The Student Room Group

Would you buy an in-home gym if you could afford it?

Just wondering

I would, i'll definitely work out A LOT more

Brb workout morning and evening daily
Brb work out whenever I am bored

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I own a home gym and it didn't cost an awful lot.
Reply 2
Yeah, I'd much prefer to work out at home really. No queues, no gym fees, no travel effort, your own choice of music, etc.
Original post by pane123
I own a home gym and it didn't cost an awful lot.

How did that come to be? :o:
Yes - but I doubt I would work out any more than I do now.

3x full body per week is GOAT.
Reply 5
Original post by Joyful_soul
How did that come to be? :o:

I bought a bench and some dumbbells so I could do stuff at home and just kept adding to it. Now I have enough to do full workouts at home and don't have to visit a gym.
I have a home gym. I miss the socializing part of the gym a bit, but since I work long hours these days, having a gym at home is much better.

Can squeeze in an hour 4-5 times a week with no travel time, no time waiting for equipment time, etc.
I probably would but I like the social environment of a gym as well tbh
Original post by Angry cucumber
I probably would but I like the social environment of a gym as well tbh

This. I find it a lot more motivating to work out when actually in a gym. At home it feels like such a chore for me
I would never use it. Too much effort.
I already have one.
Definitely. There are times of the day my gym just gets too busy that you can't actually get anywhere near the equipment. I always dream of having my own gym in my home one day and being able to workout whenever I like rather than having to look for gaps in my day when I know the gym will be quiet.
Reply 12
My bro owned gym. Sold the property. Moved all the gym equipment into our purpose built gym complex in the garden

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have a gym at home I use during holidays. Hate training alone. The social environment in a gym and motivation from seeing others work hard as well makes a big difference for me!
Original post by Hertz
My bro owned gym. Sold the property. Moved all the gym equipment into our purpose built gym complex in the garden

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shoot, lucky guy
If I could afford it, and had space for it then definitely. All I'd really need is a power rack, a barbell with weights and a few dumbells. At the moment I've got an old bench with barbell that goes up to about 40kg that was left here when my brother moved out but it's rusted in the garden so I just use the bar when I really can't make the gym and use it in my bedroom. It would be nice to have a proper area to work out it. I think when I buy my own house id invest. There's nothing worse than fitting in a gym session after a long day at work only to find you can't actually get in the squat rack or use a barbell, it's so annoying.
Yes, but then I'd miss the buzz of the gym so I wager I'd go from time to time.
Original post by Joyful_soul
Just wondering

I would, i'll definitely work out A LOT more

Brb workout morning and evening daily
Brb work out whenever I am bored

Hell yes. Just my gym has pretty decent equipment and if I got a home one it wouldn't be near as good, but if I could afford it.. Yeah
Reply 18
I thought I wanted to but now I'm not sure because of having people to learn from, train with, be motivated by and all that. I think I'd prefer to live within a few mins walk of a good but not too busy gym.
One of the big pluses of going to a gym was the vibe and boost you get from going to a good one.

The only things i've thought about buying for my house were a turbo trainer for the bike and a rowing machine both to take the edge off winter training a bit and so you can have music/watch some Tv for those 1h+ sessions.

Quick Reply

Latest