The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

can you use pictures in the essay?
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
can you use pictures in the essay?

Yes, I would recommend it too as long as it is used as a source. A wider variety of sources *appropriately used* show a higher level of skill, this can only can help your overall grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jcsiah
Yes, I would recommend it too as long as it is used as a source. A wider variety of sources *appropriately used* show a higher level of skill, this can only can help your overall grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
Any ideas for a rough topic for an EPQ for economics?
Could you write a musical? As in, script and score? And maybe performance? (with an accompanying report)
Original post by kitkatkidkate
Could you write a musical? As in, script and score? And maybe performance? (with an accompanying report)

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kitkatkidkate

On it's own, although impressive, wouldn't gain you the highest marks possible. If you were to do that it is best to look at a particular playwright or writer and try and show influence of their style in your own script. EPQ is a skills orientated task, meaning you have to show in depth research and evaluative skills.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am doing an EPQ on space-time (maths/physics related). I want to study a course at university related to maths or physics (or both). What subjects do the majority of the universities require for this course? I do maths, f.maths and physics. Is that enough or do I need more subjects? Please help thanks!
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
I am doing an EPQ on space-time (maths/physics related). I want to study a course at university related to maths or physics (or both). What subjects do the majority of the universities require for this course? I do maths, f.maths and physics. Is that enough or do I need more subjects? Please help thanks!

It will depend on each different university, so maybe check the requirements for the universities your are interested in applying to. In my mind maths, fm and physics ticks all the boxes for studying maths/physics at uni; but you never know so definitely check all the prospectuses.
Original post by Tillybop
It will depend on each different university, so maybe check the requirements for the universities your are interested in applying to. In my mind maths, fm and physics ticks all the boxes for studying maths/physics at uni; but you never know so definitely check all the prospectuses.

Okay, thank you. How do I do that? Will it be on their website/UCAS ? Thanks
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Okay, thank you. How do I do that? Will it be on their website/UCAS ? Thanks

They will have it all on their own websites :h: and UCAS also provide the information on their website too.
Is this a good idea?

I have been trying to come up with an idea of what to do for the extended project for ages now. However today I finally have come up with an idea which I think could work but I would like other opinions. I am currently studding maths, physics, economics and spanish.

My idea is to do something about robots, how integrated will they be in our lives in 10 years time, the development of robots (who, how, when) and finally I thought that I could attempt to make a simple robot and explain the process and skills used etc.
To all Year 13 EPQers - have you entered in under Education on UCAS?

I entered is as 'Extended Project Level 3', however UCAS asked me to enter the 'subject'. I'm not sure whether I should enter the title of my report or not. Currently I have just entered 'Extended Project Qualification' as the subject.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

I entered is as 'Extended Project Level 3', however UCAS asked me to enter the 'subject'. I'm not sure whether I should enter the title of my report or not. Currently I have just entered 'Extended Project Qualification' as the subject.

Does anyone know?

I just put the subject mine covers - 'Economics'.
I've just changed my title again...gotta start from scratch and we've been told that we're going to be submitting them for January :L
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

Does anyone know?

I just put in Extended Project Qualification for my title too but as another user has said, it's fine to list the actual title of your EPQ instead
I have just handed in my EPQ so if anyone is doing their's and needs advice I can help :smile:. (I do not what grade I've got yet though)

EPQ is a bitch be prepared for a lot of work; the qualification is good though
Yay time to write another 1000 words for the deadline tomorrow!
Original post by groovyd97
Yay time to write another 1000 words for the deadline tomorrow!

you were on the cambridge thread? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending