The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

I went to the doctor yesterday to tell him about my depression/anxiety and he didn't ask me anything or want to hear any symptoms or anything he just gave me a phone number to a mental health place, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GivenToTheWildd
I went to the doctor yesterday to tell him about my depression/anxiety and he didn't ask me anything or want to hear any symptoms or anything he just gave me a phone number to a mental health place, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year the doctor just said I was depressed then gave me a number for a mental health place. Put me off so I never phoned or went back.

Phone it, I wish I did.
Original post by GivenToTheWildd

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sort of mental health place?
Happy birthday Poncho! :smile:
Been kept really busy today, think it's actually helped my mood. Either that or my increased dose is finally having an effect that's good. Got up before 10am (with assistance) and sent lots of important emails, went to my lecture, handed in a very important form. Cooked actual food , and now going to work :eep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel horrible :'( want to give up on all this
Reply 8386
happy birthday Poncho and Panda :hugs:

so I have 2 questions today

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks
Been kept really busy today, think it's actually helped my mood. Either that or my increased dose is finally having an effect that's good. Got up before 10am (with assistance) and sent lots of important emails, went to my lecture, handed in a very important form. Cooked actual food , and now going to work :eep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done hun!

So far today, I made myself some lunch which wasn't instant noodles (OK, so PART of it was instant noodles :getmecoat: ) :king1:

I'm having a PJ day and will do some reading eventually. I said I'd start working after lunch. Then at 1pm. Then 1.30pm. Then 2pm :colondollar:
And Riku, I can identify with both those things, though I don't think it's wise to have further discussion about the second one on here, lest we trigger anyone accidentally! PM me if you want. I'll be reading but should be here on and off :yes:
Original post by Deyesy
There's alot of essay writing at A Level but the concepts aren't too difficult :smile: Degree level is a whole different story. I'm basically learning latin as I read more about the brain :tongue: I have no idea either but that's exactly a bad thing :redface: :lol:
Ah, alright. I regret taking Economics really, no wonder I dropped out when there's more interesting career avenues for me in support work/counselling/sports media, instead of being like a banker lol. Ooh do you have to latin, is there like certain terms that you have to use? Haha, you must have some "macho" influences though :tongue:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Nope, I don't have schizophrenia: I have schizoaffective disorder :tongue: It's a related but entirely separate condition.

E is someone who I was in an abusive relationship with (for lack of a better term) at uni. Sorry, I forgot that not everyone here would know what/who I meant by E :colondollar:

My friends let me down coz it was kinda public knowledge that I was being abused and no one really thought to do anything :erm:
My apologies :redface: Anyway I hope your condition improves :smile: Ah, ok thanks for that & that's not very nice, they should have been supportive, even if they were a bit busy with their own lives as that's what friends are for :erm:
Original post by Multitalented me

My apologies :redface: Anyway I hope your condition improves :smile: Ah, ok thanks for that & that's not very nice, they should have been supportive, even if they were a bit busy with their own lives as that's what friends are for :erm:

No worries. I'd never heard of it before I was diagnosed :o: Thanks very much! Hope you're having a good day :h:
So my dr was great today, was there for ages! Think i pissed off half the waiting room!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
rmhumphries
:drool:

Guess what's in the oven? :teeth:
Original post by ScaryScience
I feel horrible :'( want to give up on all this

:hugs: Don't give up, things will get better I promise! :console:

Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Yes to the first one, no to the second. I do agree with TLG about the second one though, don't really want to trigger anyone so probably best to keep to PM :redface:

Original post by PandaWho
So my dr was great today, was there for ages! Think i pissed off half the waiting room!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: Can definitely relate to the annoying the rest of the waiting room bit, too :colondollar:

Original post by superwolf
Guess what's in the oven? :teeth:

I just had to read that several times before I realised you said 'what' was in the oven not 'who'- was thinking 'what on earth is Wolfie doing to those mice?' :lolwut:

Edit: On second thoughts, they'd be 'what' too.... I think my brain went on strike :facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)
People!

TSR HALLOWEEN BAKE OFF

We must win! :judge:
Well done hun!

So far today, I made myself some lunch which wasn't instant noodles (OK, so PART of it was instant noodles :getmecoat: ) :king1:

I'm having a PJ day and will do some reading eventually. I said I'd start working after lunch. Then at 1pm. Then 1.30pm. Then 2pm :colondollar:

Thanks :hugs: instant noodles is a completely acceptable meal :tongue:

The only way I keep motivated is by my friendly neighbourhood wolfie :lol:

Original post by Riku

Spoiler

I have experience of both of those, the second one not any more but when I had my first big mental health blip when I was 15 I did and it really scared me. It's not something I like to talk about :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I just had to read that several times before I realised you said 'what' was in the oven not 'who'- was thinking 'what on earth is Wolfie doing to those mice?' :lolwut:

:eek: Poor meeces! They are happily ensconced in their cages, eating millet, mealworms and other vile delicacies. :tongue:
Reply 8397
And Riku, I can identify with both those things, though I don't think it's wise to have further discussion about the second one on here, lest we trigger anyone accidentally! PM me if you want. I'll be reading but should be here on and off :yes:

ok thanks TLG :smile: x
Reply 8398
Original post by Odd socks
Thanks :hugs: instant noodles is a completely acceptable meal :tongue:

The only way I keep motivated is by my friendly neighbourhood wolfie :lol:

I have experience of both of those, the second one not any more but when I had my first big mental health blip when I was 15 I did and it really scared me. It's not something I like to talk about :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's OK you don't have to if it's uncomfortable :hugs:
Reply 8399
Original post by furryface12
:hugs: Don't give up, things will get better I promise! :console:

Yes to the first one, no to the second. I do agree with TLG about the second one though, don't really want to trigger anyone so probably best to keep to PM :redface:

:woo: Can definitely relate to the annoying the rest of the waiting room bit, too :colondollar:

Edit: On second thoughts, they'd be 'what' too.... I think my brain went on strike :facepalm:

glad (sort of, evilly :tongue:) I'm not the only one :redface: haven't remembered dreams in ages then they started again a few months ago...

Latest