The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

I have all 9 symptoms, so apparently have severe depression. How many do you have? Is this normal?

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/depression-leaflet
Original post by PandaWho
Your not dangerous at all! I promise you that.
The probability it will infect someone you know is so low, so i dont think that will happen.

Could you try talk to your psych tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I may try and call him but I know he's just going to talk about meds and then remind me that if things don't calm down I will end up in hospital. I'm seeing him on Wednesday though anyway.

Original post by .snowflake.

-hugging- I'm sorry if I've pulled you up with me, and then you've hit the scary, paranoid, voicey hearing level of up.

:hugs: No you haven't, don't worry, I was feeling like this before, plus I feel really down anyway :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well I'm only qualified to talk about the Christian God, being Catholic and all that jazz! :jebus:

A few things to consider about the Christian God and any interactions with Him:

1. We are told somewhere (I forget where) in the Bible that the devil (Satan) can disguise himself as "an angel of light". What this means in effect is that someone who purports to be a good religious figure, isn't necessarily/automatically so. So you can't trust them at face value.

2. What this then means is that we must test any spirits that speak to/interact with us, regardless of whether we believe them to be good or bad.

3. So how does one test the spirits? You look at what they say and compare it to what your church doctrine teaches; even more importantly, to similar stuff in the Bible. If you can't find God saying something in the Bible that He has said to you, or something at least similar, then it's almost certainly not from God. Another option is to discuss what is being said with a pastor/minister/priest/vicar/religious leader, since they will have a better grasp on Scripture than you do atm.

4. Final thought: I cannot emphasise enough God's compassion for the mentally ill. He is not an angry God and does not get angry with mentally ill people :nah:

I really think you are very ill and need to be taking your tablets. I don't say this because I'm against you but because I'm your pal and I'm concerned for your wellbeing :frown:
Some food for thought.

Thank you TLG :hugs: I may go and speak to a minister and ask them if they can help me. Thank you for your concern and your kindness and your wealth of knowledge, it is much appreciated. :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks
I'm sorry if I upset you, I didn't mean to :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you haven't upset me, the people who ive been friends with for years and done everything for, upset me, cause they couldn't give a ****. like, at all.
:hugs: To everyone having a tough night thus far!

You're all wonderful human beings that provide a positive spark in peoples lives, I know you have for mine. You are loved by someone, you are very much deserving to be happy and gosh darn it I believe in each and every single one of you. I wish you ALL the happiness and love in the world, the kind of happiness and love that makes you feel safe and warm and this is the type that you deserve. As easier said than done, don't let the naysayers get to you! They try to drag you down for the reason that they're jealous of the fact you're above them. Much love to ALL of you, take care and stay safe because there will always be someone (or more) out there who adores you :smile:

#TeamIBelieve

:lovehug:
xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7924
Original post by ScaryScience
TW

Spoiler

Riku, to be sectioned you legit have to be off your rocker, out of touch with reality and completely oblivious you might be ill. You'll be sectioned if they think you'll hurt yourself/ go on a homocidal rampage.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Riku, i have pretty impressive paranoia, possible close to psychosis, but i wasnt classed as in a psychotic episode, so i doubt youl have psychosis.
You dont need to be worried at all. And you wont get sectioned, they arnt there to do that, sectioning is a last resort decision, not a first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7926
Original post by PandaWho
Riku, i have pretty impressive paranoia, possible close to psychosis, but i wasnt classed as in a psychotic episode, so i doubt youl have psychosis.
You dont need to be worried at all. And you wont get sectioned, they arnt there to do that, sectioning is a last resort decision, not a first

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK I really don't want to nor get classed as psychotic but what will they do instead? I don't want them to just say 'you're fine now **** off', they have psychs who can figure out what I really have cos CAMHS were a bit lazy and I didn't know enough then

Panda I've posted some of my thoughts upstairs if it'll help :smile:
Original post by IDukem

You're all wonderful human beings that provide a positive spark in peoples lives, I know you have for mine. You are loved by someone, you are very much deserving to be happy and gosh darn it I believe in each and every single one of you. I wish you ALL the happiness and love in the world, the kind of happiness and love that makes you feel safe and warm and this is the type that you deserve. As easier said than done, don't let the naysayers get to you! They try to drag you down for the reason that they're jealous of the fact you're above them. Much love to ALL of you, take care and stay safe because there will always be someone (or more) out there who adores you :smile:

#TeamIBelieve

xx

That's so sweet :smile:

I'm starting to realise looking back on my posts that I look like a total idiot and I need to sort out my finances and my stupid head.
^ me
Original post by Riku
I'm just being very very honest about every little thought I have had over the past 4 years and childhood and some of them suggest I am not always in touch with reality, but I don't want to go to hospital what would my family and friends think?!

It's a mix of phobias, OCD, paranoia and delusions on the extreme end of the scale, and my counsellor at uni suggested me to this team just to be on the safe side before I was discharged from her and graduated.

I'm really scared if I'm honest aren't they going to section me :frown: but it seems like t's the only way to finally get a better more specific diagnosis than 'anxiety/depression'

Scary and Panda have summed it up quite well. Like, I've NEVER been in hospital, and that's despite being (for lack of a better turn of phrase) pretty damn crazy at points.

Spoiler

Original post by Cinnie
I said i'm so good but I don't actually know. It's like i'm not actually real so it doesn't matter.

:frown:

:jumphug:

Original post by bullettheory

Thank you TLG :hugs: I may go and speak to a minister and ask them if they can help me. Thank you for your concern and your kindness and your wealth of knowledge, it is much appreciated. :hugs:

No worries hun, just wanna look out for you. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me but best be warned that I'm in Oxford tomorrow (God help me!) and won't be checking TSR at all tomorrow, so answers won't come til Tuesday afternoon post-therapy :colondollar:

Also, I didn't say this earlier for fear that people will jump on me for saying it BUT

Spoiler

Original post by IDukem

#TeamIBelieve

xx

SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS HASH TAG

#YesThatWasDeliberatelyInCapsLock
I'm really sorry for posting such weird crap.... I haven't slept in a few days and my fantasy world is getting a bit ridiculous at times.
Original post by Cinnie
I'm really sorry for posting such weird crap.... I haven't slept in a few days and my fantasy world is getting a bit ridiculous at times.

Cinnie, you sound like you're up in the clouds like I am.

Original post by Riku

Spoiler

No idea munchkin. Bullettheory is 1000000000000% convinced I'm in a 'hypomanic episode'
I just feel like i'm made of roses and glitter, so i really don't get why everyones on my arse.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Spoiler

Does anyone ever see things out of the corner of their eye or something but then there isn't anything there? This keeps happening to me. I keep thinking there's spiders running across the floor or bugs on the floor or in the air but there isn't.
Reply 7934
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Scary and Panda have summed it up quite well. Like, I've NEVER been in hospital, and that's despite being (for lack of a better turn of phrase) pretty damn crazy at points.

Spoiler

:frown:

:jumphug:

No worries hun, just wanna look out for you. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me but best be warned that I'm in Oxford tomorrow (God help me!) and won't be checking TSR at all tomorrow, so answers won't come til Tuesday afternoon post-therapy :colondollar:

Also, I didn't say this earlier for fear that people will jump on me for saying it BUT

Spoiler

SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS HASH TAG

#YesThatWasDeliberatelyInCapsLock

Spoiler

X
:cry:
**** sake can't ******* do this any more i'm a worthless piece of crap and i hate myself and i want to scream and run and cry
Cinnie, you sound like you're up in the clouds like I am.

Definitely not manic or anything, feeling lots of intense emotions in fairly brief bursts... like really intense happiness, sadness, totally out of it etc.. but it's more the line between reality and other idea's i've got going in loops in my head..

definitely not an issue with mood.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7937
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

OK that's relieving :redface: I've printed the list of of 'unusual thoughts' and see what they say :smile:

:hugs:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
:cry:
**** sake can't ******* do this any more i'm a worthless piece of crap and i hate myself and i want to scream and run and cry

Run to me and i'll give you a big hug :hugs: .. You are not a piece of crap xxx
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone ever see things out of the corner of their eye or something but then there isn't anything there? This keeps happening to me. I keep thinking there's spiders running across the floor or bugs on the floor or in the air but there isn't.

Yeah I sometimes see drips coming from doorways out the corner of my eyes. Never worked out what that is. There's certainly no drips there when I look.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest