The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
Also add your University on the top line of Education. Follow the same format so

Sep 2014 - Present - [University Name]
Degree:.....................BA Psychology

(without the dots ofc)

BSc* :tongue: and yeaah i will!! :smile:
Original post by Secretnerd123
YAYYYYYYYY its perfect :biggrin: thanks soooooo much!!!!!! You're a life saver wallahi!!

Btw isn't the language that you're fluent in the native one? Because i'm more fluent in english than le somali but not sure which one should be native

And what websites would you recommend when finding a part time sales assistant job? I applied for so many via indeed but they never respond :frown:

I have no idea, I put Swahili as native :K:

Screw job sites. Go in with your CV and ask to speak to the manager. I'm not familiar with job hunting for sales positions and I've never worked in retail so honestly wouldn't know. I'd advise speaking to your careers team at university.
BSc* :tongue: and yeaah i will!! :smile:

My bad ^^

What's the difference, they're both Bachelors?

I do BSc (Hons) but have never understood what the difference was between a BSc and BA
(edited 9 years ago)
I have no idea, I put Swahili as native :K:

Screw job sites. Go in with your CV and ask to speak to the manager. I'm not familiar with job hunting for sales positions and I've never worked in retail so honestly wouldn't know. I'd advise speaking to your careers team at university.

Yeaah thats what i'll do :biggrin:

My bad ^^

What's the difference, they're both Bachelors?

I do BSc (Hons) but have never understood what the difference was between a BSc and BA

BA is bachelors of Art and its mainly humanities subjects like english, history etc.
Yeaah thats what i'll do :biggrin:

BA is bachelors of Art and its mainly humanities subjects like english, history etc.

BA Mathematics - Cambridge
Original post by Biryani007
Aww that's so nice of you!

Not that much of an jerk after all?
BA Mathematics - Cambridge

Weirdos
Weirdos

There's no better feeling than surpassing the competition. With relevant work experience, it's difficult to find reasons to reject your application if vacancies are available.
Not that much of an jerk after all?

I never said you were a jerk...
I never said you were a jerk...

:rolleyes: Never said you did :smile: I'm in a good mood
Reply 4230

Jameel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Jameel?

You might have mistaken me for someone else.

Ahah ok..why's that?
Reply 4233
You might have mistaken me for someone else.

Hum ok. Don't really care anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahah ok..why's that?

Passed some numericals with regards to SW application at BAML. Got through to the next stage of ICAP selection process for their summer programme. Just got the offer to be a paid Student Ambassador at my university. Today has just been positive. :biggrin:
Passed some numericals with regards to SW application at BAML. Got through to the next stage of ICAP selection process for their summer programme. Just got the offer to be a paid Student Ambassador at my university. Today has just been positive. :biggrin:

Cool, mashaaA.
Random question here: For those of you who definitely know what careers you want to pursue, how did you go about deciding? Was it obvious? Did you have multiple options and then just narrowed it down?
:tongue:
But on a positive note this Somali girl is really Beautiful I Love her cheekbones.:daydreaming:
My muslim sisters are so beautiful.
Mashaallah:tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
But I seriously worry about my somali brothers in Islam don't they eat any proper nutrients why do they always look anorexic.:biggrin:
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Random question here: For those of you who definitely know what careers you want to pursue, how did you go about deciding? Was it obvious? Did you have multiple options and then just narrowed it down?

The latter. It was either Journalism, Accounting, Finance.

Journalism, the average pay wasn't very pleasing, although I'm considering trying for research analyst in the financial secondary markets later on in career.

Accounting, had workshops at a big accountng firm. Found audit and tax to be quite maundane, albeit corporate advisory is an area to be explored.

Finance, did numerous workshops/work experience/internship with banking and completely fell in love with that area of finance. So that's my primary pursuit.

Very generic overview, ofcourse there was much more depth and research but that's the main jist.

Quick Reply

Latest