The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by MoveTheChains
I've passed the online tests so now have the application form to complete.
After I have completed the form, do you then have only 7 days to complete the e-tray? Or do you have a longer period of time to complete it?
Only asking as I will be out of the country for 10 days...

7 days for the form then 14 for e-tray, no worries :smile:
Original post by kat.lev
Congratulations!

To find out, check your scheme progress on the candidate site. In the section 'My applications' what does it say? Presumably it will say 'awaiting results' if you don't need to do them! Pretty sure you don't though!

Thanks! I already contacted parity and they suggested to complete the online eligibility criteria and application form as well. My status would be changed automatically to "Result Progress" as I needed to complete e-tray for once for all schemes that come under one category.

Thanks again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kat.lev
7 days for the form then 14 for e-tray, no worries :smile:

Thanks!
Need to start looking into these OR terms tomorrow, would pop to the library but don't think I can fake being a student anymore :tongue:
Reply 464
Unsuccessful in the selection tests :frown:

Hope they provide reasonably detailed feedback on where it went wrong - it's a shame having put so much effort into preparing.

Congrats to everyone that got through though!
Original post by hm13

Hope they provide reasonably detailed feedback on where it went wrong - it's a shame having put so much effort into preparing.

Be ready for round 1 in the next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hm13

Mostly likely at this early stage they won't
Reply 467
Got some basic feedback.

Essentially tanked the competency and (kind of) numerical.

aced the verbal however. Nice to know I can read :wink:
Original post by norav27
Damn this is the longest wait ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the AC, how are you preparing?
Reply 469
Original post by Slowbro93
For the AC, how are you preparing?

You know when the AC is? Mine still says 'awaiting invitation' but allows me to book an open day.
Just gonna learn the OR techniques again
Reply 470
Invited to stats assessment centre, anyone else?
Original post by norav27
You know when the AC is? Mine still says 'awaiting invitation' but allows me to book an open day.
Just gonna learn the OR techniques again

I would assume a couple days after the open day although I could be wrong :tongue: do you have an OR background? Was going to learn two techniques in depth and the other two vaguely (just maths background :tongue:)
Reply 472
Original post by Slowbro93
I would assume a couple days after the open day although I could be wrong :tongue: do you have an OR background? Was going to learn two techniques in depth and the other two vaguely (just maths background :tongue:)

Nope im just a maths grad, did a few OR modules thats all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 473
Hi guys, I thought I'd chime in.

I applied to the GFS and completed my tests very early on - 5th September - thinking it would be assessed on a first-come first-served basis. The feedback from my practice tests indicated that I was in the top 15% (or thereabouts) for both verbal and numerical.

Nearly one and a half months later, and I'm still 'awaiting results'. I must say that I'm pretty impressed with myself for being so incredibly mediocre as to neither get accepted nor rejected after so long.
Dear Hafez,

I received GFS online selection test results yesterday, but for D&T on 30th of September 2014. I have now selected “Houses of Parliament” as my first preference.

On practice tests, they tell you that you’re in top 15%, in middle of 30%, in top of 35% or below 65% candidates who have taken these tests. They don’t tell you the exact position. But, I believe, if you’re satisfied with your performance in Verbal and Numerical (especially) Reasoning, you shall get a positive response, soon; with the hope that you have done competency questionnaire with high attentiveness.

Wish you best of luck with your results.

Shahbaz!
Original post by hafez
Hi guys, I thought I'd chime in.

I applied to the GFS and completed my tests very early on - 5th September - thinking it would be assessed on a first-come first-served basis. The feedback from my practice tests indicated that I was in the top 15% (or thereabouts) for both verbal and numerical.

Nearly one and a half months later, and I'm still 'awaiting results'. I must say that I'm pretty impressed with myself for being so incredibly mediocre as to neither get accepted nor rejected after so long.

Wish you best of luck with your results.
Original post by tillytots
Hi guys

thought I'd come join, went to a talk at uni yesterday for this and it seemed good. Hoping for generalist/european which seem very popular choices! I haven't read through the thread yet and have only done the very basics for my application (setting up an account.)

They are popular but the people that get in aren't super human. It's a long application process (with a lot of waiting for results) so you just need to take each stage at a time. The initial hurdle is the online tests which are a bit of a pain and filter a lot out, so it pays to put quite a bit of practice in to these and do all the free online tests and so on.

Good luck with it :smile:
Just bit the bullet and took the final tests--nightmare. Despite getting top percentiles in my practice tests for some reason I found these much harder and didn't even finish the maths one. There's always next year I guess...
Hi guys,

I just did my online tests and waiting for the results to be uploaded. Do you know how long does it usually take to check them? also, the deadline for the generalist FS (the one I applied for) is 3rd of November. Does that mean I will have to complete the application form/e-tray exercise by then or does the 3rd only refer to the day I started my application?

thanks in advance and good luck to all!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by krumours
Hi guys,

I just did my online tests and waiting for the results to be uploaded. Do you know how long does it usually take to check them? also, the deadline for the generalist FS (the one I applied for) is 3rd of November. Does that mean I will have to complete the application form/e-tray exercise or does the 3rd only refers to the day I started my application?

thanks in advance and good luck to all!

They mark you straight away- you'll hear within 24 hours if your definitley succesful or unsuccessful, if you have to wait longer it means they are waiting to see how others do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending