The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

I really cant contain myself. **** this **** everything
Original post by Sabertooth
If I recall correctly, you've been on the mirtazapine for quite a while? Mirtazapine is odd in that it can be less sedating at higher doses so it might be worth increasing your dose to try and get rid of the zombieness, although if you're already on 45mg you can't really do that. The other option might be to try something different or if you don't think you need it you could always try coming off slowly and seeing how you feel?

A year and a half now. I'm on 30mg so it shouldn't be as sedating as it feels as thought it is? I took it last night and slept for 11 hours. It's absolutely ridiculous -.- I have a reading week in 3 weeks time. If I'm to try and slowly come off them; the week off would probably be a good idea, if you're saying you felt nauseous?

Original post by Riku
I'm OK but the culture of elitism on here gets to me bud :/ you?

Could you not request a ban from certain sub-forums on TSR if this is such a problem?
(edited 9 years ago)
Why does everything I try to do good it just fails.
Reply 7843
Original post by Deyesy
A year and a half now. I'm on 30mg so it shouldn't be as sedating as it feels as thought it is? I took it last night and slept for 11 hours. It's absolutely ridiculous -.- I have a reading week in 3 weeks time. If I'm to try and slowly come off them; the week off would probably be a good idea, if you're saying you felt nauseous?

Could you not request a ban from certain sub-forums on TSR if this is such a problem?

having knowledge with-held from me hurts probably more than pain.
Made a nice list of stuff I have to do tomorrow, determined to be productive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
having knowledge with-held from me hurts probably more than pain.

Right. So even banning yourself from TSR wouldn't work? Doesn't sound like this website is good for you at all when I read your posts :/

Original post by guitaristemily
Why does everything I try to do good it just fails.

Perseverance. If you keep trying to do the right things; eventually they will turn good. It's only just starting to click for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7846
Original post by Deyesy
Right. So even banning yourself from TSR wouldn't work? Doesn't sound like this website is good for you at all when I read your posts :/

Perseverance. If you keep trying to do the right things; eventually they will turn good. It's only just starting to click for me.

erm not allowed to discuss that…why do you think it's not good for me?
Original post by Riku
erm not allowed to discuss that…why do you think it's not good for me?

Just from your posts you're very troubled by certain sub-forums and certain threads that are posted on TSR? My A Levels aren't great at all for instance but I'm now on degree which will be accredited by the BPS (British Psychological Society) and it'll get me to where I want to be provided I put the work in? Elitism sucks yes but you need to focus on where you want to go in life and not try not to care about posts by users, (who you'll probably never meet), think.
this is just completely hideous. rjnvjniurbvirevb
Reply 7849
Debating whether I should disclose my conditions to Beanstalk. Plan was to basically say I have Anxiety (they can ask me if they want more) and give them more detail about Dyspraxia. What to do
Reply 7850
Original post by Deyesy
Just from your posts you're very troubled by certain sub-forums and certain threads that are posted on TSR? My A Levels aren't great at all for instance but I'm now on degree which will be accredited by the BPS (British Psychological Society) and it'll get me to where I want to be provided I put the work in? Elitism sucks yes but you need to focus on where you want
to go in life and not try not to care about posts by users, (who you'll probably never meet), think.

It's a mixture of certain things trigger my insecurities or (lapse me into paranoia/OCD) but also simply being addicted to the Internet which won't be cut down even by banning. However I am trying to add some more productive positive alternative activities while on ESA after graduation. Can you help me decide in the post above whether to disclose my conditions to the volunteers? :smile:
Reply 7851
Original post by ScaryScience
this is just completely hideous. rjnvjniurbvirevb

what's up? :hugs:
Original post by Riku
It's a mixture of certain things trigger my insecurities or (lapse me into paranoia/OCD) but also simply being addicted to the Internet which won't be cut down even by banning. However I am trying to add some more productive positive alternative activities while on ESA after graduation. Can you help me decide in the post above whether to disclose my conditions to the volunteers? :smile:

Okay? So this addiction to the internet is something you need to work on/should think about working on? I'm no Psychologist but wouldn't therapy be a good start for this and a good place to work on your insecurities? Do you have Dyspraxia? Anything that involves you not being on the internet/allows you to access the internet would be a good place to start to break the cycle somewhat? It's illegal for them to discriminate against you; so I'd suggest you do?
I'm in one of those moods where I just can't be bothered to maintain anything with anyone or be anything at all. I don't want to go into uni and don't want to have all my meetings and don't want to exist. It's like I have to put on some sort of performance every day and I just want to never see anyone ever again.
Reply 7854
Original post by Deyesy
Okay? So this addiction to the internet is something you need to work on/should think about working on? I'm no Psychologist but wouldn't therapy be a good start for this and a good place to work on your insecurities? Do you have Dyspraxia? Anything that involves you not being on the internet/allows you to access the internet would be a good place to start to break the cycle somewhat? It's illegal for them to discriminate against you; so I'd suggest you do?

I'm in therapy as I mention elsewhere…however I have suspected undiagnosed OCD. Maybe things will pick up once we begin a treatment centred around that, I am awaiting assessment :smile:

Yes I have quite acute Dyspraxia and fortunately a lot of help from the DST and local advocacy service for it :smile: my confusion is how much I should disclose (e.g. if I give them the leaflet from Dyspraxia Foundation they may think I'm an idiot…)

That (being illegal to discriminate) hasn't stopped my last employer from refusing to give me more than 4 hours despite requests and giving everyone else more hours…:/
(edited 9 years ago)
Anon 29 is me
I don't think i'm depressed I just don't feel anything.
Reply 7857
I'm finding it very hard to get therapy. I'm scared that when I do seek help, the therapists won't understand or they'll be nasty... Idk. Am I the only one ?? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zanaa
I'm finding it very hard to get therapy. I'm scared that when I do seek help, the therapists won't understand or they'll be nasty... Idk. Am I the only one ?? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Therapists are nice people :smile: They want to understand, It's why they are therapists.
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Always up and down but no one notices so it's my personality I guess. I spent all my loan the other week but i'm not doing anything about it because if I try to do something then it won't work but if I leave it alone then i'll get the money which is why i'm spending the last £20 on lottery tickets.

well people are avoiding me

Latest