The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danyxin
Hey, these are the results from last year.

Hope you can see it. You should be able to just go to Westminster's site and search "scholarship" to find the results.

thank you, that helped a lot!!

Did you, guys, come to the conclusion that they email the scholarship recipients in the end of July? I'm afraid that they annouce them earlier. Like, first the recipients, and those who weren't successful in the end? just a thought though...
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hello!

My name is Nicole and I was awarded a scholarship to study at Westminster.

I received an email and the email said that I should shortly receive my official letter with all the agreements, but I still haven't got it...

Have you guys received already? I'm a bit worried and I emailed them already but still haven't got an answer.

x
Hi Nicole. I was also awarded a scholarship. The only document I've received from them is a Scholarship terms and conditions form... I signed and submitted it.. but no formal letter in the mail yet
oh my goodness!!! congratulations, guys!!!!!!!!!! :smile: that's amazing!

when did they e-mail you?
hey, anyone here is applying for january 2015 scholarship? i just sent the form this morning for full postgraduate scholarship.
Original post by komtugeder
hey, anyone here is applying for january 2015 scholarship? i just sent the form this morning for full postgraduate scholarship.

Hey Komtugeder! I do. I'm from Manila, Philippines
Hey Komtugeder! I do. I'm from Manila, Philippines
Hi Komtugeder, I do! -bryan, Philippines
I plan to apply for the full scholarship..but I haven't received the initial response from the university whether my ukpass application is accepted or not! It has been a week! I fear that i will miss out on the deadline if it takes this long!
Original post by bryanmojica
Hi Komtugeder, I do! -bryan, Philippines

Hey bryan, greetings! I'm from Indonesia hehe. Goodluck for us! Btw what major are you applying to? Im taking Purchasing and SCM :biggrin:
Original post by zehra.90
I plan to apply for the full scholarship..but I haven't received the initial response from the university whether my ukpass application is accepted or not! It has been a week! I fear that i will miss out on the deadline if it takes this long!

Hey Zehra, what does it say on your application status? Has the application been submitted? I actually got my conditional offer just less than a week after i applied.
@Komtugeder: We're neighbors, hope we both receive a "congrats" letter from them! The scholarship staff told me thru email that I can expect the result within 4weeks after the Oct17 deadline. Anyway, I got an unconditional offer for MA in Marketing Communications.
@Komtugeder: We're neighbors, hope we both receive a "congrats" letter from them! The scholarship staff told me thru email that I can expect the result within 4weeks after the Oct17 deadline. Anyway, I got an unconditional offer for MA in Marketing Communications.

Yeah i also got the notification today, it should be on Nov 14th if it is exactly 4 weeks.

So once again, good luck for both of us!
Yup, all the best!
By the way, if I may ask, how did you demonstrate your financial need in your application? I'm wondering how are they going to assess it, considering the fact that they did not require us to submit any financial document.
Hey Zehra, what does it say on your application status? Has the application been submitted? I actually got my conditional offer just less than a week after i applied.

hey! Yes the status says that the application has been submitted! Fingers crossed!
Reply 636
I also got the email.All the best
Reply 637
By the way, if I may ask, how did you demonstrate your financial need in your application? I'm wondering how are they going to assess it, considering the fact that they did not require us to submit any financial document.

thats the one that i am not sure of, i just wrote that my currency value depreciates almost 100% and my parents still have dependants. hbu?
btw, does that section contribute most points among the others or it doesnt?

Original post by zehra.90
hey! Yes the status says that the application has been submitted! Fingers crossed!

Original post by liz wak

goodluck for you both!
(edited 9 years ago)
thats the one that i am not sure of, i just wrote that my currency value depreciates almost 100% and my parents still have dependants. hbu?
btw, does that section contribute most points among the others or it doesnt?

goodluck for you both!

Academic performance, development potential, and financial need are the main selection criteria of equal importance. So I guess our financial status will give a significant weight to the committee's decision. Anyway, I just mentioned in my personal statement that I have a limited budget to pursue further studies considering that I already have a wife and a daughter to support out of my average income as a local employee. That's why the scholarship is my only ticket to gain access to world-class education that the University of Westminster provides.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending