The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
My mother left me an email a few hours ago saying to get in touch asap. Only she's not online and her phone is off. My brother is also not picking up his phone. Now I'm really really worried and don't know what to do. Any ideas? So many horrible possibilities are going through my mind. :frown:

You tried home phones and mobiles?
Im guessing its not super urgent, shed have phoned instead of emailed surely? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
You tried home phones and mobiles?
Im guessing its not super urgent, shed have phoned instead of emailed surely? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stupidly don't have her landline number. I guess you're right that she probably would have phoned, only she put the crying smilie which is why I'm so worried. I'm not 100% that she has my phone number, normally we just chat on skype.

I'm so scared that my grandmother's died or something has happened to my brother. :frown:
I stupidly don't have her landline number. I guess you're right that she probably would have phoned, only she put the crying smilie which is why I'm so worried. I'm not 100% that she has my phone number, normally we just chat on skype.

I'm so scared that my grandmother's died or something has happened to my brother. :frown:

Is there anyone that you know a number for that will have her number?
Just keep trying their phones i guess.

Hope everythings alright :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling really good today managed five hours of studying today two subjects completed. Really happy. Anyway tomorrow is gonna be a bit a busy day ahead I got a meeting with csv to talk about creative writing group, then I am gonna do presentation for child protection in the library or coffee shop. Then if I have time I may read some of my psychology work and get that done and then in the evening I am heading off to maths class at Chelmsford college

Posted from TSR Mobile
fkvndfkvdijvndfvb too hard too hard
Reply 8105
The good news is that the EIT don't think I'm at risk of psychosis and will re-refer me for assessment with another team soon.

The bad news is that some **** on the fitness sticky triggered my ED
Original post by ScaryScience
Nope, I haven't heard a thing. My GP went crazy. Apparently it was an urgent referral too. I really do dread to think how long I'm going to be waiting. I really need to see someone cause im in a bad way with this, having lots of delusional thoughts and extremely intense urges. I honestly feel like climbing up the walls. I made like a strategy plan thing to follow when I get terribly distressed but I cant follow it, I keep sobbing until I think im going to be sick and

Spoiler

its like im possessed or something and nothing alleviates it. sorry im rambling, dunno if this even makes sense, I just feel ****ed tbh

That's terrible. Some trusts are just goddamn awful. I know it's a **** option but there is always A&E if you really need it. It sounds like you are having such a rough time with everything. :hugs: Well done for making a plan, even if you can't follow it at the mo, it is there if you feel you can use it in the future.

You wanna talk about things?

My mother left me an email a few hours ago saying to get in touch asap. Only she's not online and her phone is off. My brother is also not picking up his phone. Now I'm really really worried and don't know what to do. Any ideas? So many horrible possibilities are going through my mind. :frown:

I hope everything works out okay mate :hugs:
Seems lots of people are having a rough night :hugs:

---------------

Does anybody find that they are triggered by really insignificant things? A song that was always on the radio while I was an inpatient just came on shuffle and it's really thrown me.
Original post by bullettheory
You wanna talk about things?

I hope everything works out okay mate :hugs:

I dont even know just feel utterly ****e and not wanting to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2

---------------

Does anybody find that they are triggered by really insignificant things? A song that was always on the radio while I was an inpatient just came on shuffle and it's really thrown me.

I get that sometimes - especially with songs. I listened to alot of an A Day To Remember album when I was inpatient and when I listen to it now it makes me feel weird. Dunno if theres a solution to it though...
So, I walked into town and got the bus to a strange place and got off in the right place and went and found a building I've only been to once to play an instrument I've never properly played and even did an improvised solo when I was asked and then I didn't panic when the person giving me a lift back forgot and walked across town to find a bus station and didn't freak out (much!) when it said the next bus was at 22:55 instead of 20:55 and I asked another driver if it was coming, he said it was so I waited and it did and I got it back and then walked home :woo:

Wow that was long! But given that I'm terrified of new people and places and public transport actually pretty proud :yep: And for anyone who wants to know, carrying a tenor saxophone for 4+ miles in one evening is not to be recommended :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont even know just feel utterly ****e and not wanting to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Has anything triggered not wanting to be safe tonight? Here if you need to vent/talk. Got anything you can do to keep yourself busy? A good TV programme?
Crap just set myself up for a big fail if I don't get things done there's no way I am gonna complete an entire unit one of aspects of narrative in one week

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get that sometimes - especially with songs. I listened to alot of an A Day To Remember album when I was inpatient and when I listen to it now it makes me feel weird. Dunno if theres a solution to it though...

Doubt there is a solution tbh, memories of inpatient are always going to be there, for me anyway. Just wondered if other people had similar associations. Comforting yet a bit poo at the same time.
Has anything triggered not wanting to be safe tonight? Here if you need to vent/talk. Got anything you can do to keep yourself busy? A good TV programme?

Been feeling like it for a while :dontknow:
Thankyou, watching tv i guess will keep me busy. Had a nap today so will struggle sleeping tonight :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2

---------------

I get triggered by smells, songs, sounds, sights; pretty much anything. Songs tend to be one of the more common ones, though. I can't listen to a band i was listening to when i had my first car accident, for one.

Being easily triggered forces you to deal with things a bit better though, because there's no way in hell you're gonna avoid all of them. The only logical thing is to confront them, or you'd be a nervous wreck the entire time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Meaty_man
I get triggered by smells, songs, sounds, sights; pretty much anything. Songs tend to be one of the more common ones, though. I can't listen to a band i was listening to when i had my first car accident, for one.

Being easily triggered forces you to deal with things a bit better though, because there's no way in hell you're gonna avoid all of them. The only logical thing is to confront them, or you'd be a nervous wreck the entire time.

Smells is a big one for me too. Can't wear the deodorant I was wearing when I had my first psych assessment and smelling the perfume my named nurse wore makes me panic :colondollar:

It's amazing how the brain can automatically associate something with something though.
Been feeling like it for a while :dontknow:
Thankyou, watching tv i guess will keep me busy. Had a nap today so will struggle sleeping tonight :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Maybe try making it harder to be unsafe. I do that sometimes by hiding my shoes and that - it just gives me more time to think about what I'm doing. I hope you do get some sleep tonight.
That's terrible. Some trusts are just goddamn awful. I know it's a **** option but there is always A&E if you really need it. It sounds like you are having such a rough time with everything. :hugs: Well done for making a plan, even if you can't follow it at the mo, it is there if you feel you can use it in the future.

thanks. I hate the region im in for uni, they are SHOCKING. I've been this unstable every day for over a year and still haven't been seen for more than 5 mins by a psych, still no diagnosis. im at my wits end with it all tbh I feel like doing damage. its ****

Latest