The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Any of you guys happen to play instruments/guitar and know any good shops in London with good deals? Been trying to find a store to pick up a good amp from for around 100 quid

'Rock around the clock' in Edgware and in Crouch End and 'Ebony and Ivory' in Colindale.

This is me assuming you also live in London.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
'Rock around the clock' in Edgware and in Crouch End and 'Ebony and Ivory' in Colindale.

This is me assuming you also live in London.

Yeah but that's wayyyy up north for me I think. Basically you see the northern line yeah edgeware is on one end and I'm in the complete other (southern boy :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Yeah but that's wayyyy up north for me I think. Basically you see the northern line yeah edgeware is on one end and I'm in the complete other (southern boy :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh like Modern and tooting bec and what not, lmao never been round those ends, complete alien to me! You could always do a quick google search init.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=tablet-android-hp&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&q=music+shops+south+london

You play instruments?
Oh like Modern and tooting bec and what not, lmao never been round those ends, complete alien to me! You could always do a quick google search init.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=tablet-android-hp&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&q=music+shops+south+london

You play instruments?

Yeah very near tooting bec. Edgeware and that area is completely alien to me too haha. Found one actually 10mins away from me so that's sorted.

I use to play the guitar years ago but I stopped for some reason. Been wanting to learn/pick it up again but I've only got an electric so need an amp :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thought of some Bengali (?) kid playing the guitar is amusing.

I killed Econometrics and I have no idea what you guys are talking about, how bad is that, I've already forgotten most of that stuff.
Original post by Deshi

I killed Econometrics and I have no idea what you guys are talking about, how bad is that, I've already forgotten most of that stuff.

Your words cut deep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Yeah very near tooting bec. Edgeware and that area is completely alien to me too haha. Found one actually 10mins away from me so that's sorted.

I use to play the guitar years ago but I stopped for some reason. Been wanting to learn/pick it up again but I've only got an electric so need an amp :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's cool, glad it's sorted! I've heard myths that South London is bare rough and everything, obviously there's nice areas but is it true? :tongue: oh I see, I'm scared of guitar strings you know, I always feel like it's going to give me something similar to a paper cut :lol:

Original post by Deshi

:rofl: Deshi why.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone wanna recommend a good comedy film to a brudda? Feel like a cheap laugh tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that's cool, glad it's sorted! I've heard myths that South London is bare rough and everything, obviously there's nice areas but is it true? :tongue: oh I see, I'm scared of guitar strings you know, I always feel like it's going to give me something similar to a paper cut :lol:

:rofl: Deshi why.

There are one or two areas which use to be quite bad but a lot of it is just media hype tbh. I'm from a pretty decent area and a lot of South west London is quite nice.

The strings are meant to hurt at first apparently, takes a few weeks or so for your fingers to get used to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LosingDogs
Anyone wanna recommend a good comedy film to a brudda? Feel like a cheap laugh tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dumb and dumber

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Dumb and dumber

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen it and if I'm honest, never saw the massive hype! I'm tempted to go and watch Back to the Future again (not comedy I know but nevertheless a timeless classic if you'll pardon the pun).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks good. Also Slikhaar TV is pretty great for this stuff, hairdresser pretty fine too.
(edited 9 years ago)

In Bruges
Original post by Kenan and Kel
In Bruges

Good choice actually :lol:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
In Bruges

Actually saw that quite a few years back, and it creeped me the **** out. That and pain and gain should not be considered comedies.

Colin Farrell though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ended up watching Knocked Up and it's made me see This is 40 in a completely different light, didn't know they were linked :colondollar:

"Marriage is like an unfunny tense version of Everybody Loves Raymond, but it doesn't last 22 minutes"

:laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eboracum
X

I've sussed it out. You go to the University of York don't you? Am I right or am I right? :cool:
I've sussed it out. You go to the University of York don't you? Am I right or am I right? :cool:

Now what makes you think that?
Original post by Eboracum
Now what makes you think that?

Fellow Russell group university student here. I'm currently applying for graduate jobs (like yourself). Reckon it's slightly easier for me as I'm coming off the back of a placement year, so used to Assessment days, online tests etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fellow Russell group university student here. I'm currently applying for graduate jobs (like yourself). Reckon it's slightly easier for me as I'm coming off the back of a placement year, so used to Assessment days, online tests etc.

Good luck with your studies and applications. Have you just started your final year? It's hard to know what to do, I think I'm going to apply for grad schemes and MAs. I just did the E&Y online tests this morning. I'm saving some of the other schemes until I get a bit more practise at the tests, but I'm conscious of closing dates. But equally, I'm dreaming of a Masters at UCL. What will be will be I guess. Hows i going for you?

Latest