The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Hey Guys,

I am an applicant of the GCS Fast stream this year.

Hope you can clarify something fro me. The online selection tests (i.e the numerical, verbal and competency questionnaire) are to be completed in one sitting or they can be differently but within the time limit set brfore moving on to the next stage

\thanks in advance and best of luck.
I've been invited to the Social Research Assessment Centre at the end of the month. Has anyone done this before and can provide any more information about the tasks required? I've read the brief information on the website, but would like to be as prepared as possible!
Hi Gagan07,

You shall have 7 days to complete the online selection tests. Once you've started one specific selection test, you have to complete and submit that. The online selection tests are:

1. Verbal Reasoning,

There are five different paragraphs and each paragraph contains four questions at the end. Each question has four options to select counting true, false and can't say. There are 20 questions in total to be answered within 20 minutes. Once you completed this part, you have to submit it, or automatically it's being submitted as the time ends.

2. Numerical Reasoning

You can start this test after you've completed and submitted the verbal reasoning section. You can do it at any time within the duration of seven days, mean you can enjoy a long break between verbal and numerical reasoning. There are five scenarios with four problems in each and you have to solve these within 24 minutes.

3. Competency Questionnaire

No time limit, but must be completed within 7 days. Be careful with this selection test.

After the completion of these tests, the next stage is result. If you're successful, you can now have an access to a full application form. You have to complete this form within next seven days.

Final step before you go to Fast Stream Assessment Centre would be an e-tray exercise. It has three sections:

1. Background scenario - 20 minutes

2. Multiple choice - 1 hour

Multiple choice section is similar to competency questionnaire in its nature (purely my personal opinion),

3. Written task - 1 hour

You have to complete this section within 14 days after you submitted your online application form. Once you started doing e-tray, you shall have 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete this.

The next stage is Fast Stream Assessment Centre. I shall post my experience if I would be able to attend.

Above stated information is purely "a personal experience". I am apologetic for any technical mistake, but I hope this would be helpful for potential Fast Streamers.

Sincerely,
Shahbaz!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 443
Original post by frankers1088
I've been invited to the Social Research Assessment Centre at the end of the month. Has anyone done this before and can provide any more information about the tasks required? I've read the brief information on the website, but would like to be as prepared as possible!

How long ago did you submit your written app? I haven't heard back yet :frown:
EAC tomorrow, feel like my brain is going to explode...
I finished the application on the 5th October and was told my application was successful on the 10th.. No idea what (if anything) to read into that though!
Got through to the ORAC :h:
Reply 447
Original post by Slowbro93
Got through to the ORAC :h:

Congrats! So did I!!
Original post by norav27
Congrats! So did I!!

:woo:

:jive:

:woo:
Finally got through to the application form for GCS, after about a month or waiting. lol
I got an electronic message from Parity; I am successful in Online Selection Tests for Generalist Fast Stream. I already have completed an e-tray assessment exercise for Digital and Technology. Do I need to complete another e-tray assessment exercise for Generalist Fast Stream?
Unsuccessful for the Generalist stream, still waiting for the European one. That must have been my competency questionnaire.
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Unsuccessful for the Generalist stream, still waiting for the European one. That must have been my competency questionnaire.

Definitely, it's competency questionnaire. Wish you best of luck with the results for EU Fast Stream's online selection tests.
Hi guys

thought I'd come join, went to a talk at uni yesterday for this and it seemed good. Hoping for generalist/european which seem very popular choices! I haven't read through the thread yet and have only done the very basics for my application (setting up an account.)
Reply 454
Original post by frankers1088
I finished the application on the 5th October and was told my application was successful on the 10th.. No idea what (if anything) to read into that though!

Yeah just wondered. I did mine on the 7th so I guess it's just a waiting game :smile: :smile: Good luck with your prep, if I get through and start looking at some stuff i'll let you know.
Reply 455
Through in NI to etray. That was a nervy two week wait.
Is anyone else applying having completed the International Baccalaureate? If so, how are you listing your results? Just the final total result, or each subject and mark?
I've passed the online tests so now have the application form to complete.
After I have completed the form, do you then have only 7 days to complete the e-tray? Or do you have a longer period of time to complete it?
Only asking as I will be out of the country for 10 days...
Reply 458
Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad
I got an electronic message from Parity; I am successful in Online Selection Tests for Generalist Fast Stream. I already have completed an e-tray assessment exercise for Digital and Technology. Do I need to complete another e-tray assessment exercise for Generalist Fast Stream?

Congratulations!

To find out, check your scheme progress on the candidate site. In the section 'My applications' what does it say? Presumably it will say 'awaiting results' if you don't need to do them! Pretty sure you don't though!
Reply 459
I've been away for a few days but it seems there's been a new band narrowing and lots of good news for this thread :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone with their respective upcoming ACs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending