This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Maybe split into different sections?
Voice hearing
Iirc you get some paranoia?

Rather than talking about them all at the same time?

Good luck :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Panda :lovehug: It being me, I've totes jumbled them all up, so that's a very good suggestion of yours! :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oops, someone went and trolled us and got banned :party:

Peeps, I've been asked to write an article for World Mental Health Day tomorrow, about the schizophrenic-type symptoms of my schizoaffective disorder. Anyone wanna chip in ideas for what I should write about? It's a long-ass article (still writing it) but I think it's best to give a full picture of what it's like living like this :yes:

Don't think I have anything to chip in, but certainly would be interested in reading it once you have finished :smile:.
Thanks Panda :lovehug: It being me, I've totes jumbled them all up, so that's a very good suggestion of yours! :yep:

Just thought it might be easier to read. Ut its totally your thing.
If it was me id do:

Intro: explain all (links maybe and say all the symptoms, but you have X Y and Z)

Then a paragraph on each of the things you have.

Conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Peeps, I've been asked to write an article for World Mental Health Day tomorrow, about the schizophrenic-type symptoms of my schizoaffective disorder. Anyone wanna chip in ideas for what I should write about? It's a long-ass article (still writing it) but I think it's best to give a full picture of what it's like living like this :yes:

Maybe just write about the different symptoms you get out of Voices, hallucinations, delusions, thought disorder? I think those are the main schizoaffective psychotic symptoms right? I think panda has a point about structuring it into different symptoms :yes:
But your stuck with the coolness :yep:

Can you treat yourself and be kind? :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying, I fell asleep in the end, treated myself to nachos though haha. How are you today?

I can give you a copy of the article I wrote for the same thing if you think that would help?

I'd encourage anyone else to pitch in as well. Anyone with schizophrenia related disorders! It'd be cool to have a few of us all mucking in.
11 days after referral and I haven't been contacted to even book an appointment. :sigh: also just got a delivery. only very vaguely remember ordering it all (5 books :sigh: I cant remember the last time I finished a book, motivation is so low). not sure what to do. mad at myself.
Hope everyone is alright! :jumphug:
Original post by WelshBluebird
Don't think I have anything to chip in, but certainly would be interested in reading it once you have finished :smile:.

Sure, I will give you guys the link once it's up though. I'm being relatively candid about my experiences though, so it obviously comes with a trigger warning and some people on here really SHOULDN'T read it :no:

Just thought it might be easier to read. Ut its totally your thing.
If it was me id do:

Intro: explain all (links maybe and say all the symptoms, but you have X Y and Z)

Then a paragraph on each of the things you have.

Conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - am starting to format it like that and it reads SO much better :colondollar:

Original post by bullettheory
Maybe just write about the different symptoms you get out of Voices, hallucinations, delusions, thought disorder? I think those are the main schizoaffective psychotic symptoms right? I think panda has a point about structuring it into different symptoms :yes:

I completely forgot about thought disorder :facepalm: I'm such a numpty

Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
I can give you a copy of the article I wrote for the same thing if you think that would help?

I'd encourage anyone else to pitch in as well. Anyone with schizophrenia related disorders! It'd be cool to have a few of us all mucking in.

That would be quite helpful, if you don't mind? :colondollar: Can you attach it via PM? :ninja:
:bebored:

Am on skype if you're still wanting a natter by the way, sorry I was busy the other day. :hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience
11 days after referral and I haven't been contacted to even book an appointment. :sigh: also just got a delivery. only very vaguely remember ordering it all (5 books :sigh: I cant remember the last time I finished a book, motivation is so low). not sure what to do. mad at myself.

Pretty sure when you buy stuff online you've got a legal time limit where you can return them and they have to give you a refund. :smile:
Thanks for replying, I fell asleep in the end, treated myself to nachos though haha. How are you today?

Sleep is good :yep: nachos :drool:
Im meh, the added quetiapine doesnt seem to have lifted my mood at all, been so low recently :sad: but drs on wednesday so i guess ill see.
Hope your doing a bit better :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just had cheesy pasta- and the world hasnt ended. :jive:

That would be quite helpful, if you don't mind? :colondollar: Can you attach it via PM? :ninja:

Sent :smile:.
Sure, I will give you guys the link once it's up though. I'm being relatively candid about my experiences though, so it obviously comes with a trigger warning and some people on here really SHOULDN'T read it :no:

Thanks - am starting to format it like that and it reads SO much better :colondollar:

I completely forgot about thought disorder :facepalm: I'm such a numpty

Sometimes it just takes other thoughts on how to lay it out, dont feel bad!
I know if i was reading its easier to have it set out in sections, especially for those who have never heard of what your talking about it, let alone those who dont have it themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96

:party: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know if i was reading its easier to have it set out in sections, especially for those who have never heard of what your talking about it, let alone those who dont have it themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I had to think quite a bit how to write mine. In fact I had to think so much that I ended up writing it twice :tongue:.
Yeah I had to think quite a bit how to write mine. In fact I had to think so much that I ended up writing it twice :tongue:.

Its so easy to just do word vomit.
For my dissy i set it out into headings that i wanted to talk about, and that made it so much easier :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96

Soooooo proud of you sweetie! :lovehug:

Sent :smile:.

Thankies - it's really helped reading yours. Mine still has a long way to go by the looks of it! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:h:
Its so easy to just do word vomit.
For my dissy i set it out into headings that i wanted to talk about, and that made it so much easier :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

if i don't have headings for a piece of writing I'm doing, I end up with word vomit.

Latest