The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purple-Pixie
I agree, I love the rain when I'm inside but not when I'm outside. It always seems to start raining as soon as I walk home from the bus stop after school! I always forget my umbrella as well...

ME TOO! It always rains when you are leaving school, never when you're just sitting in a classroom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe its just me but the only different thing for me between year 11 and 10 is that ive started doing more CAs but other than that I havent noticed that big a difference.
Original post by SidTheSloth1
Maybe its just me but the only different thing for me between year 11 and 10 is that ive started doing more CAs but other than that I havent noticed that big a difference.

I don't think anyone else has either, I just have more tests and CA's to prepare for so it's a lot more time consuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else have mock exams coming up soon? Mine are in late November.
Original post by Canttellyou
ME TOO! It always rains when you are leaving school, never when you're just sitting in a classroom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it's so irritating!
When are you guys applying for sixth forms or colleges?

Mine are the first week in December. When do you plan to start revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone else has either, I just have more tests and CA's to prepare for so it's a lot more time consuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26
When are you guys applying for sixth forms or colleges?

As soon as all my course guides and application forms come through the post, I'll definitely start drafting things. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
As soon as all my course guides and application forms come through the post, I'll definitely start drafting things. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking of applying right now since my highlander is weirdly good but my new one's coming up in November so I'm not sure. Although, I did attend an open day today and I might send an application tomorrow but I'm still unsure. Is it too early?
Original post by SampleX
Mine are the first week in December. When do you plan to start revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I break up this Friday for half term so I'm going to try and do some revision over half term, what about you?
I'm thinking of applying right now since my highlander is weirdly good but my new one's coming up in November so I'm not sure. Although, I did attend an open day today and I might send an application tomorrow but I'm still unsure. Is it too early?

I applied for a college in September (I didn't get in though; there are loads of applicants and they decide through a ballot system so I got unlucky) but I haven't applied anywhere else yet. I'll probably just end up staying at my current school's sixth form though :tongue:
I applied for a college in September (I didn't get in though; there are loads of applicants and they decide through a ballot system so I got unlucky) but I haven't applied anywhere else yet. I'll probably just end up staying at my current school's sixth form though :tongue:

A ballot system? Are you serious?
A ballot system? Are you serious?

Yep, unfortunately I'm serious. It used to be 'first come, first served' but they changed it because they thought it was unfair.

First week of December, I feel bad for whoever has there's in January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, unfortunately I'm serious. It used to be 'first come, first served' but they changed it because they thought it was unfair.

And using the ballot system is fair... How?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, my friend has hers in January. I'm glad I'll be getting mine out of the way with and that I won't have to revise over the Christmas holidays!

And using the ballot system is fair... How?

I don't think it's fair either :frown: They made us fill out a fairly detailed personal statement in our applications but I don't see why they would do that if they use the ballot system anyway; surely they don't even read all/most of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Do you think they'll be past papers?
Me too, my friend has hers in January. I'm glad I'll be getting mine out of the way with and that I won't have to revise over the Christmas holidays!

I don't think it's fair either :frown: They made us fill out a fairly detailed personal statement in our applications but I don't see why they would do that if they use the ballot system anyway; surely they don't even read all/most of them.

.... The headteacher or principal must really be a fan of the Hunger Games

Late nov/early DEC and several from Jan D=

Latest