The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riku
OK I really don't want to nor get classed as psychotic but what will they do instead? I don't want them to just say 'you're fine now **** off', they have psychs who can figure out what I really have cos CAMHS were a bit lazy and I didn't know enough then

Panda I've posted some of my thoughts upstairs if it'll help :smile:

i know you dont want a diagnosis of that, but were trying to let you know that its unlikely you will get that diagnosis, so please dont go in thinking you will.
it depends on if you get any diagnosis from them, when i had a MH assessment with EIT i got a diagnosis of paranoia (on top of my depression diagnosis) but i wasnt sent to a psych, a psych suggested medication for me by reading what the nurse wrote during the assessment. unless you have a serious diagnosis, its unlikely you will get to see a psych because there just isnt the funding available in mental health.
Original post by Cinnie
^ me

You're not an idiot, far from it! I may not be helpful with the financial stuff, but I want to let you know that you're cared for by us and that I wish you the best of luck sweetheart :hugs:

You have a lot going for you I'm sure and you will never be alone as long as we're here! We believe in you :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS HASH TAG

#YesThatWasDeliberatelyInCapsLock

I used it before and I figured it needed to comeback :smile:

Duke loves you all :lovehug:

#TeamIBelieve
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

X

you must remember none of us can give you any kind of decent answer at all. I know youre a bit anxious etc but its no good asking us for advice! we're here for tea and cuddles, but we are not trained professionals. anything we say might worry you even further, please just wait to see someone qualified. we cannot give you the answers.
Original post by Cinnie
Run to me and i'll give you a big hug :hugs: .. You are not a piece of crap xxx

i am im disgusting and ugly and fat and i hate it and i don't see why everybody else can't see it
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone ever see things out of the corner of their eye or something but then there isn't anything there? This keeps happening to me. I keep thinking there's spiders running across the floor or bugs on the floor or in the air but there isn't.

That's been happening to me a lot recently actually. Not sure if it's MH related or I'm just tired.

-------------------

Finished my first ever uni essay, super proud! Having a few rest days before I start then next one.
Been having an alright time recently as I'm back at uni and actually have friends again. But I think the pressure will come back soon. It's not like my job where I hated it at least, I enjoy it its just stressful doing final year. Any other final year peeps here?

P.S wolfie if you see this sorry for not replying to your quote, something came up and I can't re-find the post on my phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Team_McDreamy
i am im disgusting and ugly and fat and i hate it and i don't see why everybody else can't see it

Do you intentionally hurt people for your own pleasure? Is your BMI classed as morbidly obese? If you're answering no.. then you are none of those things and you just deserve self love and :hugs:
^ Me
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

X

I dunno what they'd say. They might say some kinda brief reactive psychosis - I really dunno. But I'm saying I doubt they can section you for thinking stuff :nah:

Does anyone ever see things out of the corner of their eye or something but then there isn't anything there? This keeps happening to me. I keep thinking there's spiders running across the floor or bugs on the floor or in the air but there isn't.

Welcome to my world :sadnod:

:hugs:

:cry:
**** sake can't ******* do this any more i'm a worthless piece of crap and i hate myself and i want to scream and run and cry

On Facebook til about half ten if you need a chat :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous #2

Finished my first ever uni essay, super proud! Having a few rest days before I start then next one.

Super proud of you! Well done :h: :hugs:

------------------------------------

Off the catch the zzzz's :moon:

Take care :smile:

Night :hugs:
x
Do you intentionally hurt people for your own pleasure? Is your BMI classed as morbidly obese? If you're answering no.. then you are none of those things and you just deserve self love and :hugs:

i may not hurt people but i don't do them any good, theres no point in them being my friends, there are much nicer, better people out there. and my body is awful and i hate it and i just hate me :frown:

On Facebook til about half ten if you need a chat :hugs:

thanks hun, i'll think about it :/
Nighty night Dukey, sweet dreams :h:

Well done Anon #2! :king1:
i may not hurt people but i don't do them any good, theres no point in them being my friends, there are much nicer, better people out there. and my body is awful and i hate it and i just hate me :frown:

thanks hun, i'll think about it :/

You do them a lot more good than you probably realise. People mean all sorts to other people and you may not realise how much you mean to those around you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy
A year and a half now. I'm on 30mg so it shouldn't be as sedating as it feels as thought it is? I took it last night and slept for 11 hours. It's absolutely ridiculous -.- I have a reading week in 3 weeks time. If I'm to try and slowly come off them; the week off would probably be a good idea, if you're saying you felt nauseous?

Coming off during reading week is a good idea (make sure you talk to your doctor first though!). And yeah I got really bad nausea, so much so that I always restart the mirtazapine. You could try an anti-nausea OTC drug like promethazine or even see your doctor for one if it makes things more tolerable.
I haven't posted on here for a while! I've been feeling pretty good lately, which is always nice.
Why are nights so ****ing hard to deal with?! :frown: I really don't like uni at all :frown:
Reply 7956
OK I've printed off my stuff for the EIT and I'll see what they say. Not sure if they can refer me to some other team who look at OCD etc. but let's see how it goes :smile:
Original post by IDukem
Super proud of you! Well done :h: :hugs:

------------------------------------

Off the catch the zzzz's :moon:

Take care :smile:

Night :hugs:
x

Well done Anon #2! :king1:

Thank you both! :colondollar:

Night Duke!
Original post by SweetNothing
I haven't posted on here for a while! I've been feeling pretty good lately, which is always nice.
That's good to hear :smile:

Original post by lauraaaaa
Why are nights so ****ing hard to deal with?! :frown: I really don't like uni at all :frown:
Awww, what's wrong? :hugs:

Original post by Riku
OK I've printed off my stuff for the EIT and I'll see what they say. Not sure if they can refer me to some other team who look at OCD etc. but let's see how it goes :smile:
Good luck man!!! :h:
Had a really good day. Went to trampolining club and a couple of people recognised me. Bit of a wobble at first but after that I was talking to people and messing about while being really useful to the coaches. I got a little carried away on one of the really great trampolines and have hurt my back pretty badly. It was okay after I hurt it but I've been sat down for and few hour and when I stood up i felt it. Hoping sleeping in a decent position will help if not the walk to lectures tomorrow is going to be horrible. Going to make a GP appointment on weds/thurs and see what they say about increasing meds. I was definitely better than this a few months ago so increase might help and it's better than starting a new drug from scratch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest