The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
I know it's dangerous but has anyone come off medication before by themselves? I forgot to take mine last night and slept for about 7 hours and it was a really good 7 hours sleep instead of feeling completely zombie like and lethargic. I had energy today that I shouldn't have given how rough the first few weeks of uni have been and I've felt somewhat optimistic about life? Like I don't think the things I need to do to change require medication? They just require me to recode(?) my thought patterns and how I approach things?

I know some people are going to say 'Oh the medication is helping you think like this.' but if it was these 3 weeks wouldn't have been as difficult as they have been?

I've cold-turkeyed on medication quite a few times (usually with the idea that I don't need it). Generally, the first couple of days go great but then the withdrawal symptoms kick in and they can be really nasty (with mirtazapine, I get the more horrendous nausea for instance).

I guess the way you could look at it is would the 3 weeks have been even more difficult without the medication?
I told myself I could only go to bed after I completed a certain bit in a game I was playing but it's been 2 hours now and I've still not managed but I have to before I can sleep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
tonight is going to be a long night
Original post by Odd socks
I told myself I could only go to bed after I completed a certain bit in a game I was playing but it's been 2 hours now and I've still not managed but I have to before I can sleep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which game? Maybe there are guides online that could help you finish it? I do this for a lot of games where you need to collect certain items to get 100%.
Original post by Valvopus
Which game? Maybe there are guides online that could help you finish it? I do this for a lot of games where you need to collect certain items to get 100%.

Ocarina of Time for the 3DS :smile: ive actually just managed it, I was trying to defeat the boss dragon thing in the fire temple. I knew how I was supposed to do it but kept getting fire breathed :frown:

Oh well I can sleep now :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay go Sockle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Yay go Sockle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jive:

Also I love how that has become my name now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ocarina of Time for the 3DS :smile: ive actually just managed it, I was trying to defeat the boss dragon thing in the fire temple. I knew how I was supposed to do it but kept getting fire breathed :frown:

Oh well I can sleep now :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's such an awesome game. I had it on N64 and it took me ages to work out how to set the torches on fire to progress in the Great Deku tree :laugh:
Original post by Sabertooth
That's such an awesome game. I had it on N64 and it took me ages to work out how to set the torches on fire to progress in the Great Deku tree :laugh:

It's great fun, really difficult though! I remember having a shot of it briefly as a kid, possibly if a cousin lent it to me. But I couldn't even get past the spiders in the tree that time :tongue:

The graphics have been updated now it's moved to the 3ds so it looks we some too. I love Zelda games :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've cold-turkeyed on medication quite a few times (usually with the idea that I don't need it). Generally, the first couple of days go great but then the withdrawal symptoms kick in and they can be really nasty (with mirtazapine, I get the more horrendous nausea for instance).

I guess the way you could look at it is would the 3 weeks have been even more difficult without the medication?

Yeah I'm on Mirtazapine myself. I would never go cold turkey? I've done it once and it's truely horrible. I just absolutely detest how zombie like I am on them.
Original post by Deyesy
Yeah I'm on Mirtazapine myself. I would never go cold turkey? I've done it once and it's truely horrible. I just absolutely detest how zombie like I am on them.

If I recall correctly, you've been on the mirtazapine for quite a while? Mirtazapine is odd in that it can be less sedating at higher doses so it might be worth increasing your dose to try and get rid of the zombieness, although if you're already on 45mg you can't really do that. The other option might be to try something different or if you don't think you need it you could always try coming off slowly and seeing how you feel?
It's great fun, really difficult though! I remember having a shot of it briefly as a kid, possibly if a cousin lent it to me. But I couldn't even get past the spiders in the tree that time :tongue:

The graphics have been updated now it's moved to the 3ds so it looks we some too. I love Zelda games :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Zelda games aren't the easiest :tongue:

I really like the look of super smash bros for 3DS but I have no one to play against and, although fun on its own, it really is incredible multiplayer :frown:
Yeah, Zelda games aren't the easiest :tongue:

I really like the look of super smash bros for 3DS but I have no one to play against and, although fun on its own, it really is incredible multiplayer :frown:

I think that's kinda what I like about them, that and theres usually quite a lot of gameplay for your money :yep:

I bought it when it came out(I need better impulse control :ashamed:) but I'm terrible at it! I used to be really good at playing the wii version against my brother but somehow that hasn't transferred over to this version :tongue:

I'm also really looking forward to the new Pokemon games that should hopefully be out soonish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that's kinda what I like about them, that and theres usually quite a lot of gameplay for your money :yep:

I bought it when it came out(I need better impulse control :ashamed:) but I'm terrible at it! I used to be really good at playing the wii version against my brother but somehow that hasn't transferred over to this version :tongue:

I'm also really looking forward to the new Pokemon games that should hopefully be out soonish?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heh, yeah I think I'd also suck at SSB. I haven't played it since the Gamecube version but goddamn it was a good game then. You just need a bit of practice to get back into it I bet. :smile:

I still haven't finished Pokemon Y! :colondollar: Haven't had the motivation to play it much but the new ones look good so I'll have to get a move on. :biggrin:
I read a scary story and I'm too scared to sleep :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heh, yeah I think I'd also suck at SSB. I haven't played it since the Gamecube version but goddamn it was a good game then. You just need a bit of practice to get back into it I bet. :smile:

I still haven't finished Pokemon Y! :colondollar: Haven't had the motivation to play it much but the new ones look good so I'll have to get a move on. :biggrin:

i still have my gamecube at home :moon:

haven't played on that thing in years!
urgh. its too early to feel this bad. I have loads of work but I have a feeling it will yet another agitated, wasted day :cry:
Right! I'm up, I'm going to be productive...I WILL be productive!

Lets gooooooooooooooo :rock:
Not feeling too good physically right now I feel like I am coming down with something but I got to crack on with assignments

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is revolting and excruciating. carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.

Latest