I hope so!! Getting scared you guys already have your offers!! congrats on yours anyway! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fred Cantoni
I hope so!! Getting scared you guys already have your offers!! congrats on yours anyway! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just a waiting game for you!

Thanks
Original post by NikolaT
Not even a full day and you bumped your own thread twice? Isn't that a bit too eager? :wink:

GCSEs: IGCSEs 4A*s, GCSEs 3A*s, 3As
Course: Economics and Politics
A-levels: Maths, Economics, Politics, AS Latin, AS Further Maths [self-taught], EPQ

Received an offer today.

Over. The. Fricking. Moon.
I got my offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No offer yet! But only applied two days ago :lol:

Physics-
predicted 4 A*, got 5 A last year
Congratulations to those to whom we have already made an offer.

Every application is very carefully considered, always by at least two members of staff independently. We make offers at different rates for different programmes as the volume of applications and factors we take into account vary for each course. We can do this faster in the early stages of an admissions cycle when the number we are looking at is only a small proportion of the total we expect by 15 January. If you have had an offer already, this is all part of the benefit of applying early!

Best wishes

Liz (Admissions)
Reply 95
Does any one know roughly when offers start getting made ... especially for NatSci
Original post by Macky16
Does any one know roughly when offers start getting made ... especially for NatSci

I have an offer for NatSci! Got it last week
Reply 97
Original post by TVIO
Just got my offer. Unexpectedly, I only applied yesterday! A*AB/AAA for comp sci.
GCSEs:9A*2A
Y12:A*Aaa Maths, gen studies, physics, computing respectively. Predicted A*(maths)A*A*A*A(gen studies) in further maths,physics,computing. I kinda wanted to be interviewed, is there an offer holder day?

Hey, I just got a standard CompSci conditional offer without an interview too! Are you planning to firm Bath? Where else have you applied?

There are departmental open days for CS, but their website implies it is just for potential applicants, not offer holders. I'd call them to ask about tagging along or visiting another time anyway, because they were superb when I called them recently.
UPDATE: detailed page here suggests we can!

Congrats to everyone else with offers and good luck to those waiting!

Also, for those waiting, do not worry about others receiving offers quicker than you: it depends on so many variables!

Overall
Subject: Computer Science
Time for offer: 1 week
GCSE: 6A*4A
AS: AAAA
Predicted A2: A*A*A*
Offer: AAA/A*AB
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone got an offer for Biochemistry at Bath yet? :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by JayCS
Hey, I just got a standard CompSci conditional offer without an interview too! Are you planning to firm Bath? Where else have you applied?

There are departmental open days for CS, but their website implies it is just for potential applicants, not offer holders. I'd call them to ask about tagging along or visiting another time anyway, because they were superb when I called them recently.

Congrats to everyone else with offers and good luck to those waiting!

Also, for those waiting, do not worry about others receiving offers quicker than you: it depends on so many variables!

Overall
Subject: Computer Science
Time for offer: 1 week
GCSE: 6A*4A
AS: AAAA
Predicted A2: A*A*A*
Offer: AAA/A*AB

Planning on firming Cambridge/Imperial (if I get offers of course!) or maybe UCL. Bath is highly likely to be my insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest