The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

BA Liberal Arts?

Hi Guys

Anybody here is applying for the afromentioned BA Liberal Arts? I was wondering if, applying to read Liberal Arts as well as another degree programme at King's (one that is offered as a major in the first) is a good idea? I mean, at LSE for example, if they make you an offer, they will make you only one single offer, regardless of how many courses you have applied to. Would that be similar at King's, or perhaps not? Anybody got such experience?

Cheerio
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I received offers for two separate courses at King's College. A friend of mine did the same for Liberal Arts and one of the majors listed.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by zizi.karl
I received offers for two separate courses at King's College. A friend of mine did the same for Liberal Arts and one of the majors listed.

Wow, that's excellent! May I ask which courses those were in your case, as well as in your friend's case?
Reply 3
Original post by benq
Wow, that's excellent! May I ask which courses those were in your case, as well as in your friend's case?
I'm not willing to disclose personal information in public so please message me privately if you want to know more! I'm a current student so you can ask me anything about applications, courses, King's College or London.
Reply 4
Original post by zizi.karl
I'm not willing to disclose personal information in public so please message me privately if you want to know more! I'm a current student so you can ask me anything about applications, courses, King's College or London.

Apologies my friend, I did not consider that! PM.
Original post by benq
Hi Guys

Anybody here is applying for the afromentioned BA Liberal Arts? I was wondering if, applying to read Liberal Arts as well as another degree programme at King's (one that is offered as a major in the first) is a good idea? I mean, at LSE for example, if they make you an offer, they will make you only one single offer, regardless of how many courses you have applied to. Would that be similar at King's, or perhaps not? Anybody got such experience?

Cheerio

hi!
i asked the same question at the kings open day and they said its fine but they may ask for an extra 500 words of a personal statement about why you want to do liberal arts, only if you focused so much on the other subject youre applying to in the first ps though :smile: i've applied for liberal arts and history of art!
Reply 6
Original post by myrimyrisauce
hi!
i asked the same question at the kings open day and they said its fine but they may ask for an extra 500 words of a personal statement about why you want to do liberal arts, only if you focused so much on the other subject youre applying to in the first ps though :smile: i've applied for liberal arts and history of art!

Cheers for the reply! However, as far as I am aware, there is no opportunity to do History of Art at King's, is there? Also, would you mind sharing your profile, e.g. subjects and grades? I am almost certainly applying for the Liberal Arts myself now :smile:
Original post by benq
Cheers for the reply! However, as far as I am aware, there is no opportunity to do History of Art at King's, is there? Also, would you mind sharing your profile, e.g. subjects and grades? I am almost certainly applying for the Liberal Arts myself now :smile:

Oh yeah sorry I meant to say I'm applying for history of art at other unis, not kings (St. Andrews and ucl) so I've spoken about h of art + lib arts in my ps :smile:

Gcse: 2 A*s, 5As, 4Bs
AS: Art A, Spanish A, English B, History C
Predicted: AAA

You?
Reply 8
Original post by myrimyrisauce
Oh yeah sorry I meant to say I'm applying for history of art at other unis, not kings (St. Andrews and ucl) so I've spoken about h of art + lib arts in my ps :smile:

Gcse: 2 A*s, 5As, 4Bs
AS: Art A, Spanish A, English B, History C
Predicted: AAA

You?

I am a post A-level applicant. Got AAC already for History, Econ, Maths. Re-taking Maths and self-teaching Philosophy A-level. Predicted AAAA.

Nice! Did you talk about liberal arts as a distinct academic area or about some particular subjects within the liberal arts curriculum?
Original post by benq
I am a post A-level applicant. Got AAC already for History, Econ, Maths. Re-taking Maths and self-teaching Philosophy A-level. Predicted AAAA.

Nice! Did you talk about liberal arts as a distinct academic area or about some particular subjects within the liberal arts curriculum?

Wow that's amazing! And I focused on the links between subjects, so I spoke about how themes in History bear over my other a level subjects and complement eachother and how in my EPQ I also linked historical, political and social context to works of art in order to come up with my own conclusions... Did you write about what you might want to choose as a major and minor?
Hi there, I am a current History student at King`s but am considering to apply for Liberal Arts since my course is just insanely dry and somewhat dull - any experiences? I read through the course description but would love to know more about personal experience since I am looking for a creative yet academic course

many thanks
xx

Quick Reply

Latest