The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

No-one except Alex Doran even does block 20 line posts though Luke, that's the ****test excuse yet for your retarded staccato. Let's be real, it's TSR, everyone here is a specky grammar nerd and paragraphing on the whole is done very well.
Original post by G up hoes down
No-one except Alex Doran even does block 20 line posts though Luke, that's the ****test excuse yet for your retarded staccato. Let's be real, it's TSR, everyone here is a specky grammar nerd and paragraphing on the whole is done very well.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL quoted for future reference.
Original post by sr90
Playing Jones in midfield worked perfectly, we'd have won the tie if it wasn't for that stupid red card.

Tbf, United's away goal at the Bernabeu came from a corner that should of been a goal kick :tongue:
you alright lad

I just get annoyed when lukey boy posts ****e like 'I'd be happy with 0 points in our 2 games against Madrid' every day, its just boring. No need to try and sound impressive or clever, we all know you're not

When did I say I'd be happy with 0 points?
What fan would be "happy" to see his team lose 2 games?

I said I'd be content with 1 point because it's likely to be 1 point more than Basel/Ludogorets will take from Madrid in the two group games.

If you're gonna carry on spouting abuse my way (which quite frankly is becoming a little old and boring now), at least get the facts right.
It takes a sad kind of person to be constantly banned from a site yet make account after account even though it's clear that they have been banned for a reason...
Original post by sr90
Playing Jones in midfield worked perfectly, we'd have won the tie if it wasn't for that stupid red card.

Nani was also playing quite well, which was a surprise:colone:
Original post by Lúcio
It takes a sad kind of person to be constantly banned from a site yet make account after account even though it's clear that they have been banned for a reason...

If this is a dig at me then stop because I didn't start with you. If you really want me to then I will though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LosingDogs
If this is a dig at me then stop because I didn't start with you. If you really want me to then I will though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure it wasn't you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12
Tbf, United's away goal at the Bernabeu came from a corner that should of been a goal kick :tongue:

Swings and roundabouts basically. Plus anyway it was a red card. Regardless of whether he saw the man he went high foot and studs onto Arbeloa. Could have easily injured him.
So excited!!! Bought a ticket to go watch Liverpool vs Swansea in the Capital One Cup. Got tickets for the LC KJ Row 5. Anyone know whether the seats are any good for view, atmosphere, etc.
It's been 11 years since Steven Gerrard was made captain! It's crazy how time flies, it will be so emotional the day he retires. He has been an amazing servant to the club and has single-handedly won us trophies, absolute legend. The reason I became a Liverpool supporter was due to watching Gerrard play and being awestruck by him. It has been such a privilege to watch Gerrard captain Liverpool, all he needs now is to win the PL to top off his fantastic career.
Original post by LosingDogs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah nothing at you man
However it is pretty funny that you made a random dig at me earlier but can't seem to hack it in return...
Original post by The.Joker
It's been 11 years since Steven Gerrard was made captain! It's crazy how time flies, it will be so emotional the day he retires. He has been an amazing servant to the club and has single-handedly won us trophies, absolute legend. The reason I became a Liverpool supporter was due to watching Gerrard play and being awestruck by him. It has been such a privilege to watch Gerrard captain Liverpool, all he needs now is to win the PL to top off his fantastic career.

singlehandedly robbed you off trophies as well :biggrin:
How many dupes are there? Seriously can't keep track of whos who....
Original post by jam277
Swings and roundabouts basically. Plus anyway it was a red card. Regardless of whether he saw the man he went high foot and studs onto Arbeloa. Could have easily injured him.

For me, it wasn't a red but it's amusing to see United fans just conveniently forget how their away goal shouldn't have stood.
Original post by jam277

If Nani and Arbeloa were facing the same way then I would agree, but Nani was already committed to getting the ball (mid air), Arbeloa played him:angry: and just dived in knowing he'd get him in trouble. Wasn't a red for me, but expect a Spanish player to make the most of it.

yer, I remember when he was made captain.

Can't believe it's been 11 years

yer, I remember when he was made captain.

Can't believe it's been 11 years

you can never forget some of the things he has done for us.

one game that will always stick in my mind is a few years back in the europa league when he came off the bench against napoli at 1-0 down and bagged a hattrick.
literally dragged us over the line single handedly; couldn't believe it.

it's a real shame he'll (most likely) never have that coveted premier league medal but how many players have captained a champions league winning side?
people will focus on the one trophy he never won but when you look back at his service for club and country over the years, he really is an oustanding footballer.

would it be too much to say he's the greatest ever liverpool player?
We'll definitely finish in the top four and I think we'll get third.
Original post by Lúcio
you can never forget some of the things he has done for us.

one game that will always stick in my mind is a few years back in the europa league when he came off the bench against napoli at 1-0 down and bagged a hattrick.
literally dragged us over the line single handedly; couldn't believe it.

it's a real shame he'll (most likely) never have that coveted premier league medal but how many players have captained a champions league winning side?
people will focus on the one trophy he never won but when you look back at his service for club and country over the years, he really is an oustanding footballer.

would it be too much to say he's the greatest ever liverpool player?

I think that was the first game that JW Henry and his wife came to watch? Made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and Gerrard's name was sung by 40,000 fans.

Quick Reply

Latest