The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
I want to say that was a bad decision but it depends on which part of History you studied :redface:

Okie dokie :smile: How come you decided on Maths?

It was a bad decision. Bad bad bad.

I don't know really, I guess it made me feel less stupid than the rest? Also I can get away with being more lazy... :smile:

Why psychology?
Original post by Abbie :)
It was a bad decision. Bad bad bad.

I don't know really, I guess it made me feel less stupid than the rest? Also I can get away with being more lazy... :smile:

Why psychology?

And how come it was such a bad decision? :redface: Well I know who to turn to if I need help with stats :tongue: You can get away with being more lazy on a Maths degree? :holmes:

I just find how we interact with each other, how we behave in certain situations, the brain and mental illness ridiculously interesting :getmecoat: I also just want to help people :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
And how come it was such a bad decision? :redface: Well I know who to turn to if I need help with stats :tongue: You can get away with being more lazy on a Maths degree? :holmes:

I just find how we interact with each other, how we behave in certain situations, the brain and mental illness ridiculously interesting :getmecoat: I also just want to help people :smile:

Aww that's actually genuinely nice :smile: yeah maths it's just the same numbers different context, not too bad at all.

History just stressed me out as I felt thick as anything in there :/

Psychology does sound good though :smile:
Aww that's actually genuinely nice :smile: yeah maths it's just the same numbers different context, not too bad at all.

History just stressed me out as I felt thick as anything in there :/

Psychology does sound good though :smile:

Thank you :redface: Just want to do my bit and help those who need help :smile: I love making a difference in people's day's. So that's a yes to any stats help I need? :')

You felt thick as anything in there? :/
Original post by Deyesy

Your mind is similar to mine haha :five: I'm very interested in human behaviour, although I've never studied psychology lol.
So even setting an alarm doesnt make me want to sleep :sigh: wonder if my dr will give me zopi if i beg?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Multitalented me
Your mind is similar to mine haha :five: I'm very interested in human behaviour, although I've never studied psychology lol.

Yeah you should study Psychology if that's the case :lol: You get to study things like perception and language development too which I find fascinating aswell :')
Original post by Deyesy
Thank you :redface: Just want to do my bit and help those who need help :smile: I love making a difference in people's day's. So that's a yes to any stats help I need? :')

You felt thick as anything in there? :/

Yeah anytime :smile:

And I feel thick all the time, worse in subjects that had open concepts. I'm better with closed off certain answers :smile:
Yeah anytime :smile:

And I feel thick all the time, worse in subjects that had open concepts. I'm better with closed off certain answers :smile:

History has open concepts? :holmes: And doesn't Psychology too?
Original post by Deyesy
Yeah you should study Psychology if that's the case :lol: You get to study things like perception and language development too which I find fascinating aswell :')
Sorry about butting into your conversation btw, forgive me lol :ninja: Didn't do it as I thought it'd be too hard really, also didn't study it at A-levels if that mattered? :s-smilie: I never knew why mainly girls study it? :erm:
Original post by Deyesy
History has open concepts? :holmes: And doesn't Psychology too?

Yep, social sciences in general really. Anywhere there is room for debate has me ****ed over haha
Sorry about butting into your conversation btw, forgive me lol :ninja: Didn't do it as I thought it'd be too hard really, also didn't study it at A-levels if that mattered? :s-smilie: I never knew why mainly girls study it? :erm:

There's alot of essay writing at A Level but the concepts aren't too difficult :smile: Degree level is a whole different story. I'm basically learning latin as I read more about the brain :tongue: I have no idea either but that's exactly a bad thing :redface: :lol:

Yep, social sciences in general really. Anywhere there is room for debate has me ****ed over haha

And yet you liked Psychology? :holmes: How come debates have ****ed you over? :lol:
Original post by Deyesy
There's alot of essay writing at A Level but the concepts aren't too difficult :smile: Degree level is a whole different story. I'm basically learning latin as I read more about the brain :tongue: I have no idea either but that's exactly a bad thing :redface: :lol:

And yet you liked Psychology? :holmes: How come debates have ****ed you over? :lol:

They did, I'm not claiming I could actually do it haha
They did, I'm not claiming I could actually do it haha

So you're more a science type of person since you're studying Maths and like black and white answers? Are we nocturnal too? :redface:
Original post by PandaWho
No idea what to even tell my dr, or if i tell her anything at all, got a bit of physical stuff to talk about and no idea whats more important :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try writing down mental health stuff and giving it to her (as Maid Marian suggested) but tell her there is physical stuff to talk about too.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANDA :h: :love: :gah:

I do think it's important she realises how paranoid you have been :sadnod:

Original post by Odd socks
:hugs:

I feel absolutely awful :bawling:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, fell asleep :o: Big hugs from here :jumphug:

Spoiler

Original post by ScaryScience
omg in such a weird situation. :frown: :frown: :frown:

Hope you are safe hun :s-smilie:

Original post by Maid Marian
:hugs: I'm extremely lonely and bored, so I wandered in here out of curiosity and saw youuuuu :hugs: How are you? :redface:

Welcome :hi: I won't introduce myself since we already know each other :biggrin:

Oh you have Schizophrenia, sorry to hear that :console: E? How did they let you down? Sorry about what you're going through, stay strong, it will get better! :hugs:

Nope, I don't have schizophrenia: I have schizoaffective disorder :tongue: It's a related but entirely separate condition.

E is someone who I was in an abusive relationship with (for lack of a better term) at uni. Sorry, I forgot that not everyone here would know what/who I meant by E :colondollar:

My friends let me down coz it was kinda public knowledge that I was being abused and no one really thought to do anything :erm:
Original post by Deyesy
So you're more a science type of person since you're studying Maths and like black and white answers? Are we nocturnal too? :redface:

Yes I can handle black and white, and it looks like you are a fellow owl
Yes I can handle black and white, and it looks like you are a fellow owl

Indeed I am. Even getting up for 8am on the days I'm uni hasn't sorted my sleeping pattern out :redface: I mean what actually is a normal sleeping pattern? :')
Original post by Deyesy
Indeed I am. Even getting up for 8am on the days I'm uni hasn't sorted my sleeping pattern out :redface: I mean what actually is a normal sleeping pattern? :')

Well I'm getting up at 7am :L
Original post by Maid Marian
Awhh thank you:hugs: How do you mean, it ended before it started? :redface:

No worries! :hugs: She's moving elsewhere just as a friendship was developing. If she's happy, then I'm happy though :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
You and me both. I feel fantastic tonight and yet I know come Thursday and Friday when I have uni I'll feel awful.

Yeah, I know the feeling! I was going through all three 'extremes' (can you have three extremes?) in the space of half an hour at one point though which was a bit odd :redface: How come you don't like uni? Are you in first year? Sorry should probably know that :getmecoat:

Original post by ScaryScience
I'm so sorry, I hope you get some peaceful rest :frown: :hugs: yeah I have one random song playing loudly over and over to try and eliminate some weird muffles I can hear in my head. Need to try and study though, but I just can't when I feel like this :s-smilie:

Thanks- I kind of carried on like that for a couple of hours then slept which was good :yep: Hope you managed to sleep a bit in the end? :hugs:

Original post by PandaWho
Just had a brief chat with my brother, so was nice, becoming a birthday routine now! Though hes just off to work, silly chinese pfft. But i heard on the grape vine they might be moving back to the UK for a year next year :biggrin: so will be good have have him back.

Lets see how this years birthday pans out :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANDA! :party:

Original post by purple-duck
Sorry for taking ages to reply :eek: :sad: Being really busy still and also just me being rubbish with keeping up with the thread.
Yeah I think so :tongue: Sorta gone downhill since :frown: but oh well :s-smilie:
No that makes sense :redface: Plus everyone's there to get help and stuff too, so it's sorta like here :colondollar: Except hopefully better as is IRL/proper talking? :redface:

Oh I'm really sorry it's been bad :frown: :hugs:
How're they being weird? :s-smilie: I'm sorry lovely :frown: :jumphug:
Well done on last week with buses and tenor sax though :king1: Did you have fun playing too? :smile: Was this the group you mentioned before?

:hugs:

No need to apologise! Yeah it seems to be moving really fast at the minute, not sure as that's a good thing or not where people are struggling :s-smilie: Sorry you've been struggling again :frown: I know what you mean, although I think I'd actually find it harder IRL- people don't seem so scary when you are just typing on here and can actually think about what to say :colondollar:

Don't know, they just were although they're away this week which is good :smile: Thank you! I did, well the conductor got bored and ended up teaching us some jazz theory/us all playing percussion instruments instead but it was kind of fun :tongue: Although he made us do solos too which was scary :eek:

Latest