The Student Room Group

EY School Leaver Programme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone heard anything from EY? I passed their tests and they still haven't got back to me.
Original post by Chelreid
Has anyone heard anything from EY? I passed their tests and they still haven't got back to me.

They take quite some time, I wouldn't worry, at least in regards to not having heard back.
Hi all

I've recently secured an offer for the EY school leaver 2015 london tax position
The application process is as follows
- situational judgement test (immediatly after application)
- online physcometric tests, if you pass you are informed 72 hours after and told to come in for a strengths based interview with a manger from your service line. Wiki Job lists one of the questions.
- if your successful (the following day) your invited for an assesment centre. Mine was in London. You do 4 excesses, group task, written information and repeat of physcometric rests.
- I was told the same day in the evening by a partner that I was through. My assesment centre was yesterday
Original post by Schoolleaverguy
Hi all

I've recently secured an offer for the EY school leaver 2015 london tax position
The application process is as follows
- situational judgement test (immediatly after application)
- online physcometric tests, if you pass you are informed 72 hours after and told to come in for a strengths based interview with a manger from your service line. Wiki Job lists one of the questions.
- if your successful (the following day) your invited for an assesment centre. Mine was in London. You do 4 excesses, group task, written information and repeat of physcometric rests.
- I was told the same day in the evening by a partner that I was through. My assesment centre was yesterday

Hi! Congratulations on securing the job with EY! any tips for the Assessment centre? how did you prepare for all the exercises? Thanks in advance.
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
Hi! Congratulations on securing the job with EY! any tips for the Assessment centre? how did you prepare for all the exercises? Thanks in advance.

You on can't really prepare for them. The physcometric tests are hardened time pressured. The company that makes them is savile consulting. What position are you applying for and in which location?
You on can't really prepare for them. The physcometric tests are hardened time pressured. The company that makes them is savile consulting. What position are you applying for and in which location?

i'm alright with psychometric tests, i'm most worried about the written exercise and group exercise. Did you have to do intray exercise? Tax apprenticeship in London. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
(edited 9 years ago)

Hello, well done for getting in. May I ask what you got for your GCSEs and a levels as I'm scared I won't get in, I'm predicted AAA in maths chem phy and got 7A*s at gcse
You don't get a job based on grades. AAA is 360 UCAS points which meets the minimum requirement. Grades won't be looked at beyond this as it's all about competencies or 'strengths' in the case of EY. The minimum requirements are just a quick way of filtering many applications (around 1/3) won't pass the initial screening because of this.
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Hello, well done for getting in. May I ask what you got for your GCSEs and a levels as I'm scared I won't get in, I'm predicted AAA in maths chem phy and got 7A*s at gcse

You don't get a job based on grades. AAA is 360 UCAS points which meets the minimum requirement. Grades won't be looked at beyond this as it's all about competencies or 'strengths' in the case of EY. The minimum requirements are just a quick way of filtering many applications (around 1/3) won't pass the initial screening because of this.
Original post by toejoeson

As long as you meet the min entry requirements, grades aren't looked at. You have to write an email and write a summary. It's very time pressured so work through the info as quick as possible.

the interview dolends on who you get, another schoolmleaver there got a grilling and was asked ridiculously hard question
Alright thanks can you tell me what the interview was about was it to persuade someone to attend an event? how did you structure the email? what kind of words did you use? I don't understand why school leavers are grilled by some interviewers, what question was he asked? what the hell do they expect from people who just left school and haven't got much experience?

If you need to prepare for the interview and how to structure an email. You don't deserve a place on the scheme
If you need to prepare for the interview and how to structure an email. You don't deserve a place on the scheme

Alright thanks can you tell me what the interview was about was it to persuade someone to attend an event? how did you structure the email? what kind of words did you use? I don't understand why school leavers are grilled by some interviewers, what question was he asked? what the hell do they expect from people who just left school and haven't got much experience?

That's a bit harsh. The same could be said about you not being able to punctuate the quoted sentence properly. Most people will prepare for an interview to develop technique. I can't give mightyfrog specific examples of what how to prepare for an EY interview as I've never interview with them but for the email, just remember things like:

Who are you writing to (this affects how you address them and whether to use 'To' or 'Dear')?
If you know the person, ask them how they are.
Get the email finished.
Close with a paragraph on how they can contact you etc.
Leave plenty of time to check spelling (no spelling mistakes is important).
It will be a business email (I'm assuming) so DO NOT shorten words and don't use flowery language.

I hope this stuff helps. Can't help you with the content as I don't know about the EY process. The reason they grill school leavers is because you will often be put in tough situations by clients and they need to ensure you will remain professional at all times and won't buckle under this pressure. They will expect all new employees (graduates and school leavers) to be of the same standard.
(edited 9 years ago)

Don't know how you passed the written exercise when you clearly can't punctuate a sentence properly. Who the hell are you to say i don't deserve a place on the scheme? there's no need to be a dick about it. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, i don't want to read rubbish.
I should have been more clear, i haven't had much experience of interviews and regarding the email, i meant how you started it off after dear ..... and before kind regards. I was asking about what the email was about, what info you were given if that makes sense..

Original post by toejoeson
That's a bit harsh. The same could be said about you not being able to punctuate the quoted sentence properly. Most people will prepare for an interview to develop technique. I can't give mightyfrog specific examples of what how to prepare for an EY interview as I've never interview with them but for the email, just remember things like:

Who are you writing to (this affects how you address them and whether to use 'To' or 'Dear')?
If you know the person, ask them how they are.
Get the email finished.
Close with a paragraph on how they can contact you etc.
Leave plenty of time to check spelling (no spelling mistakes is important).
It will be a business email (I'm assuming) so DO NOT shorten words and don't use flowery language.

I hope this stuff helps. Can't help you with the content as I don't know about the EY process. The reason they grill school leavers is because you will often be put in tough situations by clients and they need to ensure you will remain professional at all times and won't buckle under this pressure. They will expect all new employees (graduates and school leavers) to be of the same standard.

Thank you so much man! this helps a lot! I've repped you! :smile:
How did you prepare for your other interviews? Thanks again!
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't know how you passed the written exercise when you clearly can't punctuate a sentence properly. Who the hell are you to say i don't deserve a place on the scheme? there's no need to be a dick about it. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, i don't want to read rubbish.
I should have been more clear, i haven't had much experience of interviews and regarding the email, i meant how you started it off after dear ..... and before kind regards. I was asking about what the email was about, what info you were given if that makes sense..

Thank you so much man! this helps a lot! I've repped you! :smile:
How did you prepare for your other interviews? Thanks again!

Typing on a phone is a bit different than typing on a laptop. That was my first interview and assessment centre ever. I didn't prepare for it. The whole point of the AC is to put you in unique situations. Situations you can't prepare for. Preparing for the AC is most likely going to reduce your chance of getting in
Typing on a phone is a bit different than typing on a laptop. That was my first interview and assessment centre ever. I didn't prepare for it. The whole point of the AC is to put you in unique situations. Situations you can't prepare for. Preparing for the AC is most likely going to reduce your chance of getting in

well good for you, actually you can prepare for all the exercises in the AC. And the last bit is not true preparing for the AC increases your chance of getting in, i've seen on other threads and websites who prepared for the AC, most importantly they tried to get an insight from those who've actually been to one recently to get an idea of how it will be like and have passed by doing that. Now could you stop talking about this either provide details of what you had to do in the AC or don't , you're derailing this thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 75
Hi, I'm applying to the EY scholarship and have just got through to the assessment centre stage, but theres no thread for that scheme unfortunately, and just had a couple of questions about the AC

Do you have an interview when you are there, or is it only the tests/written excercise/group exercise?

I didn't have to do an interview to get through to this stage- so if I pass the AC stage will I then have an interview?

Thanks
Hello I want to apply to this scheme though only as a one year gap year scheme and then apply for econ next year. I understand I can apply if I am a gap year student as stated on their website however what is the likeliness of getting in, as the deadline is Oct 31st. Also how many people do they accept, my grades are fine however I have no experience whatsoever in the financial area/business though lots of extra curriculars.

Also how do I apply, when I press apply here it takes me to a page of all the roles, but there are no locations next to EY school leaver?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 77
any interesting financial news stories that could be discussed?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 78
I've recevied an email saying there was a mistake when I was rejected in July and they are offering me the chance to reinstate my application, just waiting on a call to talk in more depth and to arrange an interview.
Has this happened to anyone else? I applied for the Assurance branch in the Bristol office.
Original post by Chelreid

Exactly even for me its been 2 weeks since they said they'd contact me for further steps (first interview) and they haven't yet. How long do they usually take any idea peeps?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply