The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unique_freak
What are my chances with an AAB prediction but 18/18 gcse and pretty good ps?

Sorry you'll need AAA ask your teachers to make it AAA
Reply 1801
Hey guys. Random Question - I'm thinking about applying to Liverpool but my friend told me students can get sent to the Isle of Man for clinical placements. Is this true? No offense to the Manx but I don't want to be stuck miles from my friends! Thanks.
Original post by JML086
Hey guys. Random Question - I'm thinking about applying to Liverpool but my friend told me students can get sent to the Isle of Man for clinical placements. Is this true? No offense to the Manx but I don't want to be stuck miles from my friends! Thanks.

No, it's not true.

Check the OP for placements at the UoL.
Any students looking at personal statements? Please PM me :frown:! !

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't think ps helpers are helping on that because of tsr's rule changes
can someone send me the link of liverpool's point scoring system for 2015 entry please.. i'm making a last minute decision between keele & liverpool before sending my application this week !!!!:eek:
what sort of interview does liverpool do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
discussion with two inteviewers
Original post by baner-2003

Goodluck!
I have 13.5 Points at GCSE and ABB at A-level (resitting). I really want to apply to liverpool for medicine, is it worth applying?
Original post by BlairCWaldorf
I have 13.5 Points at GCSE and ABB at A-level (resitting). I really want to apply to liverpool for medicine, is it worth applying?

Truthfully, no.
Do GCSEs sat pre year 11 count? I have a total of 10A* 5A, but I achieved 3A* in year 10...

And what does the requirement mean when it talks about evidence of formal written competence? Do you have to win writing competitions / be a world famous poet to apply or just demonstrate all this formally through the Personal Statement?

Thanks
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Do GCSEs sat pre year 11 count? I have a total of 10A* 5A, but I achieved 3A* in year 10...

And what does the requirement mean when it talks about evidence of formal written competence? Do you have to win writing competitions / be a world famous poet to apply or just demonstrate all this formally through the Personal Statement?

Thanks

GCSEs count at any stage.

Written competence is more for international students but as long as you meet the criteria for home grown status etc... you should be fine.
Original post by Kyalimers
GCSEs count at any stage.

Written competence is more for international students but as long as you meet the criteria for home grown status etc... you should be fine.

How sure are you with the written competence? I read the requirements and it seemed to be for all candidates rather than international
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
How sure are you with the written competence? I read the requirements and it seemed to be for all candidates rather than international

Afaik they do not formally assess English unless you are international. So if you can speak English well enough and write it well enough, you shouldn't have a problem. I can't guarantee anything though.
what your timetable like?
Original post by faddys123
what your timetable like?

With the new curriculum, apparently it's busier than last year's freshers but it's not too bad. Normally a 9am lecture every day, a lunch time lecture and every few days or so we have a group session or two in addition to that.
It can vary; today I only had two lectures, but tomorrow I'm at uni 9-4 with a lunch break at 1pm.
is anyone here on the liverpool scholars scheme?
Original post by Rumschpringe
With the new curriculum, apparently it's busier than last year's freshers but it's not too bad. Normally a 9am lecture every day, a lunch time lecture and every few days or so we have a group session or two in addition to that.
It can vary; today I only had two lectures, but tomorrow I'm at uni 9-4 with a lunch break at 1pm.

What is the course as a whole like?
Anything you like/dislike?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending