The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Only got 4 hours sleep :frown: struggled to get to sleep then woke up stupidly early and couldn't get back to sleep. Made it to lectures though so that's good I guess.
Hugs for everyone who wants them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
try to be as honest as you can I guess, the more they know the more they should be able to help :smile: hopefully it all goes okay for you! :hugs:

i know, i just feel like its a balancing act between them being able to help me and me telling them too much and them panicking and telling the med school/my doc :/
Original post by Valvopus
Only got 4 hours sleep :frown: struggled to get to sleep then woke up stupidly early and couldn't get back to sleep. Made it to lectures though so that's good I guess.
Hugs for everyone who wants them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw hun, sorry to hear that :console: Well done on making it to lectures though - that's very impressive, given the circumstances, and shows real dedication on your part :yep:
Reply 8183
urgh, I hate it when people say **** like that, they really don't get it at all!

:hugs:

Cheers man! She kinda does because she has some depression herself but still gets to me. Also she doesn't think I'm doing anything about my problems when I am :-/

How are you Jean-Luc? :-)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Aw hun, sorry to hear that :console: Well done on making it to lectures though - that's very impressive, given the circumstances, and shows real dedication on your part :yep:

Thanks, I mostly just got fed up of trying to sleep and it was basically time to get up for lectures so I just gave up on sleeping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Thanks, I mostly just got fed up of trying to sleep and it was basically time to get up for lectures so I just gave up on sleeping.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still though, shows you're not a lazy so-and-so. I, for example, would have gone for a nice big breakfast, rather than the lecture :colondollar:
Thanks! Yeah might do. Are you OK today? :smile:

:smile: I've been better tbh, not got much faith in humanity right now & on top of that we have like no money & loads of debt & it's all just a bit much really, part of me just wants to run away or hide or something, kinda half anticipating a major mood crash if something doesn't give but don't really know what I can do :/

Original post by Team_McDreamy
i know, i just feel like its a balancing act between them being able to help me and me telling them too much and them panicking and telling the med school/my doc :/

:hugs: that sounds like a really tough situation yeah, I mean they can only tell other people in very specific situations so hopefully doesn't lead to that if you do talk to them!

Original post by Riku
Cheers man! She kinda does because she has some depression herself but still gets to me. Also she doesn't think I'm doing anything about my problems when I am :-/

How are you Jean-Luc? :-)

even so, no excuse to be that insensitive especially if they know that's what they are being tbh, is good you are doing stuff as well, a lot of people don't even feel able to do that so she's definitely being insensitive imo

meh, see my reply to TLG above^
:smile: I've been better tbh, not got much faith in humanity right now & on top of that we have like no money & loads of debt & it's all just a bit much really, part of me just wants to run away or hide or something, kinda half anticipating a major mood crash if something doesn't give but don't really know what I can do :/

:jumphug:
:jumphug:

thanks, got therapy on Thursday & kinda hoping that might do something to help, keeping myself distracted today by going shopping with my mum & tomorrow is my girlfriends birthday so just gonna focus on her then which should help a bit!
thanks, got therapy on Thursday & kinda hoping that might do something to help, keeping myself distracted today by going shopping with my mum & tomorrow is my girlfriends birthday so just gonna focus on her then which should help a bit!

October bdays FTW :woo: :nutcase: :yeah:

Hope therapy helps :yep:

October bdays FTW :woo: :nutcase: :yeah:

Hope therapy helps :yep:

your birthday coming up as well? :smile: (sorry if has already been & I've forgotten, my memory is awful!)

thanks, ditto!

your birthday coming up as well? :smile: (sorry if has already been & I've forgotten, my memory is awful!)

thanks, ditto!

That's fine hun, I don't remember anyone's bdays so I don't expect people to remember mine :teehee:

Mine's on the 23rd :smug:
That's fine hun, I don't remember anyone's bdays so I don't expect people to remember mine :teehee:

Mine's on the 23rd :smug:

:redface: I'd forget my own head sometimes haha!

awesome :h: will make sure to wish you a good one on here then :awesome:
:redface: I'd forget my own head sometimes haha!

Haha, me too :five:

awesome :h: will make sure to wish you a good one on here then :awesome:

Aww, thankies hun! :colondollar:
Aw hun, why's that? :frown:

And glitter! Don't forget glitter!!! :ahee:

But glitter feels horrible and gets everywhere and makes a mess :sadnod:

(Sorry, fell asleep! :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks to everyone who replied to me yesterday, much appreciated. :suith:
Original post by furryface12
But glitter feels horrible and gets everywhere and makes a mess :sadnod:

(Sorry, fell asleep! :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek:

You are hereby banished from my (glittery) presence :sadnod:

:tongue:

Original post by superwolf
Thanks to everyone who replied to me yesterday, much appreciated. :suith:

How are you feeling today? :lovehug:

Better, thanks. :smile: Going to do plenty of nice things for myself today, maybe a bit of baking.

I saw you got to Oxford and back ok, well done! :five:
:eek:

You are hereby banished from my (glittery) presence :sadnod:

:tongue:

Fine, I will disappear with my shiny colourfulness then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Fine, I will disappear with my shiny colourfulness then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't make the shiny go away! :puppyeyes: