The Student Room Group

Oxford MAT 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SherlockHolmes
You can ask the Oxford college you have applied to after the offers have been decided (start of January). My colllege (Mansfield) didn't give me my score and told me to ask the Admissions Testing Service who directed me back to Mansfield. In the end I had to ask Imperial at the end of April.

You should be able to get your score back from Oxford though. My college was just reluctant to for some reason.

im applying to cambridge not oxford😜 and imperial. Will unofficial mark schemes be released ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
in all past papers i have gotten 80+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
im applying to cambridge not oxford and imperial. Will unofficial mark schemes be released ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case, you will be able to get your score by asking Imperial.

Solutions are provided by Oxford but will not be available immediately after the test.
Original post by megiddo_
Figured I could make a thread here since there wasn't one :333

This is for discussion of the Oxford MAT used for admissions to the university, for those taking it in November 2013.

How's everyone feeling about it? I've been going through the past papers but I'm really struggling with the trigonometry questions :frown:( Just can't get my head around them...

Here are some past papers to help you out.

JosephML posted some practice entrance sheets here.

the link for practice exam sheets are not working well for me theyre not
What are the main topics I need to revise for this exam?
Do I need to state on UCAS that I am taking the MAT?
Original post by mathmo1
Do I need to state on UCAS that I am taking the MAT?

Nope, it's expected you'll be taking it if you apply.
Original post by Noble.

Oh okay, I'm taking it for Imperial though not Oxford is it still okay not to mention it on UCAS
Original post by Noble.

what about if im not aplying for oxford but for imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mathmo1
Oh okay, I'm taking it for Imperial though not Oxford is it still okay not to mention it on UCAS

what about if im not aplying for oxford but for imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If Imperial require all maths applicants to sit the MAT, which I'm guessing they must do given the nature of the test, then it'll be expected you're sitting it.
Original post by Noble.
If Imperial require all maths applicants to sit the MAT, which I'm guessing they must do given the nature of the test, then it'll be expected you're sitting it.

Okay thank you!!!
Original post by Noble.

there weird they say mat then say if not step. Im doing both so it doesnt matter lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
there weird they say mat then say if not step. Im doing both so it doesnt matter lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, they seem to contradict themselves:

"All applicants must sit the MAT..."

"If you don't sit the MAT..." :lol:

I'm thinking maybe everyone needs to take it this year and the latter bit is from previous years when they were flexible.
Original post by Noble.
Yes, they seem to contradict themselves:

"All applicants must sit the MAT..."

"If you don't sit the MAT..." :lol:

I'm thinking maybe everyone needs to take it this year and the latter bit is from previous years when they were flexible.

The difference is, is that if an applicant applies after the MAT registration deadline, it would be unfair for Imperial to require the MAT at that point, so they will then consider giving that applicant a STEP offer.
Since mathhelper does not have all the past papers eg. 2005, does anyone know where I can find them?
Original post by iPixelBlue
Since mathhelper does not have all the past papers eg. 2005, does anyone know where I can find them?

Surely the nine papers on the Maths website are more than enough?
Original post by fluteflute
Surely the nine papers on the Maths website are more than enough?

the more the merrier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending