The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

I applied for English Literature, and I received an offer last week! Just waiting for my other applications to respond, but may be seeing some of you in the near future...
University of York
York
Original post by mnina19
Getting VERY nervous - submitted my application on the 23rd, for history and philosophy, and haven't heard anything back yet. Worried that my PS has let me down; I'm applying straight history everywhere else, so it isn't THAT geared toward philosophy.

You shouldn't be worried at all, it's been less than a month. I applied around the 17th and only just got a letter through the post today inviting me to an interview for Computer Science, nothing has happened on UCAS yet.

The interview is optional, i could take a conditional offer of AAB or try to impress them and get it lowered to ABB, so i really want to do it. It's on the 1st of November for me, does anybody know the kind of Computer Science questions they ask? Anybody else applying for Computer Science?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SomeGuy96
The interview is optional, i could take a conditional offer of AAB or try to impress them and get it lowered to ABB, so i really want to do it. It's on the 1st of November for me, does anybody know the kind of Computer Science questions they ask? Anybody else applying for Computer Science?

I am personally not doing Computer Science, but a youtuber named Jake Wright, who does computer science at Cambridge, filmed an interview for someone applying for computer science at Cambridge. I know it's not York, but it might give you an idea of what to expect. Hopefully it might help, if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XwKVCBPfM
Got an interview with York for CHEM :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by CescaD96
I'm worried too, I live in Northern Ireland! I have to move to a different country with a weird, horrible accent!

I'm from NI too! :smile: I'm applying for Spanish & Linguistics. I've applied to other unis in England, so hopefully I'll get into one of them... can't wait to get away to be honest!
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Wow, when did you guys apply? Well done! :smile:

I applied on Monday 6th October, got an offer from Bath for Economics and Politics on tuesday, A*AA, and then got an offer from York for Economics on Friday, AAA, hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
Hi, I'm wanting to study psychology, but I'm really scared about choosing my 5 choices :frown: help!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isha.k
Hi, I'm wanting to study psychology, but I'm really scared about choosing my 5 choices :frown: help!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look on league tables or try to visit unis
Criminology 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by caitlinevans
Hiya applying to York to do Biological and Medicinal Chemistry. My AS were ABB but I meet the requirements AAA predictions and the Welsh Bac which kinda makes sense because I live in Wales. Hoping to get my application in early as rather not drive 5 hours to get to York for an interview :L

Im hoping to go to York to study medical and biological chemistry :biggrin: Unfortunately they say they interview all Chemistry students, but if you apply early they can give guaranteed offers before the interview. Thats what I got, I just need to go to the interview now to confirm my offer and find out what grades they want me to get :3
Original post by Nashaa
Im hoping to go to York to study medical and biological chemistry :biggrin: Unfortunately they say they interview all Chemistry students, but if you apply early they can give guaranteed offers before the interview. Thats what I got, I just need to go to the interview now to confirm my offer and find out what grades they want me to get :3

Same. I have an interview with them which guarantees my offer :smile: when is your interview?
Reply 131
Original post by chem@uni
Got an interview with York for CHEM :smile: :smile: :smile:

What date is your interview? :3
Reply 132
Same. I have an interview with them which guarantees my offer :smile: when is your interview?

23rd of October :biggrin:
Mines the 3rd of November :biggrin:
Reply 134
Mines the 3rd of November :biggrin:

oooo, well good luck with the interview, hope they're not too harsh :p:p
Original post by Nashaa
oooo, well good luck with the interview, hope they're not too harsh :p:p

Let me know how it goes :smile:
Reply 136

ahaha will do :banana:
I applied for Chemistry and got an offer yesterday for AAB!
Original post by Nashaa
23rd of October :biggrin:

Quick question :smile:
I'm applying for Biochemistry at York, but would really like to do the year in industry option. Do you reckon if I were to apply for both the regular Biochemistry and the year in industry course it would make it more likely for me to receive an offer? Or would it just be a waste of an application space? Sending off my application tonight ahhh, scared isn't the word!

Quick Reply

Latest