The Student Room Group

Cambridge Anglo Saxon Norse and Celtic (ASNC) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Me too! Just finished my personal statement. Getting slightly nervous, haha.
Original post by azurer
Me too! Just finished my personal statement. Getting slightly nervous, haha.

Same here :smile: Plus since I'm also applying to other universities I had to modify my statement a bit, which makes me double nervous.

Did you write your statement for Cambridge specifically or for several universities, if you don't mind me asking?
Yay some friends! What colleges you two applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IHTWFR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trinity Hall :smile: You?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 144
Original post by BluePudding
Same here :smile: Plus since I'm also applying to other universities I had to modify my statement a bit, which makes me double nervous.

Did you write your statement for Cambridge specifically or for several universities, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, I wrote it pretty much with just Cambridge in mind, even though I'm applying to a few other universities as well. Most of the courses are mainly Medieval history, so it isn't that big of a stretch, though. What other schools are you applying to? :smile:

Original post by IHTWFR

Man, trying to choose between colleges was probably the biggest struggle here, haha. Ended up going for Gonville and Caius!
Original post by azurer
Yeah, I wrote it pretty much with just Cambridge in mind, even though I'm applying to a few other universities as well. Most of the courses are mainly Medieval history, so it isn't that big of a stretch, though. What other schools are you applying to? :smile:

Universities in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow, but for courses related to Scandinavian Studies.
Reply 146
Universities in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow, but for courses related to Scandinavian Studies.

Sounds good! I'm actually applying for Glasgow and Edinburgh myself, too. Might just end up in the same place, who knows.

Do you guys already know which papers you'd like to take, if you got in?
Hi, I have applied for ASNC too. It is nice to find others did anyone go to the open day in June?
I sent off my SAQ thursday so no going back now :biggrin:. I have applied to Glasgow, leicester, Birmingham and Durham, and Glasgow have already made me a conditional offer.
Original post by nimrod100
Hi, I have applied for ASNC too. It is nice to find others did anyone go to the open day in June?
I sent off my SAQ thursday so no going back now :biggrin:. I have applied to Glasgow, leicester, Birmingham and Durham, and Glasgow have already made me a conditional offer.

Congrats! :smile: It's great we all found each other, I hope we all get accepted. I still haven't sent my application yet as I'm having some issues with the last part :/ Makes me really nervous...
I'm really blank when it comes down to the SAQ - I haven't done much reading..
Just sent my application, no going back now... :smile:
Original post by IHTWFR
I'm really blank when it comes down to the SAQ - I haven't done much reading..

Same here... I'm an international student and I have no idea if all of the SAQ applies to me :frown: The A Level part shouldn't apply to me, 'cause I'm taking a different qualification but I'm at the stage where every sentence seems suspicious and sends me into panic :smile:
Reply 152
Same here... I'm an international student and I have no idea if all of the SAQ applies to me :frown: The A Level part shouldn't apply to me, 'cause I'm taking a different qualification but I'm at the stage where every sentence seems suspicious and sends me into panic :smile:

Where are you applying from? I'm from Finland myself, and as you mentioned, the A level shebang doesn't apply to us who haven't taken them (obviously). The instructions were pretty clear tho, imo, so don't worry about it too much. I'd say the part about A levels was the only thing that's different for us non-Britons.

Sent off my SAQ this morning! So begins the countdown :wink:
Original post by azurer
Where are you applying from? I'm from Finland myself, and as you mentioned, the A level shebang doesn't apply to us who haven't taken them (obviously). The instructions were pretty clear tho, imo, so don't worry about it too much. I'd say the part about A levels was the only thing that's different for us non-Britons.

Sent off my SAQ this morning! So begins the countdown :wink:

Thank you! I'm so relieved! Everything seems much clearer now. What about the High School Transcript, though?

And I'm from Poland :smile:
Reply 154
Thank you! I'm so relieved! Everything seems much clearer now. What about the High School Transcript, though?

And I'm from Poland :smile:

Yay, another EU kiddo then! Oh yeah, forgot about the transcript - that one applies to us. Just ask your school to send you a copy of your courses/grades in PDF format, and upload it. That's what I did, anyway, haha. Don't fret too much about it!
Original post by azurer
Yay, another EU kiddo then! Oh yeah, forgot about the transcript - that one applies to us. Just ask your school to send you a copy of your courses/grades in PDF format, and upload it. That's what I did, anyway, haha. Don't fret too much about it!

Thank you :biggrin:
Hey I'm sort of EU too. British born but now live in Berlin. Do you think there are any UK students applying :wink:
Original post by nimrod100
Hey I'm sort of EU too. British born but now live in Berlin. Do you think there are any UK students applying :wink:

Me :smile:
Another ASNC applicant here! :smile: I'm also an international applicant and sent off my application last week. So now begins the nervous waiting!
Welcome Bookworm. Where are you from?
I am still in shock I got an unconditional offer from both Birmingham and Leicester. Cambridge is my favourite but at least I know I will go somewhere :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending