The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hi everyone, does anyone know when exeter interview? Sent my application to my referee last week and already feeling nervous about the waiting :/
Original post by esmefg
Hi everyone, does anyone know when exeter interview? Sent my application to my referee last week and already feeling nervous about the waiting :/

The vast majority of the interviews are in December.
Just put in my application for exeter, I just hope I get that interview. :biggrin:
Original post by GlaisDragon
I very much doubt that there is anything to worry about, both plymouth and exeter are being monitored for the next few years. They wouldn't be allowed to take in students if there wasn't a confidence in the universities ability to deliver a degree.

years 3 upwards are still students at PCMD, and i'm fairly sure there will be some kind of "emergency plan" in the unlikely event that the medical school does not meet required standards.

Remember that It's not a new medical school, and most of the staff have been teaching successfully for years :smile:

So, in your opinion, even not approved by the GMC, graduates would still be find jobs and have no problem with the accrediation? Thanks xx
Original post by the A* guy
Just put in my application for exeter, I just hope I get that interview. :biggrin:

Oooooo GL! So what did you end up putting down for your 5th choice? :smile:
Original post by Stanimirr
So, in your opinion, even not approved by the GMC, graduates would still be find jobs and have no problem with the accrediation? Thanks xx

Exeter will be accredited by the time their first cohort of students graduate. There is honestly nothing to worry about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehhhh
Oooooo GL! So what did you end up putting down for your 5th choice? :smile:

UCL biomed, I called and asked, they've got many more places for Biomed than neuroscience. Plus I was told that it prepares you more for a grad med programme, so I felt it was appropriate to go for biomed. Also the cherry on top was that they said its unlikely they will ask for a separate PS.

What's your 5th choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stanimirr

It's highly unlikely that there will be any accreditation issues, and if there are, there will be a contingency so that we're not left high and dry.

I seem to remember something about other medical schools finishing our education if there are major problems :smile:
Original post by Curlsss
Exeter will be accredited by the time their first cohort of students graduate. There is honestly nothing to worry about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by GlaisDragon
It's highly unlikely that there will be any accreditation issues, and if there are, there will be a contingency so that we're not left high and dry.

I seem to remember something about other medical schools finishing our education if there are major problems :smile:

Thank you! I guess I will be applying there :smile:
Original post by the A* guy
UCL biomed, I called and asked, they've got many more places for Biomed than neuroscience. Plus I was told that it prepares you more for a grad med programme, so I felt it was appropriate to go for biomed. Also the cherry on top was that they said its unlikely they will ask for a separate PS.

What's your 5th choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds good, good luck with that :smile: I've 100% decided on chemistry but still undecided on the uni - fortunately, the lead admissions tutor at warwick told me that, as I exceed the offer requirements, I should expect an unconditional offer without having to send another PS!
Original post by Mehhhh
That sounds good, good luck with that :smile: I've 100% decided on chemistry but still undecided on the uni - fortunately, the lead admissions tutor at warwick told me that, as I exceed the offer requirements, I should expect an unconditional offer without having to send another PS!

That's great! I got an unconditional offer to do biological sciences at Warwick yesterday as my back up.
Would you go on to do postgrad medicine or do something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Curlsss
That's great! I got an unconditional offer to do biological sciences at Warwick yesterday as my back up.
Would you go on to do postgrad medicine or do something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would definitely attempt grad entry med (if I don't completely lose my motivation to study med in the next 3 years :s-smilie:)

Congratulations on the offer!
I should probably know this, but does Exeter do MMIs or traditional interviews? I can't find out anywhere!
I applied to Exeter last week and I really love it, I think it's my favourite that I've applied to :smile:
Original post by tingirl
I should probably know this, but does Exeter do MMIs or traditional interviews? I can't find out anywhere!
I applied to Exeter last week and I really love it, I think it's my favourite that I've applied to :smile:

Exeter does panel interviews :smile:
Just applied to exeter, good luck everyone! I hope the UKCAT cut off is low this year :frown:
Reply 195
Original post by Alexandra123
Just applied to exeter, good luck everyone! I hope the UKCAT cut off is low this year :frown:

Just out of interest, what's your UKCAT score? :smile: I'm applying with quite a low one (667.5) so I'm hoping for a really low cut off xD
Original post by cwi111
Just out of interest, what's your UKCAT score? :smile: I'm applying with quite a low one (667.5) so I'm hoping for a really low cut off xD

I got 660, lets all hope everyone else applying to Exeter did averagely too! I just really love it there so thought it was worth a shot. I already have my A levels and 12 A* GCSE's, and loads of experience, just hope that doesn't all go out the window because of a silly 2 hour exam :frown:
Hi,

I'm a gap year applicant and I have decided to resit a few of my GCSE exams in the gap year to get rid of the B's. I emailed Exeter asking for their policy on GCSE resits and they haven't replied yet. Just to make it clear, I already meet all of their entry requirements. Do you think I will be okay to resit a few GCSE exams applying to Exeter?

Original post by ScienceGUYY
Hi,

I'm a gap year applicant and I have decided to resit a few of my GCSE exams in the gap year to get rid of the B's. I emailed Exeter asking for their policy on GCSE resits and they haven't replied yet. Just to make it clear, I already meet all of their entry requirements. Do you think I will be okay to resit a few GCSE exams applying to Exeter?

I thought Exeter only wanted Bs in English and maths? As long as you have that already, you'll be fine.
Original post by theblackmemba
now that the averages are out, should I assume 672.5 would probably meet the cut off? (2690) its almost at the 8th decile... (2710)

thanks guys

I'd go for it mayn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending