The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
jpm do a sjt? ****. Have you heard about a numerical or anything after submitting the sjt?

Answered this :wink:
Reply 1161
Are RBS being serious? First a SJT, then a logical test, now a numerical?
Sorry for changing the subject, but what is generally the dresscode at a bank´s campus presentation?
Does anyone know if Rothschild have sent any replies?
Been accepted onto the LSE SU IB Conference. Anyone with experience know if it's worth it? Considering that I'm at a uni that hosts a shed load of varied Banking / Finance events. Don't want to spend £70 on a ticket that will just be regurgitating stuff I've experienced earlier on in the year
Original post by IB Fanboy
Does anyone know if Rothschild have sent any replies?

Not as of yet.

Original post by Mcdermott
Sorry for changing the subject, but what is generally the dresscode at a bank´s campus presentation?

Suit (2 piece) charcoal/dark grey/navy blue, white/light blue shirt. Tie = Optional. It matters very little tbh, just look presentable if you want to network afterwards.
Original post by Selym95
Been accepted onto the LSE SU IB Conference. Anyone with experience know if it's worth it? Considering that I'm at a uni that hosts a shed load of varied Banking / Finance events. Don't want to spend £70 on a ticket that will just be regurgitating stuff I've experienced earlier on in the year

I also got accepted and I just bought the ticket.

I'm at UCL so theres quite a lot of IB stuff going on where I am like you. Someone I was talking to about it said his brother went to it last year or something and apparently its definitely worth it.
Original post by Mcdermott

Varies hugely. I went to one where they stated before that it was business casual and there were people turning up in chinos and jumpers. But then a GS one I went to didn't say anything about dress code and everyone made a huge effort to dress up.
Original post by Byrney11
RBC and Nomura rejection today :/

When did you send off aplication and what uni do you study at?

Did they test?

I sent off RBC and Nomura yesterday. :s
Original post by Selym95

go to the muzzafar khan event today? interesting to say the least, not too sure of his "ideas". Going to the sw fair tomorrow evening?
Original post by Anonynous
Not as of yet.

Suit (2 piece) charcoal/dark grey/navy blue, white/light blue shirt. Tie = Optional. It matters very little tbh, just look presentable if you want to network afterwards.

defo agree with the matters little, not sure about wearing a suit for an hour long event, makes you stick out and a banker doesn't really want to see a keeno like that at the end of a long day I think. Casual smart is absolutely the right way
Original post by Anonynous
When did you send off aplication and what uni do you study at?

Did they test?

I sent off RBC and Nomura yesterday. :s

rbc or rbs? rbc do a one day thing which they say doesn't give an option to fast track
Original post by CD315
Are RBS being serious? First a SJT, then a logical test, now a numerical?

then a full ac :tongue: and last year even after passing tests they said that you aren't "guaranteed" a spot an at an ac. Just lolworthy.
Reply 1173
then a full ac :tongue: and last year even after passing tests they said that you aren't "guaranteed" a spot an at an ac. Just lolworthy.

That's ridiculous.
Starting this weekend to send off my applications, hopefully it's not too late.
has anyone else sent of blackrock?

if so have you heard back from them?

if so when did you submit?
Original post by thelion0
has anyone else sent of blackrock?

if so have you heard back from them?

if so when did you submit?

Sounds like an Excel Function

=IF(A1=Sent Black Rock,IF(B1=Heard back from them,IF(C1=Submitted,"Yes","No")))
Reply 1177
Original post by MathsNerd1
Starting this weekend to send off my applications, hopefully it's not too late.

Definitely isn't too late.
Original post by CD315
Definitely isn't too late.

That's good, we've only just had all the banks come in today for the careers fair. Everyone there said any time in November is fine as well, however I'm not too sure I'll wait that long. How are the applications going for you? Any chance you could tell me what I'm in store for with the places you've already applied to?
go to the muzzafar khan event today? interesting to say the least, not too sure of his "ideas". Going to the sw fair tomorrow evening?

Ah mate, missed it because I had lectures. I've missed a lot of very good events due to my timetable clashing. Missing this Credit Suisse Soft Skills Workshop tomorrow as well. But yeah, definitely going to the Intro to SWs tomorrow.

What was the Muzaffar Khan event like - was pretty gutted I missed it

Latest

Trending

Trending