The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3640
Kolo will prove all the haters wrong
Abdomen injury for Lovren apparently. Not the most common.
Reply 3642
"member those good old days when beating Dortmund in pre season meant you were going to challenge for the title.
Original post by trrr
"member those good old days when beating Dortmund in pre season meant you were going to challenge for the title.

I didn't realise they handed out titles for beating Dortmund in pre-season.
Original post by Zerforax
I didn't realise they handed out title challenges for beating Dortmund in pre-season.

Fixed.

United have the same problem though.
13 days until we play Real Madrid at Anfield! :biggrin:
Sterling and Henderson come through the first game unscathed thankfully.
Least each of Lallana, Sterling and Henderson all only played 45 mins.
Lol.
Hmm
Original post by El Stevo
Hmm

Well that's a username I haven;t seen in many years
Markovic is injured. Not that it'll affect you guys right now since he's in bad form and doesnt get into your side anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Markovic is injured. Not that it'll affect you guys right now since he's in bad form and doesnt get into your side anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Annoying but at least it isn't another defender or an on form player like lallana.

Just need Can/Allen back in to be honest; would give us much for options formation and midfield set up wise.
Sterling rested for England - obviously a decision Hodgson's made to placate Rodgers, I assume.
Original post by Mackay
Sterling rested for England - obviously a decision Hodgson's made to placate Rodgers, I assume.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29591578

Hodgson said Sterling, 19, complained about fatigue on the eve of the game.

"He said, 'I'm feeling tired, I'd rather sit this one out'," Hodgson told BBC Radio 5 live after the 1-0 win.

This is not going to help the relationship between Rodgers and Hodgson imo..
Original post by Zerforax
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29591578

This is not going to help the relationship between Rodgers and Hodgson imo..

Hm. I'm curious as to whether Raheem would have said that. Surely a 19-year-old would be ready to play every game? Doubtful a player of any age would ask to sit out a qualifier either. Not bad for us, though. Glad Henderson, Sterling and Lallana came through the weekend unscathed.
Original post by Mackay
Hm. I'm curious as to whether Raheem would have said that. Surely a 19-year-old would be ready to play every game? Doubtful a player of any age would ask to sit out a qualifier either. Not bad for us, though. Glad Henderson, Sterling and Lallana came through the weekend unscathed.

I doubt he did; more like he was asked to by rodgers.
It's not good having tension between our club and our country, especially when we have several regular international squad players.
Original post by Mackay

Maybe Rodgers told Raheem to say that? Tbf on him he has looked knackered for Liverpool, he has started every single game bar Villa and played an extra 30 against Boro and hasn't been rested since. Rodgers didn't want to rest him for Liverpool games as we have no one else to come on for him that can provide the threat going forward so he probably wanted to use the international break as an opportunity for that. I won't be suprised if Hodgson decides to play Lallana, Hendo, Sturridge and Sterling for 90 minutes for the next international games as pay back though :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Please say there isn't another intl game?

They've had two this break, that should be enough?

Raheem is a good man. Lallana looked silky against SM, I didn't watch last night.
Original post by Mackay

He might admit he's not feeling 100%
However very ****ty of Hodgson to make that public as far as I'm concerned.

Original post by Lúcio
I doubt he did; more like he was asked to by rodgers.
It's not good having tension between our club and our country, especially when we have several regular international squad players.

Yea I'm sure Rodgers said something like "hey, you want to make sure you're fully fit and ready to face Real Madrid at Anfield - it's gonna be a hell of a game"

:biggrin:

Original post by NewSlaves
Please say there isn't another intl game?

They've had two this break, that should be enough?

Raheem is a good man. Lallana looked silky against SM, I didn't watch last night.

Nah think that's done. Everyone has a week off before the premier league fixtures next weekend. We play Sunday and then Wednesday. Can't wait!!

Quick Reply

Latest