The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Passed Monitor Deloitte tests, told I'd be subject to another CV screen and interviews will be in December, anyone else in the same position? Have an offer from EY already.
Yup on the same boat
If I only start applying now, do you guys think I'm at any disadvantage? Have things moved quite quickly or is it still okay?
Original post by Michael XYZ
If I only start applying now, do you guys think I'm at any disadvantage? Have things moved quite quickly or is it still okay?

Not at all. As long as firms are accepting applications, which they are, then you're okay. Just get them in ASAP!
Hi guys I have 2 question:
1) I wanted to ask you how many pages is your CV. I'm applying to the big 4 consulting firms and some people have 2 page CVs while others have 1.
2) Also I recently changed the format of my CV so that its 2 pages. after education i have work experience and I've added 3 experiences. my most recent work experience is on 1st pages and the other 2 experiences on the 2nd page, is that ok do you think?
thanks
Reply 225
Original post by jack_the_ripper
1) I wanted to ask you how many pages is your CV. I'm applying to the big 4 consulting firms and some people have 2 page CVs while others have 1.
2) Also I recently changed the format of my CV so that its 2 pages. after education i have work experience and I've added 3 experiences. my most recent work experience is on 1st pages and the other 2 experiences on the 2nd page, is that ok do you think?
thanks

I imagine for the big 4 you'll find they have an application system right? So you won't actually give them a CV I don't think.

Generally 1 or 2 pages is OK - but for a graduate I would personally always advise 1 page. You don't have to get everything you've ever done on there (which lets face it can't be that much as a fresh grad) - much better to give them a really strong 1 pager than a thin 2 pager.
DEFINITELY 1 page.
Original post by Michael XYZ
DEFINITELY 1 page.

I agree
Original post by Tangente
I agree

Me three, 1 page.
Original post by Luccy.
I've been waiting over two weeks to be told to book a KPMG phone interview slot - is this the norm with them right now?

Just wondering how long I should wait before dropping an e-mail.

Original post by Consultingstude
Hows everyones apps going so far? Mine are as follows, need to get cracking with more tbh :

Deloitte - Rejected post tests :frown:
KPMG - Awaiting phone interview :redface:
EY - Awaiting final interview :biggrin:

I'm still waiting on KPMG for the phone interview date too- for about a month! They keep emailing me the same email saying they're still working on sorting out dates for my telephone interview but it's getting me really worried that they're slowly filling up places and the advantage of applying early is gone to waste lol- though clearly no one seems to have gotten very far in the KPMG process, I heard of someone passing the telephone interview but that was it.
What positions have you guys applied for, maybe it's just this particular division or something? I applied for Strategy Consulting
Original post by jack_the_ripper
thanks

I think most places prefer you to do 2 pages and have everything laid out in a nice and concise manner rather than trying to squash it all into 1. But tbh, you wont get penalised either way. Everyone else has said 1 but i applied with a 2 page CV and got into a grad scheme (changed my mind about my career direction which is why im applying again, to clarify) so dw about it too much. Focus on filling out the company qs and passing the tests - that is deffo most important!
Still no word from Deloitte for anyone I take it?
Reply 232
Original post by saks10111
I'm still waiting on KPMG for the phone interview date too- for about a month! They keep emailing me the same email saying they're still working on sorting out dates for my telephone interview but it's getting me really worried that they're slowly filling up places and the advantage of applying early is gone to waste lol- though clearly no one seems to have gotten very far in the KPMG process, I heard of someone passing the telephone interview but that was it.
What positions have you guys applied for, maybe it's just this particular division or something? I applied for Strategy Consulting

Same boat for KPMG (Management Consulting). They emailed me last Wednesday saying that they were still trying to organise a slot for my telephone interview.

Original post by Throwaway2521

Nothing here either. Emailed them at the beginning of last week to see if there was an update, but didn't receive anything back.
Original post by Throwaway2521

Nope, they still haven't replied to my email ...
Reply 234
Original post by saks10111

I've applied for risk and reg and have my phone interview tomorrow after waiting a month. I haven't heard of any offers either yet. Don't worry I would say they are close to asking you for interview, I didn't hear anything between passing tests and them saying book a slot now.

Also on the 1 page 2 page debate, i've always had two and have never got rejected after screening. I had a meeting with a Bain grad recruiter a couple of weeks ago and they looked at my 2 page CV and said it was fine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 235
Original post by Luccy.
I've applied for risk and reg and have my phone interview tomorrow after waiting a month. I haven't heard of any offers either yet. Don't worry I would say they are close to asking you for interview, I didn't hear anything between passing tests and them saying book a slot now.

Also on the 1 page 2 page debate, i've always had two and have never got rejected after screening. I had a meeting with a Bain grad recruiter a couple of weeks ago and they looked at my 2 page CV and said it was fine.

Lol, we had BCG at our Uni a week ago and the analysts who look at CVs said 1 page is ideally better. They said they get thousands, and they only get a short time per CV, but that is common knowledge.
(edited 9 years ago)
Can anyone tell me how hard the Deloitte Critical tests are? And what they actually entail? Thanks!
Reply 237
Original post by D12345678
Can anyone tell me how hard the Deloitte Critical tests are? And what they actually entail? Thanks!

Do the practice ones on the Deloitte website, should give you a pretty clear idea of what they're about. They're not hard, just slightly tricky.
Original post by ks347
Do the practice ones on the Deloitte website, should give you a pretty clear idea of what they're about. They're not hard, just slightly tricky.

I've passed the Numerical and that was pretty similar to the practice one. Is that the same with the Critical one? And thanks!
Reply 239
Original post by D12345678
I've passed the Numerical and that was pretty similar to the practice one. Is that the same with the Critical one? And thanks!

Yep, exactly same format. No prob, good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending