The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Davothebigafro
Hi, i've decided to do all the maths modules (M1-5, S1-4 D1-2 and all the core/further pures) and wondering who else is doing some of these modules and how you're going about learning them?

im doing everything except d1-2 and s4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
im doing everything except d1-2 and s4

Got textbooks for M3/4/5?
Got textbooks for M3/4/5?

Yh got textbook for m3 and m4 from school. Need to get m5 one. Got the books for fp3 and the rest from school too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh got textbook for m3 and m4 from school. Need to get m5 one. Got the books for fp3 and the rest from school too.

got an action plan for the year on how you'll study for them? have you done C3/4 yet?
got an action plan for the year on how you'll study for them? have you done C3/4 yet?

Yh finished c3/4. My action plan is be exam ready for c3/4 fp2/3 and have learnt m3 s2 thoroughly by then. Currently doing fp2 and 3 about to start s2 in a few weeks(won't be paying attention to that module lol)so then I'll have plenty of time to do m4 m5 and s3 as well as exam practice. I'm currently exam ready for c3 c4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got good teachers if I get stuck too so that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh finished c3/4. My action plan is be exam ready for c3/4 fp2/3 and have learnt m3 s2 thoroughly by then. Currently doing fp2 and 3 about to start s2 in a few weeks(won't be paying attention to that module lol)so then I'll have plenty of time to do m4 m5 and s3 as well as exam practice. I'm currently exam ready for c3 c4.

you're in year 13 right? which exams have you done so far?
you're in year 13 right? which exams have you done so far?

yh ive done c1 c2 s1 fp1 m1 m2

Posted from TSR Mobile
we finished c3 c4 rapidly in school like abit before holidays abd we just finished c4 recently

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh ive done c1 c2 s1 fp1 m1 m2

ahh, i did C1/2/3 S1/2 FP1 D1... how were M1/2?
ahh, i did C1/2/3 S1/2 FP1 D1... how were M1/2?

for me no boasting they were easy for others they were deadly. you will find out if your a mechanics guy later on. if ur are you will be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing them all I did C1 C2 S1 FP1 M1 M2 last year and this year in A2 Maths I'm doing C3 C4 D1 and in A2 Further Maths I'm doing FP2 FP3 M3 and for AS+A2 Additional Further Maths I'm self teaching D2 S2 S3 S4 M4 M5.I'm currently learning C3,FP2,S2 and D2 I pretty much know most of C3 and C4 anyway.
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm doing them all I did C1 C2 S1 FP1 M1 M2 last year and this year in A2 Maths I'm doing C3 C4 D1 and in A2 Further Maths I'm doing FP2 FP3 M3 and for AS+A2 Additional Further Maths I'm self teaching D2 S2 S3 S4 M4 M5.I'm currently learning C3,FP2,S2 and D2 I pretty much know most of C3 and C4 anyway.

I recommend that you make sure that you're really safe with C4 integration before doing the bits of FP2 that use it (first order differential equations and polar coordinates).
Original post by tiny hobbit
I recommend that you make sure that you're really safe with C4 integration before doing the bits of FP2 that use it (first order differential equations and polar coordinates).

yh i agree. c4 needs to be solid for fp2. and fp3 for that matter. i think fp2 is the hardest compared to all further pure and mechanics modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
EDEXCEL A LEVEL UNITS.pdf
yh i agree. c4 needs to be solid for fp2. and fp3 for that matter. i think fp2 is the hardest compared to all further pure and mechanics modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by tiny hobbit

I will be fine because I'm the only one in my class who knows how to do most of the C3 and C4 integration.Most of the class will be learning FP2 differential equations before even C3 differentiation never mind C4 integration.FP2 is taught at the same time as C3 in my college which means that C4 hasn't even been taught yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
I will be fine because I'm the only one in my class who knows how to do most of the C3 and C4 integration.Most of the class will be learning FP2 differential equations before even C3 differentiation never mind C4 integration.FP2 is taught at the same time as C3 in my college which means that C4 hasn't even been taught yet.

well thats weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
well thats weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its because the Further Maths A2 units are FP2,FP3 and M3 so no matter which one you taught at the same time as C3 you would have quite big problems with missing C3 and C4 content.At the moment there hasn't been major issues but we are just coming onto differential equations so there will likely be issues there and my teacher says they have this problem every year.

Latest