The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riku
Haven't gone to bed I have the compulsion to make lists of 'what makes a real man' and maybe a thread about have men become pathetic these days (lots of women seem to think so…)

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
Haven't gone to bed I have the compulsion to make lists of 'what makes a real man' and maybe a thread about have men become pathetic these days (lots of women seem to think so…)

a "real man" would surely be any person who identifies as a male no? also "men have become pathetic" is pretty insulting to any male who doesn't fit whatever arbitrary standards you have decided determine a "real man". I also doubt most women think that way, if they did they would find it rather difficult to find a relationship with a man of any sort.
Reply 7983

Spoiler

Original post by Riku

theres no such thing as a real man. if I decided right now that I wanted to be a man then I would consider that to be just as real as any other man. its what you identify as, not your masculinity or any other silly criteria like that. cant believe you think lots of women think men are pathetic as well, I think you're living in a bit of a dream world, I must admit. If you've come to this conclusion from TSR, then that's all the more evidence to take everything on here with a massive pinch of salt. you're wasting your time and energy on things that aren't worth worrying about.
Reply 7986

Spoiler

Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Spoiler

---

I told myself I would have been in bed an hour ago but I started watching this absolutely terrible horror film about mutant sheep that go mad and bite people, turning them into sheep. It's so bad I can't stop watching :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7988
Original post by ScaryScience
theres no such thing as a real man. if I decided right now that I wanted to be a man then I would consider that to be just as real as any other man. its what you identify as, not your masculinity or any other silly criteria like that. cant believe you think lots of women think men are pathetic as well, I think you're living in a bit of a dream world, I must admit. If you've come to this conclusion from TSR, then that's all the more evidence to take everything on here with a massive pinch of salt. you're wasting your time and energy on things that aren't worth worrying about.

no this has been brooding me for at least 3 years now, not just a TSR phenomenon

Spoiler

Original post by Riku

I'm with ScaryScience on this, man or woman, black or white, you are what you are. We don't need labels and "criteria" put to us, more often than not labels make things worse, because people start putting these labels on ALL of us, not the ones it actually applies to.

Not to mention i think you'd get a lot of flak for posting a thread like that.

Just because society says we have to be all stiff upper lip, outgoing, carefree, and easily brainwashed, it doesn't mean we all have to be like that. Even if, as you say, lots of girls seem to think men are pathetic, they just need to stop jumping on hatred bandwagons and start thinking for themselves, and also realise that just because 10 guys are ********s, not EVERY guy is an ********.

EDIT: Hope this didn't come across as nasty, just being honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm sure you did better than you think :hugs:

Insomnia. Damn voices don't like me sleeping :sad:

I seem to be much better over a screen than in person :') BUT there's recap/practice sessions on a Wednesday so I'll drag myself down to them ^^ Not going to give up just because of one rotten evening.

I hope they're letting you sleep :redface:

Original post by Riku

Spoiler

TW

Spoiler

Also making the thread would be a bad idea. You'll just get the trolls trolling you again.

Original post by Sabertooth
Coming off during reading week is a good idea (make sure you talk to your doctor first though!). And yeah I got really bad nausea, so much so that I always restart the mirtazapine. You could try an anti-nausea OTC drug like promethazine or even see your doctor for one if it makes things more tolerable.

Talking to my doctor would mean travelling back to Liverpool; which would mean staying on them till at least Christmas -.-
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7994
Original post by Deyesy
I seem to be much better over a screen than in person :') BUT there's recap/practice sessions on a Wednesday so I'll drag myself down to them ^^ Not going to give up just because of one rotten evening.

I hope they're letting you sleep :redface:

TW

Spoiler

Also making the thread would be a bad idea. You'll just get the trolls trolling you again.

Talking to my doctor would mean travelling back to Liverpool; which would mean staying on them till at least Christmas -.-

Spoiler

here's hoping.

You do realise that most of TSR thinks I am a troll...
Original post by Deyesy

TW

Spoiler

-

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right yeah, in terms of the law its a lot more difficult, so many hoops to jump through.

In my opinion you should be able to be known as the gender you are, whether you plan on having surgery or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
I'm with ScaryScience on this, man or woman, black or white, you are what you are. We don't need labels and "criteria" put to us, more often than not labels make things worse, because people start putting these labels on ALL of us, not the ones it actually applies to.

Not to mention i think you'd get a lot of flak for posting a thread like that.

Just because society says we have to be all stiff upper lip, outgoing, carefree, and easily brainwashed, it doesn't mean we all have to be like that. Even if, as you say, lots of girls seem to think men are pathetic, they just need to stop jumping on hatred bandwagons and start thinking for themselves, and also realise that just because 10 guys are ********s, not EVERY guy is an ********.

EDIT: Hope this didn't come across as nasty, just being honest.
Well said :congrats:
Reply 7998
Guys I'm sorry for opening up another gender debate :redface:

just been triggered by something on another thread I think it's time to go to bed
Original post by Odd socks
Ah right yeah, in terms of the law its a lot more difficult, so many hoops to jump through.

In my opinion you should be able to be known as the gender you are, whether you plan on having surgery or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with the fact that you should be who you chose to be, and yeah its silly the laws like that, but thats how it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest