The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelc142
Fp2 is awful I hate it already

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've got to y^2 = f(x) and I've given up with life, I missed the first lesson on it and was quite ill during the second, so I don't understand it at all :tongue:
ev'ning all.
Original post by Guills on wheels
ev'ning all.

Evening.
Original post by plasmaman
Yeah same, we did that, 1850-1945 I think, and Russia (Tsars and Stalin) for Unit 1. It seems weird because we're actually studying an earlier time period second by looking at India pre Raj.

Ah that cool :wink:

For unit 1 I studied [USA: civil rights & RUSSIA: From Autocracy to Dictatorship]

For Russia we studied from the Tsarist Reign from Alexander 3rd, Nicholas 2nd
to World war one and then Feb + Oct Revolutions and then Soverignkom [Lenin Government]
and finally war communism. 1870-1924.

Did you go far as to covering the entire reign of Stalin i.e Cold war etc
Did your class show you a programme called 'Animal Farm' I think it was a cartoon
based upon the Russian Society.

Are you retaking any History exams or are you just focusing on A2 History.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Ah that cool :wink:

For unit 1 I studied [USA: civil rights & RUSSIA: From Autocracy to Dictatorship]

For Russia we studied from the Tsarist Reign from Alexander 3rd, Nicholas 2nd
to World war one and then Feb + Oct Revolutions and then Soverignkom [Lenin Government]
and finally war communism. 1870-1924.

Did you go far as to covering the entire reign of Stalin i.e Cold war etc
Did your class show you a programme called 'Animal Farm' I think it was a cartoon
based upon the Russian Society.

Are you retaking any History exams or are you just focusing on A2 History.

We did the same as you (D3 I believe) but did Stalin's Russia as the second option. How was it switching between countries? We studied Stalin's rise to power, industrialisation and collectivisation (think the mass famines), The Great Terror and a fleeting section about Soviet Russia's success in WW2/development as a superpower.

Incidentally we studied the novel Animal Farm in English Literature for GCSE at comprehensive, so it linked quite nicely. We watched the film version (with proper talking animals and all that!) and in History as well which I've seen twice now.
And no I'll just be doing the A2 units. What grade did you get for AS?
Fp2 is awful I hate it already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Tibbz2
We've got to y^2 = f(x) and I've given up with life, I missed the first lesson on it and was quite ill during the second, so I don't understand it at all :tongue:

Wait until De Moivre's theorem, that'll be fun :smile:
Original post by Bude8
Wait until De Moivre's theorem, that'll be fun :smile:

We've just moved on from that, I got the first lesson but as soon as it involved trig I hated it
Like the question "express 16sin^5x as multiples of sines"
I had about 5 pages of attempts
Anyone doing ocr history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've just moved on from that, I got the first lesson but as soon as it involved trig I hated it
Like the question "express 16sin^5x as multiples of sines"
I had about 5 pages of attempts

Got to love it when they throw in binomial expansions in there too, using multiple skills is actually what makes maths enjoyable for me
Original post by Bude8
Got to love it when they throw in binomial expansions in there too, using multiple skills is actually what makes maths enjoyable for me

I don't mind using multiple skills its just how there can be so many dead end routes, makes timing hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't mind using multiple skills its just how there can be so many dead end routes, makes timing hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is time a a big issue in FP papers?
Original post by Bude8
Is time a a big issue in FP papers?

Not done a whole paper yet but it seems like it could be at the minute

Posted from TSR Mobile
We did the same as you (D3 I believe) but did Stalin's Russia as the second option. How was it switching between countries? We studied Stalin's rise to power, industrialisation and collectivisation (think the mass famines), The Great Terror and a fleeting section about Soviet Russia's success in WW2/development as a superpower.

Incidentally we studied the novel Animal Farm in English Literature for GCSE at comprehensive, so it linked quite nicely. We watched the film version (with proper talking animals and all that!) and in History as well which I've seen twice now.
And no I'll just be doing the A2 units. What grade did you get for AS?

I think we did yeah, we must have done the first era of Russia together. But for unit 1 second section you must have carried on with Stalin reign 1924-1950 or whenever but I did USA Civil rights [I did it for GCSE as-well :tongue:] I recall doing the Terror, Red Army & War Communism + those agragian famines due to food shortages etc.

Ah that must have been cool being able to link different parts together. I knew a few people at GCSE English Language studying Animal farm :wink: I studied Of Mice & Men and Inspector calls. Animal Farm is pretty fascinating once you have fully gone through Russian History.

For my AS Grade I got a 'B' overall.
Unit 1: 54% = d ---> I spent over a month solid revision photographic memory but went blank for 10 whole minutes in the test.
Unit 2: 98% = a ---> I opened the book the night before 3-11pm the night before the test which was the same day as my Maths C2 exam.

Overall: 152/200 = B

I can get an 'a' overall if I resit unit 1 but I'm worried as that would affect my Maths/Physics AS units I wish to retake for extra UMS.
Wbu? What did you get for AS & what modules are you studying now? :smile:
When did you start your A2 History coursework & what's your other A2 History module?
What other subjects do you study and what are you applying to university for.
(edited 9 years ago)
SSW vs SSB tomorrow (if anyone knows what this means then :yy:)
Is anybody else ignoring their A level studies due to uni applications or is it just me? :P
I think we did yeah, we must have done the first era of Russia together. But for unit 1 second section you must have carried on with Stalin reign 1924-1950 or whenever but I did USA Civil rights [I did it for GCSE as-well :tongue:] I recall doing the Terror, Red Army & War Communism + those agragian famines due to food shortages etc.

Ah that must have been cool being able to link different parts together. I knew a few people at GCSE English Language studying Animal farm :wink: I studied Of Mice & Men and Inspector calls. Animal Farm is pretty fascinating once you have fully gone through Russian History.

For my AS Grade I got a 'B' overall.
Unit 1: 54% = d ---> I spent over a month solid revision photographic memory but went blank for 10 whole minutes in the test.
Unit 2: 98% = a ---> I opened the book the night before 3-11pm the night before the test which was the same day as my Maths C2 exam.

Overall: 152/200 = B

I can get an 'a' overall if I resit unit 1 but I'm worried as that would affect my Maths/Physics AS units I wish to retake for extra UMS.
Wbu? What did you get for AS & what modules are you studying now? :smile:
When did you start your A2 History coursework & what's your other A2 History module?
What other subjects do you study and what are you applying to university for.

I studied Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls also....
Well done for your grade btw, must have been disappointing for you having that unit one grade bring you down, but that unit 2 score....!!!😱I haven't spoken to anyone at my college who even scraped an A in that one. I also got a B overall, 76/100 in Unit One and 70/100 in Unit 2.
We've been doing the coursework (India and the East India Company) since we came back for the new term, our first draft of Part A is due in next Friday I believe!!!😩Our exam module is Germany from Kaiser to Fuhrer which includes the Weimar Republic and World War One, I'm actually excited about it as I think it's a fascinating part of history, certainly compared to India in the 1700's😴We start that after Christmas I believe.
My other subjects are A2 Chemistry and A2 Biology, interesting we both have 2 science/math subjects and then History! I want to study radiography at university, I have the dreaded personal statement to deal with now though...
What about you, what are your future plans? Also did your Maths/Physics go well last year?
I studied Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls also....
Well done for your grade btw, must have been disappointing for you having that unit one grade bring you down, but that unit 2 score....!!!I haven't spoken to anyone at my college who even scraped an A in that one. I also got a B overall, 76/100 in Unit One and 70/100 in Unit 2.
We've been doing the coursework (India and the East India Company) since we came back for the new term, our first draft of Part A is due in next Friday I believe!!!Our exam module is Germany from Kaiser to Fuhrer which includes the Weimar Republic and World War One, I'm actually excited about it as I think it's a fascinating part of history, certainly compared to India in the 1700'sWe start that after Christmas I believe.
My other subjects are A2 Chemistry and A2 Biology, interesting we both have 2 science/math subjects and then History! I want to study radiography at university, I have the dreaded personal statement to deal with now though...
What about you, what are your future plans? Also did your Maths/Physics go well last year?

My class is studying Britain and it's African Empire 1870-1980. We do Part B coursework from 13th October - 4th November & Part A from 4th Nov -11th December. Part B focuses on change over time with a 2,000 word essay [small but alot to cover *.* limited word count] By doing Part B it would help with part A source analysis and in depth focus on our own choices of years within that change over time period.

OMG :eek: I would love to study Germany from Fuhrer to Weimar Republic for A2 last module. I'm forced to study 'Option A - Revolution and Conflict in England' -> Charles the 1st @ c1620
We start this module 1-2 weeks before christmas up until April = quite alot to cover but it's also the case of going from GCSE/AS standard of mastery of essay writing skills to then going from A2/1st year Uni standard of writing essays. I guess it just takes time :tongue:

I'm guessing you doing this option 'Option D - The Challenge of Fascism' that must be really interesting. :frown: Yeah that's weird. I wanted to do Further maths instead of History but it was honestly too much maths to absorb personally with Maths as it is. I always enjoyed reading not so much writing :lol:

I want to study Physics at university it has always captivated me. Ah good luck on your personal statement. I've finished my second draft and I'm currently redoing my third atm. I'm assuming its going to take me 4 drafts to get it perfect. My subject teacher loves criticising my draft even for the smallest mistake. Wbu?
My class is studying Britain and it's African Empire 1870-1980. We do Part B coursework from 13th October - 4th November & Part A from 4th Nov -11th December. Part B focuses on change over time with a 2,000 word essay [small but alot to cover *.* limited word count] By doing Part B it would help with part A source analysis and in depth focus on our own choices of years within that change over time period.

OMG :eek: I would love to study Germany from Fuhrer to Weimar Republic for A2 last module. I'm forced to study 'Option A - Revolution and Conflict in England' -> Charles the 1st @ c1620
We start this module 1-2 weeks before christmas up until April = quite alot to cover but it's also the case of going from GCSE/AS standard of mastery of essay writing skills to then going from A2/1st year Uni standard of writing essays. I guess it just takes time :tongue:

I'm guessing you doing this option 'Option D - The Challenge of Fascism' that must be really interesting. :frown: Yeah that's weird. I wanted to do Further maths instead of History but it was honestly too much maths to absorb personally with Maths as it is. I always enjoyed reading not so much writing :lol:

I want to study Physics at university it has always captivated me. Ah good luck on your personal statement. I've finished my second draft and I'm currently redoing my third atm. I'm assuming its going to take me 4 drafts to get it perfect. My subject teacher loves criticising my draft even for the smallest mistake. Wbu?

Took me two before I submitted mine, took others nine. Just focus on getting it polished :smile:
Reply 2658
Is it just my classes going very fast or is it the same for everyone aswell. its not even been half term and we have finished C3 & are started on C4 integration as some of it is needed for M3 apparently. We have also finished work energy power 1 chapter of M2

Chemistry we have only 4 chapters to go
Biology we have 3 chapters to go

:cry2::no:
Original post by Hudl
Is it just my classes going very fast or is it the same for everyone aswell. its not even been half term and we have finished C3 & are started on C4 integration as some of it is needed for M3 apparently. We have also finished work energy power 1 chapter of M2

Chemistry we have only 4 chapters to go
Biology we have 3 chapters to go

:cry2::no:

3 chaptersbto fo for the whole course or just one unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest