The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom_Ford
It's a joke. My dad got £500 a week in the 80's waiting tables in his student days (outside London). Top graduates these days would basically cannibalise each other to get that in a ****ty office job. (Not that this was the norm, obviously.)

Like **** did he, even by todays standards that is £25k per year but £500 in the eighties is like £1400 today. Your average top division footballer probably didn't take home much more than that.
Original post by sr90
Like **** did he, even by todays standards that is £25k per year but £500 in the eighties is like £1400 today. Your average top division footballer probably didn't take home much more than that.

I am sure. They earnt a ****load and a lot of them who were not business minded used the money to save up and live into old age till today.
Original post by LosingDogs
Robert and Scott went in today's episode. You're welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

just got back home from work.
thanks for that mate.

Original post by jam277
Yeah you're on ignore list

feel your pain man...
No respect for people who think revealing spoilers are funny in the slightest.
Reply 7104
Original post by AR_95
No respect for people who think revealing spoilers are funny in the slightest.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah u like m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah u like m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I was watching the show anyway, it wasn't spoiled for me
Reply 7106
Original post by AR_95
lol I was watching the show anyway, it wasn't spoiled for me

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Luke always quotes me in the Liverpool thread and I feel violated every time :'(
tbh with the spoiler thing above, I don't even watch them closely enough to know who is who, I'm on my phone throughout lol.

They hardly showed the black guy in this episode, he looks like good TV potential. Also the slutty blonde girl and the mixed race solicitor girl, think there's good potential there.

Also there's a guy called Solly right. YOUR NAME IS SULAYMAN BRUV DO NOT CALL YOURSELF SOLLY

solly ****ing hell
Original post by Zürich

That's amazing.
I rarely sing out loud to songs if ever, but when this comes on, you just KNOW you have to

[video="youtube;fJ9rUzIMcZQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ&spfreload=10 %20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end %20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https% 3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch% 3Fv%3DfJ9rUzIMcZQ)[/video]

Man said Bieber refuses to perform cause of a cold where as this guy performs whilst dying of AIDS
(edited 9 years ago)
FFS I've been feeling so nostalgic today. I know a lot of you here are into more RnB/Hip hop/rap etc but I grew up with rock and metal and still listen to it a lot more than any other genre. Some times I wish I grew up in the late 70's/early 80's just to experience the golden age of music during this time towards the 90's and so. There was just something about music back then which puts it miles above what we have today, I can't put my finger on it. It just sounds so much simpler, yet better?

[video="youtube;vabnZ9-ex7o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabnZ9-ex7o&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%2 0Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%2 0(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.you tube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvabnZ9-ex7o)[/video]
Reply 7113
This is pissing me the **** off!

I owe £100, £50 to person A, and 50 to person B! I spend £97 on a bison, and have £3 left. I give A and B £1 each, and keep £1 for myself. I now owe both A and B £49. 49+49+1 = 99! Where did the other dolla go?
Good band AR.
Original post by samba

I owe £100, £50 to person A, and 50 to person B! I spend £97 on a bison, and have £3 left. I give A and B £1 each, and keep £1 for myself. I now owe both A and B £49. 49+49+1 = 99! Where did the other dolla go?

You gave A and B £1 each so it should be £49+£49+(1+1)? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba

10/10 maths skills :cool:
Original post by samba

Youre adding balances with expenses. Add up your costs or your owed balance and itll come to £100

I got this in an interview once and realised I didnt want the job instantly...:rolleyes: Some of these are quite fun though, the ones involving dwarves' hats are enjoyable to work out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LosingDogs
You gave A and B £1 each so it should be £49+£49+(1+1)? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. Didn't need to look at the question twice, it was simple.

Latest