The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

I'm going on an adventure.... :colone:
Original post by Meaty_man
Had some breif moments of clarity recently, it seems to be so rare that i can think clearly nowadays. I just want to be able to get on in life, nothing more, but it's so difficult and help seems to be really hard to get.

I've tried so many things but either they don't work for me, or i'm too weak to use them properly, probably the latter. I just wonder if i'm ever gonna manage to get anywhere, everyone always seems to completely out-do me in anything, and i wonder if i have any talents at all.

:hugs: I think the idea you had about helping people with drug recovery and stuff was a really good one - you could totally make a difference to people's lives. :smile:

How're the hams?

Original post by Odd socks
It's for my drama groups play, and I actually did get a part! I'm a small part and I'm dead for most of the play but at least I got cast

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jive:

Original post by Lambrook
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I have been diagnosed as Bipolar II disorder though I can get quite psychotic at times but I'm not schizoaffective. I've also been misdiagnosed as Major Depressive disorder, and autistic.

Hey, welcome to the society. :smile: Hope you're doing well today!

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
My halls are so boring. I do say hello to some people and make small talk in the communal areas sometimes, but there's no party atmosphere and I've not been invited out to nights out with anyone here. Plus, it's a college rather than a uni, so there aren't really any societies or anything here. I'm quite bitterly disappointed with how boring it is here compared to my sisters' uni halls, and it's making me feel a bit lonely.

I wanna try not to let it get to me too much though. I guess I've just got to work a bit harder to create a fun social life for myself here, even if it means starting to go on nights out alone and seeing what happens. Plus, I've been making friends with a couple of my boyfriend's friends' girlfriends I've met on a few double dates, and one of them has invited me out tonight without the guys, so hopefully that'll lead to something :smile:.

Hey! :hi: Sorry to hear halls aren't what you expected, but it does seem like you're onto a good thing with your new friends. :yy: Hope you have fun tonight!

Original post by tasha96
I'm going on an adventure.... :colone:

:eek: Will there be rainbows and sparkles? Unicorns??
Original post by superwolf

There may be a goatherd involved in young Tasha's adventure :ninja:

:ahee:

:beard:
:hugs: I think the idea you had about helping people with drug recovery and stuff was a really good one - you could totally make a difference to people's lives. :smile:

How're the hams?

:jive:

Hey! :hi: Sorry to hear halls aren't what you expected, but it does seem like you're onto a good thing with your new friends. :yy: Hope you have fun tonight!

No rainbows- they're too young to go. :tongue: There will be lots of senior section in kilts though... :awesome:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Maybeeeeeee...... :ahee:

You're eloping to Switzerland?? :teeth:

Original post by tasha96
No rainbows- they're too young to go. :tongue: There will be lots of senior section in kilts though... :awesome:

:coma: Gotta love a good kilt.
Oh great I have to go a pointless recovery bull**** therapy for you apt.
Why can't people just understand my view point I see recovery as broken leg cure I don't do mental health recovery
I hate myself so much to care about recovery I see as something I am suffering with/learning to live with. I have had it for 8 sodding years I have been through thousands of tablets, had therapy, done the usual thinking positive bull****.

Now I am accepting it comes and goes and its chronic not short term

I'm only going to shut my bf, Dr Kate and gp up and I am refusing all meds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

Repped :smug:
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I have been diagnosed as Bipolar II disorder though I can get quite psychotic at times but I'm not schizoaffective. I've also been misdiagnosed as Major Depressive disorder, and autistic.

Welcome to MHSS! Toilets are down the corridor on the left :tongue:

----------------------------------

I WILL get some work done today, really don't know what's up with me. Going to see my best friend at uni later, it's 40 minutes away by train to a place I've never been before so I'm a bit anxious but I'm sure it'll work out.
To me getting a job right now doesn't cure how I feel. It would make things easier. The way I see it is that I am doing voluntary work, gcse maths and English, open university, access course and a levels what more can I say. But does it make me recovered nope nope nope not interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveteddy14
Oh great I have to go a pointless recovery bull**** therapy for you apt.
Why can't people just understand my view point I see recovery as broken leg cure I don't do mental health recovery
I hate myself so much to care about recovery I see as something I am suffering with/learning to live with. I have had it for 8 sodding years I have been through thousands of tablets, had therapy, done the usual thinking positive bull****.

Now I am accepting it comes and goes and its chronic not short term

I'm only going to shut my bf, Dr Kate and gp up and I am refusing all meds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know, I don't think hating yourself is healthy. :no: And therapy might be really helpful if that's your mindset and you agree to try and change it. :console:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Welcome to MHSS! Toilets are down the corridor on the left :tongue:

----------------------------------

I WILL get some work done today, really don't know what's up with me. Going to see my best friend at uni later, it's 40 minutes away by train to a place I've never been before so I'm a bit anxious but I'm sure it'll work out.

:teehee:

Good luck with work, and I hope you have a fantastic time with your friend. :h:

Indeedy we are. :yep:

:teehee:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:hugs: like I said I really hope you feel better soon, if you feel more up to talking then you are welcome to drop me a PM :smile:

Welcome :wavey: Though sorry to hear of what brings you hear. That's a lot of misdiagnosis right there :eek:

Thanks ^_^ Yeah, Australia's health system isn't very good... I've been on a ton of drugs as well. :s-smilie: Was once taking 8 different meds a day...

My halls are so boring. I do say hello to some people and make small talk in the communal areas sometimes, but there's no party atmosphere and I've not been invited out to nights out with anyone here. Plus, it's a college rather than a uni, so there aren't really any societies or anything here. I'm quite bitterly disappointed with how boring it is here compared to my sisters' uni halls, and it's making me feel a bit lonely.

This sounds like a university in Australia. You're not the only one that struggles establishing inter-personal relationships as well. I wonder how well I will do in England once I get into a university... if I get into one...

I'm doing okay, just not feeling 100%. Feel completely exhausted, and tired. want to sleep lots... but I've gone about 4 days without sleep so it must be catching up on me. I was napping already.
Posted this in another thread, though you guys would be interested too :smile: (it's an email I got from Mind the other day):

Today, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg announced the introduction, for the very first time, of mental health waiting time standards.

For us, this is an important landmark in our campaign for better access to talking therapies. Your support and campaigning has helped make this happen and we’d like to say thank you very, very much.

The announcement is part of a five year plan, which sets out how mental health services will be treated equally to physical health services by 2020.

From April 2015, 75 per cent of people referred for talking therapies through the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies programme will start their treatment within six weeks. Everyone else will wait no longer than 18 weeks. People experiencing psychosis for the first time will start treatment within two weeks of referral, which brings it in line with cancer treatments.

Just last month we found that 40 per cent of people have to wait over three months just to find out if they can get talking therapies and shockingly, 1 in 10 people have to wait more than a year. This isn’t good enough and it’s why you’ve been helping us campaign on this for years. It’s also why waiting time standards is one of the six campaign commitments we’ve been calling for in our Mind Manifesto.

Today’s announcement is a welcome first step and acknowledges the unfair imbalance that has long existed between physical and mental health services. We now need to see these important ambitions translate into tangible improvements for everyone trying to access the help they need. If you want to continue to fight for better mental health for everyone, take a look at what else we'll be campaigning on over the coming months.

What today shows is that we’re stronger together and we can make things happen.

Thank you,

Paul Farmer

Chief Executive, Mind

Thanks ^_^ Yeah, Australia's health system isn't very good... I've been on a ton of drugs as well. :s-smilie: Was once taking 8 different meds a day...

This sounds like a university in Australia. You're not the only one that struggles establishing inter-personal relationships as well. I wonder how well I will do in England once I get into a university... if I get into one...

I'm doing okay, just not feeling 100%. Feel completely exhausted, and tired. want to sleep lots... but I've gone about 4 days without sleep so it must be catching up on me. I was napping already.

Are you Australian then? I hear there are no hamsters in Australia, and this saddens me. :sad: :tongue:

I hate going without sleep - you a regular insomniac, or is this unusual for you? :smile:

You mean, you've been to university in Australia and experienced this? Funny, I found backpacking in Australia and staying in the hostels there was an amazingly social experience for me - it was so easy to get chatting to lots of friendly people and constantly get invited out to stuff instantly. Sadly, no where else has been as exciting ever since, not even summer camp work in the USA. Meh whatever, I'll try and rely on myself more to make my life exciting :p:
Hey peeps! My article that I was writing last night is up now: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=8211-Living-with-Schizophrenia-World-Mental-Health-day-2014

It talks about voices, paranoia, delusions, thought disorder and

Spoiler

Please DO NOT READ if you are feeling fragile :frown:

Hugs to all :grouphugs:
Hey peeps! My article that I was writing last night is up now: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=8211-Living-with-Schizophrenia-World-Mental-Health-day-2014

It talks about voices, paranoia, delusions, thought disorder and

Spoiler

Please DO NOT READ if you are feeling fragile :frown:

Hugs to all :grouphugs:

I'll definitely read it later - sounds like it merits more attention than a half-asleep wolfie can give it! :tongue:

Your AMA seems to be going really well, congrats. :smile:
I'll definitely read it later - sounds like it merits more attention than a half-asleep wolfie can give it! :tongue:

Your AMA seems to be going really well, congrats. :smile:

Thank you :o: I'm so pleased. I thought it would either die completely very quickly, or be full of trolls :colondollar:

Are you Australian then? I hear there are no hamsters in Australia, and this saddens me. :sad: :tongue:

I hate going without sleep - you a regular insomniac, or is this unusual for you? :smile:

Yes, I'm actually British-Australian. Born in Britain, lived 11 years in both Malaysia and Australia. I speak with a rather posh london accent so I am told. I think it's Received pronunciation though. Yes I'm a chronic insomniac I take sleeping pills but they don't work lol. I was on seroquel for it, now I take a combo of Mianserin, Zyprexa, and Valdoxan. Oddly I've found mixing liquor with this combination makes me hyper at night... So no drinks.

You mean, you've been to university in Australia and experienced this? Funny, I found backpacking in Australia and staying in the hostels there was an amazingly social experience for me - it was so easy to get chatting to lots of friendly people and constantly get invited out to stuff instantly. Sadly, no where else has been as exciting ever since, not even summer camp work in the USA. Meh whatever, I'll try and rely on myself more to make my life exciting :p:

I've been at Curtin university for 3 years, and have only meet about 2 people that are on a similar wave length for me. Its probably me though, I am a very serious person and sometimes I am aloof, and clinical. I get along great with Americans though.

Latest