The Student Room Group

a level external candidate exams in west midlands area.

I've been looking for somewhere to take exams as an external candidate for a few days now and can't find any suitable schools who aren't asking stupid money.

Does anyone know any schools or colleges that handle external candidates for a levels in Birmingham or it's surrounding areas.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

The exam boards usually have lists of all their exam centres on their website, that's probably the best way to find somewhere.
nope.

GO london.

bablake coventry?
Reply 5
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Those fees are ridiculous.

a lot of centres charge a lot because you're an external candidate
don't know any others
Original post by sdotd
a lot of centres charge a lot because you're an external candidate
don't know any others

It's probably because it's a private tuition place. I sat my exams at a school and paid a fraction of that.
It's probably because it's a private tuition place. I sat my exams at a school and paid a fraction of that.

Did you do it as an external candidate, did you previously attend there, may I ask how much it was?
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Did you do it as an external candidate, did you previously attend there, may I ask how much it was?

Yeah, I did six A-level Maths exams as an external candidate. I can't remember exactly how much it cost but it was less than £200.
Yeah, I did six A-level Maths exams as an external candidate. I can't remember exactly how much it cost but it was less than £200.

But did you do it as a gap year thing, and also was in the West Midlands/London. ty
Reply 10
their tonnes in Birmingham there's one In Walsall its called Alum well school it was really cheap , like each a-level paper was 14.00 .
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
But did you do it as a gap year thing, and also was in the West Midlands/London. ty

Not a gap year, but I wasn't in education at the time. The school was in Staffordshire.
Original post by muna88
their tonnes in Birmingham there's one In Walsall its called Alum well school it was really cheap , like each a-level paper was 14.00 .

Could you give me the contact number and address please and please reply ASAP
Original post by desperial
I've been looking for somewhere to take exams as an external candidate for a few days now and can't find any suitable schools who aren't asking stupid money.

Does anyone know any schools or colleges that handle external candidates for a levels in Birmingham or it's surrounding areas.
Thanks

This is in Coventry but it's not cheap. http://www.tutorsandexams.uk/exam-centre
Original post by Compost
This is in Coventry but it's not cheap. http://www.tutorsandexams.uk/exam-centre

I remember you!

You gave me so much help with centres in the past.

For Coventry centres go Bablake.

About £350 to do 12 exams. Pretty good considering.

Tutorsandexams is a complete rip off £90 per paper I was quoted!
So for 8 exams its 233?
Reply 16
Original post by Geronimo!
Could you give me the contact number and address please and please reply ASAP

Sorry about that haven't been on this for a long time but here it is
West Walsall E-ACT Academy
Primley Avenue
Walsall
WS2 9UA
Tel: 01922 720741
Fax: 01922 641508
Btw like all a-level papers are like 14 or 18 quid and there's a one off 25 pound fee
Good luck x
Original post by muna88
Sorry about that haven't been on this for a long time but here it is
West Walsall E-ACT Academy
Primley Avenue
Walsall
WS2 9UA
Tel: 01922 720741
Fax: 01922 641508
Btw like all a-level papers are like 14 or 18 quid and there's a one off 25 pound fee
Good luck x

Thank you!! you're a lifesaver 14 quid is a bargain. :biggrin:
No!! Just my luck. West Walsall don't offer the service anymore :frown:
Original post by Geronimo!
No!! Just my luck. West Walsall don't offer the service anymore :frown:

Hey is it to late to recommend you a place

Quick Reply

Latest