The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Team_McDreamy
thank you for that, i hadn't considered that view before - i think I've gone so long placing food and calories on this pedestal that it has become something more than what it should be. i think its also tricky for me to think about it because I've been struggling for quite a while and yet still got stuff done so my head just ignores it because I'm still 'functioning' - and we all know thats gonna end in disaster :sigh:

There is no way on this earth you have been fulfilling your potential whilst having an ED. I can bet my dogs life on it (and I love her more than anything else in the world). xxxxx

Food is just energy. Energy which every cell in our body needs. If you're malnourished, bad things ARE going to happen.. but worse than that - you're not growing or developing emotionally because you're not learning how to cope with life AND your identity is fading away into the grips of the ED.

This all changes once you trust you can get better xxx
I'm flying high!!!!!!! :eek: I made people laugh...I like that! I want to have fun and fun is what I shall aim for :cute: Life's a playground :jive:

Yeah boiiii :rock:

...where's my wagon wheel?
Original post by Cinnie
There is no way on this earth you have been fulfilling your potential whilst having an ED. I can bet my dogs life on it (and I love her more than anything else in the world). xxxxx

Food is just energy. Energy which every cell in our body needs. If you're malnourished, bad things ARE going to happen.. but worse than that - you're not growing or developing emotionally because you're not learning how to cope with life AND your identity is fading away into the grips of the ED.

This all changes once you trust you can get better xxx

thank you :redface: even though I'm finding it really tough accepting that i don't need to do anything to deserve to get better, thanks for reminding me :redface:

ofc my head is now telling me that i have more than enough fat reserves to sustain myself on and therefore i don't need food. shut up head.
thank you :redface: even though I'm finding it really tough accepting that i don't need to do anything to deserve to get better, thanks for reminding me :redface:

ofc my head is now telling me that i have more than enough fat reserves to sustain myself on and therefore i don't need food. shut up head.

I highly doubt you have excess fat reserves than you need for optimal health.
Original post by IDukem
I'm flying high!!!!!!! :eek: I made people laugh...I like that! I want to have fun and fun is what I shall aim for :cute: Life's a playground :jive:

Yaaaaaay :biggrin:

:jumphug:

Am hiding on Facebook if you need to chat. Still making notes from this damn book chapter :grumble:
was meant to phone the counselling place and push for a female counsellor, as the only one they could offer me last time was male, and i cant cope with a male :nah:
my dr said if they cant do that for me then wel have to look at other ideas, which scares me! :sad:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yaaaaaay :biggrin:

I shall not be denied :pierre:

Well...assessments might do a good job...but still :smug:
Original post by Anonymous #2
That's so thoughtful! Good luck with your present making!

Thanks! :h: Just realised I've missed out my Secret Santas I'll probably be doing (one MHSS, one mouse forum), so that's an extra two presents. :tongue:

Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
This is exactly why I give people cash for Christmas (or if I am feeling extra lazy a cheque)!

Sometimes I'll buy them a book or something if they make a special request but mostly people just say they would rather prefer the money since they have no idea what they want.

Ah but I enjoy the process of making things, so I'm basically getting free entertainment out of not buying presents. :fyi:
Original post by superwolf
Thanks! :h: Just realised I've missed out my Secret Santas I'll probably be doing (one MHSS, one mouse forum), so that's an extra two presents. :tongue:

Ah but I enjoy the process of making things, so I'm basically getting free entertainment out of not buying presents. :fyi:

Ooh I forgot about secret Santa! I want to take part this year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cinnie
I highly doubt you have excess fat reserves than you need for optimal health.

:sadnod: overindulged as a young teenager and look where its got me...
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:jumphug:

Am hiding on Facebook if you need to chat. Still making notes from this damn book chapter :grumble:

thanks chick, am studying atm but might be around later on :smile:
Wish I hadn't put uni on such a pedestal before, it's balls and I feel so thick and behind here :frown:

thanks chick, am studying atm but might be around later on :smile:

Sure no worries hun :hugs: I should be around on and off. Unless I semi-pass out again :colondollar:
Original post by lauraaaaa
Wish I hadn't put uni on such a pedestal before, it's balls and I feel so thick and behind here :frown:

:hugs: I feel the same way :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still struggling? :frown: :hugs:
I'm feeling exactly the same tbh. Have you thought about talking to your personal tutor?

Well have fun making them! :tongue:
Just out of my driving lesson. It went well :smile: the guy was nice and he's also a trekkie which is a bonus :tongue: I didn't stall which shocked us both lol.

Typical me, all that worrying today for nothing!

Have a good night everyone and remember my inbox is always open :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
:hugs: I feel the same way :frown:

Got soooo much work to do before Monday that I wanna cry. It's so different to what I expected :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Still struggling? :frown: :hugs:
I'm feeling exactly the same tbh. Have you thought about talking to your personal tutor?

I'm feeling slightly better, but now I've actually started to tackle my work I'm a bit like oh my good god I have so much to do :frown: I don't feel like my tutor is very approachable anyway if I'm being honest...I'm the worst at speaking to people anyway, but he's male and he doesn't speak very good English. There's nothing wrong with him in general, I just haven't warmed to him really :/
Original post by Odd socks
Ooh I forgot about secret Santa! I want to take part this year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! :biggrin:
Well I got today's work done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guitaristemily
didnt make one in year ten.

dont think i could though, i didnt even learn anything usefull.

Make it up then- that's what most people do! In terms of what they learnt anyway, not where they've been or whatever obviously :redface: What sort of place did you go to?

Original post by tasha96
I have a buddy for college..She's kind pf helped me put things in perspective. And said I could sit with her in class. :colondollar: Also I've moved from "**** you and everything you stand for" mode, to "Heck you clearly have issues and I pity you" mode. :tongue:

That's much better! :biggrin: And good to have a college buddy, too :yep:

Original post by IDukem

:woo: Go Dukey!

:hugs: You're not thick, at all! I know it won't feel like it but from what I've heard everyone else feels the same :sadnod:
Definitely! :biggrin:

I want to be part of it too

Latest