The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by pwoperChloe
Quick question :smile:
I'm applying for Biochemistry at York, but would really like to do the year in industry option. Do you reckon if I were to apply for both the regular Biochemistry and the year in industry course it would make it more likely for me to receive an offer? Or would it just be a waste of an application space? Sending off my application tonight ahhh, scared isn't the word!

They usually say not to, and also when I asked them about it they said it doesn't matter what course you apply for because you can apply for the year in industry after your first year
University of York
York
Original post by Nashaa
They usually say not to, and also when I asked them about it they said it doesn't matter what course you apply for because you can apply for the year in industry after your first year

Ahh okay, thank you! That's it, I'm applying for just the regular Biochemistry :smile: also well done to everyone getting their offers! :eek::eek::eek:
Original post by Nashaa

Yeah that is possible to do
Reply 143
Is catered a good option? Which college? (Chemistry)
Original post by Atkins
Is catered a good option? Which college? (Chemistry)

You don't decide that until you get an offer
Has anyone got an offer for Biochemistry yet?
Original post by BethFirmin
Has anyone got an offer for Biochemistry yet?

Nope, although I did only apply late on Tuesday so it might be a bit of a long shot for me haha :tongue: good luck!!
Nope, although I did only apply late on Tuesday so it might be a bit of a long shot for me haha :tongue: good luck!!

I applied on Friday and I'm getting so impatient. Thanks, you too! :biggrin:
I applied on Friday and I'm getting so impatient. Thanks, you too! :biggrin:

So am I, oh dear :eek: every time I get an application receipt email I freak out in case it's an offer or something, which I know is ridiculous because it's been no time at all since I applied! Speaking of that, how long did it take you to get an application receipt email from York? I've had them from all of my other options but not York yet :s-smilie: also have you had offers from anywhere else? :biggrin:
I'm hoping to apply for mental health nursing. At the minute york is probably my favourite choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So am I, oh dear :eek: every time I get an application receipt email I freak out in case it's an offer or something, which I know is ridiculous because it's been no time at all since I applied! Speaking of that, how long did it take you to get an application receipt email from York? I've had them from all of my other options but not York yet :s-smilie: also have you had offers from anywhere else? :biggrin:

Me too - I had a mini freak out when I got an acknowledgement from Oxford. I guess I was worried they would reject me straight away, which was totally illogical seeing as they don't consider applicants until the 15th, but oh well. xD I got an acknowledgement from York two days after my application was sent, and I got one from Bath the day after that. I still haven't heard anything from Sheffield or Imperial College London. I also haven't got any offers yet. :frown: How about you?
Me too - I had a mini freak out when I got an acknowledgement from Oxford. I guess I was worried they would reject me straight away, which was totally illogical seeing as they don't consider applicants until the 15th, but oh well. xD I got an acknowledgement from York two days after my application was sent, and I got one from Bath the day after that. I still haven't heard anything from Sheffield or Imperial College London. I also haven't got any offers yet. :frown: How about you?

Hahaha I know the feeling! Ah so two days after your application, that's okay, so I should be getting mine around now hopefully :smile: Surrey, Bath, and Oxford all replied late morning/early afternoon yesterday, and Bristol sent one at about 8 this morning :smile: I'm sure they'll all come through soon :biggrin:
Hahaha I know the feeling! Ah so two days after your application, that's okay, so I should be getting mine around now hopefully :smile: Surrey, Bath, and Oxford all replied late morning/early afternoon yesterday, and Bristol sent one at about 8 this morning :smile: I'm sure they'll all come through soon :biggrin:

Thanks, I hope you get offers soon as well. :biggrin:
Reply 153
I got an interview for maths today! Was very odd as it came via post
Original post by Music24
I got an interview for maths today! Was very odd as it came via post

Well done anyway :smile:
Thanks, I hope you get offers soon as well. :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:Perfect timing, my York application acknowledgment came through exactly 5 minutes ago! :banana2: and now I wait...
Thank you! :biggrin:Perfect timing, my York application acknowledgment came through exactly 5 minutes ago! :banana2: and now I wait...

You're welcome, and what an awesome coincidence. :biggrin: The waiting is awful... I can't stop checking Track!
York acknowledgment came through 3 minutes ago but some of my friends got straight offers the same day for my exact same course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IHTWFR
York acknowledgment came through 3 minutes ago but some of my friends got straight offers the same day for my exact same course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which course are you going for?
Also, does anyone know if genetics is a popular course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending