The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Child Nursing 2015

Hi everyone!
I sent in my UCAS yesterday and am, of course, jumping a mile whenever my emails beep. I know it's far too early to get an offer yet, but has anyone got any nursing offers yet for 2015? I've applied for child nursing, but I'm assuming they process all the nursing offers in pretty much the same way?

It'd be great if all nursing-student hopefuls could post on here when they receive an offer or even if you haven't received an offer and are still waiting!
or anything about nursing at Cardiff to be honest - all posts are welcome!

danny x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi Danny
I'm applying for child nursing as well so we're in the same boat!! I'm sending my application in the next few weeks which is so nerve wracking just perfecting my personal statement. I'm applying for Cardiff as well I absolutely love it what other universities have you applied for??
Rhian x
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by rhian_miles
Hi Danny
I'm applying for child nursing as well so we're in the same boat!! I'm sending my application in the next few weeks which is so nerve wracking just perfecting my personal statement. I'm applying for Cardiff as well I absolutely love it what other universities have you applied for??
Rhian x

Hi Rhian! Ahhhh so nice to find someone in the same boat :biggrin: I've applied to South Wales, Swansea, UWE and Oxford Brookes as well. How's the personal statement going? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh nice I've applied to UWE and Swansea too! Yeah it's going well just doing the final edits finding it hard to fit everything into the limited character count!! How about you x
Reply 4
Ahhh nice I've applied to UWE and Swansea too! Yeah it's going well just doing the final edits finding it hard to fit everything into the limited character count!! How about you x

Ahh no way! Are you writing your PS on Microsoft word an then copying it into UCAS? Because I got mine down to 4000 characters in Word and then when I copied it in it told me I was 10 characters over and that it was 1 line over as well, so I had to take a few characters out and merge two paragraphs! I sent mine off a couple of weeks ago, so just waiting now :frown: Apparently Cardiff don't start interviewing until Feb, but Swansea starts in December x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I sent my UCAS off on the 6th October, not heard anything yet.
I've applied to Nottingham X 2 (one masters and one degree), Manchester, Coventry and Chester
Yeah I'm just copying it over to ucas, really that's so annoying the word limit restricts me so much I hate it!! Oooh waiting is the worst especially for results so important. Feb I don't think I can wait til then!! What's your first choice uni?? X
Reply 7
Original post by EmilyC96
I sent my UCAS off on the 6th October, not heard anything yet.
I've applied to Nottingham X 2 (one masters and one degree), Manchester, Coventry and Chester

Are you doing nursing? :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yeah I'm just copying it over to ucas, really that's so annoying the word limit restricts me so much I hate it!! Oooh waiting is the worst especially for results so important. Feb I don't think I can wait til then!! What's your first choice uni?? X

I literally have no idea which one my first choice is :P I haven't been to Cardiff and UWE open days yet so I'll know after that hopefully :smile: how about yours? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently cardiff I fell in love with it and the course and facilities were incredible!! X
Hey! My names Hannah :-)
I applied a few weeks ago! And applied to Southampton, Surrey, Brighton, Cardiff and Keele :-)! So nervous!!
Reply 11
Original post by Hannahchivertonx
Hey! My names Hannah :-)
I applied a few weeks ago! And applied to Southampton, Surrey, Brighton, Cardiff and Keele :-)! So nervous!!

Hey Hannah! :smile: ahhh join the club! I did look at applying to Southampton, but it was a bit far away for me, but I sorta wanted to apply because it looked so amazing! So which would be your first choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Currently cardiff I fell in love with it and the course and facilities were incredible!! X

I had a look at the facilities last year and they are by far the best I have seen :smile: which do you think you'd put as your insurance? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dannaaay
I had a look at the facilities last year and they are by far the best I have seen :smile: which do you think you'd put as your insurance? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll put Swansea as my insurance, I'm not Welsh honest!! how about you? x
Reply 14
I think I'll put Swansea as my insurance, I'm not Welsh honest!! how about you? x

Haha, don't worry I'm from Wales and I still want to apply there :smile: still have absolutely no idea haha! I'm going to Cardiff open day on the 25th though, so that should give me a better idea :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, everyone! :smile: Have applied for child nursing at Surrey, Southampton, Brighton, Cardiff and King's College London! Haven't had any updates on UCAS yet but it's still very early days!
Reply 16
Original post by hullaballoon
Hi, everyone! :smile: Have applied for child nursing at Surrey, Southampton, Brighton, Cardiff and King's College London! Haven't had any updates on UCAS yet but it's still very early days!

Hey and welcome! :smile: don't worry, I sent mine in 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I still haven't heard anything :smile: Cardiff we won't hear until January I think. I didn't know they did child nursing at King's! Wow! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I applied for child nursing at Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham, Manchester and Swansea.. I was going to apply for UEA but the area was too boring for me!
Reply 18
Original post by elliemacdougall
Hey, I applied for child nursing at Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham, Manchester and Swansea.. I was going to apply for UEA but the area was too boring for me!

Hey Ellie, how are you? :smile: sounds brilliant! When did you send your application in?

Out of interest, who on here has taken a gap year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dannaaay
Hey Ellie, how are you? :smile: sounds brilliant! When did you send your application in?

Out of interest, who on here has taken a gap year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine two weeks ago and no I'm in my last school year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending