The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

I did, made everything taste horrible too :frown:

30 weeks yesterday and 3 weeks until I finish work :biggrin: Got a very busy few weeks though between then and now. Gut instinct says I won't make 40 weeks, hope so as starting to get v.uncomfortable.

Love seeing the updates from both randdom and kater on facebook, makes me very broody and impatient though.
8 weeks to go :biggrin: and finish work in 6 days :biggrin:

How are all the lovely babies getting on?
Original post by Anonymous
8 weeks to go :biggrin: and finish work in 6 days :biggrin:

How are all the lovely babies getting on?

Isaac irritable at the moment I think he might be teething :frown:

Lots of lovely grins too though :smile:
Nathan's teething too. Bloody molars. We're up to 12 teeth now (but numbers 11 and 12 are only half through). Makes him like a grizzly bear - full on temper tantrums he gets when they're really bothering him.
Gah!
12 down, 8 to go.
Sébastien is three weeks old today! He's finally regained his birth weight and then some this week - after losing very little at day 5 he didn't put any more on by day 10!

I've also just got over mastitis and now have breast thrush caused by the antibiotics! So breastfeeding is hard. He's also started tugging at my nipple during feeds, which is far from pleasant...

Otherwise, everything's good. Just very tired and trying to power through the feeding pain...
How is everyone doing?

Isaac has just turned 4 months! I don't know where the time is going.

Here he is at a wedding last week ImageUploadedByStudent Room1412999492.197673.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel irrationally (!) odd posting in this thread now I'm not pregnant but am still a parent...

I am still quite sad about the miscarriage & frustrated about the ongoing aftermath on my body/hormones - it took 8 weeks for a bloody (ho, ho) period to come back after the ERPC and I don't think I ovulated that cycle and have no idea what's going on this cycle!

But we're enjoying toddler-ness - quite an articulate little munchkin putting words together & impressive tantrums. She's 17 months old tomorrow & I think next month at 18 months will feel really old to me! :eek:
Kater - how's the breastfeeding going hun? I know it's hard. I had mastitis and thrush when I was breastfeeding Lydia so I know how bloody painful it is. Hang in there x

randdom - omg how cute is isaac?! 4 months? wow time sure flies!

Anon - aww well you don't have to be pregnant to post here - I'm not pregnant myself. That's why it's a pregnancy and PARENTING society lol. Glad you're enjoying toddlerness. I'm finding it stressful because Nathan (15 months now) is so damned inquisitive and active. He's forever climbing on things - it's getting ludicrous. I turn my back and he's up STANDING on the dining table! (he pulls out a chair and gets on that, and then gets onto the table). The amount of times he's fallen off the sofa I've lost count. And don't get me started on him pulling / grabbing things he shouldn't have!

I am still quite sad about the miscarriage & frustrated about the ongoing aftermath on my body/hormones - it took 8 weeks for a bloody (ho, ho) period to come back after the ERPC and I don't think I ovulated that cycle and have no idea what's going on this cycle!

So turns out when your "periods" and cycle seem a bit weird you should probably do another pregnancy test. :facepalm: But the dates/bleeding/fainter HCG tests since suggest another miscarriage in progress rather than start of a healthy pregnancy - though the EPAU person tried to be positive about seeing a tiny gestational sac yesterday. Another 2 week wait & see till next scan.

Are you home fulltime, PMP? We have a nosy-climber-toddler too - but I think going to work actually gives me a break and then renewed energy to deal with her! :biggrin:
So turns out when your "periods" and cycle seem a bit weird you should probably do another pregnancy test. :facepalm: But the dates/bleeding/fainter HCG tests since suggest another miscarriage in progress rather than start of a healthy pregnancy - though the EPAU person tried to be positive about seeing a tiny gestational sac yesterday. Another 2 week wait & see till next scan.

Are you home fulltime, PMP? We have a nosy-climber-toddler too - but I think going to work actually gives me a break and then renewed energy to deal with her! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed that there is good news

Are they willing to do the HCG blood test 2 days apart to see if it is doubling, rising but not doubling or falling? That might at least give you more information.
Original post by randdom
Fingers crossed that there is good news

Are they willing to do the HCG blood test 2 days apart to see if it is doubling, rising but not doubling or falling? That might at least give you more information.

Thank you.

I asked - but no as a clear gestational sac seen and blood levels are only their protocol if it's a preg of unknown origin. Contemplated having them done privately - but probably not worth it. My DIY version with POAS & strength of lines not looking promising :frown: but think I'll do another CB digital/conception indicator with a FMU sample tomorrow and at the weekend, to see if I hit 3+ (5/40+) a week after 2-3 or not...
Hi people :smile:

I am posting to ask people's experiences of pregnancy really. I've 'felt' pregnant for about 1.5 weeks now and I got a positive pregnancy test this morning (although I keep worrying that it might be a false positive so I am planning to take another one tomorrow morning even though I know the chances are slim).

Thing is I had a strong feeling I was because I started suffering from really bad wind which was like constant and I felt really bloated. I also had lots of strange stomach cramps - mostly in the lower belly, some felt like pregnancy pains and some I couldn't quite put my finger on what they were (just didn't feel like 'normal'). Also sometimes the wind itself seems to create period-like cramps which is really confusing :s-smilie: Anyway I've had this for about 1.5 weeks. And then yesterday (the day my period was due) the cramps were a little stronger, but no period. And they feel similar today (but no period). I also feel like a bloated whale.

Is this cramping normal?! I'm worried.
* felt like period pains (not pregnancy pains... I've never felt them before since I've never had a child before!)
cramping can be normal yes, some women get implantation cramping x

yep full time at home - trying to work on writing novels which is very taxing these days lol
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

Thanks :smile: the thing that concerns me is that I am almost 5 weeks pregnant, surely implantation happened over a week ago? If I am still cramping is that a bad sign? :frown:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

(Giving up being anonymous because every thing needs to be approved :o: ). Thing that is worrying me is I am almost 5 weeks pregnant, surely implantation would have occurred over a week ago? If I am still cramping is that a bad sign?
Original post by FuzzyJumper
(Giving up being anonymous because every thing needs to be approved :o: ). Thing that is worrying me is I am almost 5 weeks pregnant, surely implantation would have occurred over a week ago? If I am still cramping is that a bad sign?

not necessarily - I thought I was coming on my period when I got pregnant with my first because I was cramping for a fair while.
Original post by FuzzyJumper

I had on and off low abdominal cramping for the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy. As long as it is low down, not severe and not one sided it isn't a sign of things going wrong. Hope that things settle down soon :smile:
can i ask some questions?
i have diagnosed PCOS, so even though im used to irregular periods, iv not had a period now in about 5 months.
in that time iv taken 2 tests just incase, but both have come back negative.

however recently iv been getting cramps, but they havnt felt like PCOS cramps.

another worrying thing i have when i breath i can see my stomach sort of pulsating like my heart or something, but it looks VERY strong.

would it be worth taking another test? me and my partner last had an incident about the 17th August, i took a test about 3 weeks later, but it was negative, now iv still not had a period im becoming very worried.

Quick Reply

Latest