The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Firenze26
I'm thinking of applying right now since my highlander is weirdly good but my new one's coming up in November so I'm not sure. Although, I did attend an open day today and I might send an application tomorrow but I'm still unsure. Is it too early?

It's never too early - I know most colleges recommend you apply early as courses fill up quickly, and it gets the applicstions done before mocks kick in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I break up this Friday for half term so I'm going to try and do some revision over half term, what about you?

We break up next Friday, but I'm away all half term, so I plan on churning out revision as soon as I get back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Mine are the first week in December. When do you plan to start revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine are then as well! :smile: no idea when I should start revision though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SidTheSloth1
Maybe its just me but the only different thing for me between year 11 and 10 is that ive started doing more CAs but other than that I havent noticed that big a difference.

Yeah me too, but I've found it loads more stressful and time-consuming so far :frown: I miss year 10 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
We break up next Friday, but I'm away all half term, so I plan on churning out revision as soon as I get back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm going away for some of half term so I'm not sure how much revision I'll actually end up doing!
Original post by Steliata
We do composition, practical and some theory/history. We're doing our compositions mainly at the moment, I didn't think I'd enjoy it but now I'm into it I find it really fun.

I'm not the best at composition but I've improved a lot since theory. Do you have one music exam, or is it based on practical work?

Glad you're enjoying it :smile:
Original post by NathalieGW
Hey, sorry for the slow reply i've been really busy! For the practical we have to hypothesis the affect of photosynthesis on plant growth. We are using bean sprouts and strawberry plants as part of our apparatus :smile:

Which instrument do you play? I have completed grade 3 in guitar. How are you with Algebra?
I have been to two college open days recently, have you been to any?

It's fine, I usually take a while to reply too. :smile:

I hope your biology goes well, have you started it yet?

I play the saxophone. I stopped lessons last year after doing two years of theory after I achieved my grade 5. I still play it in an orchestra, as I don't want to give up completely.

I haven't, our school has a sixth form so I'll probably stay where I am as there aren't many sixth form colleges nearby. I'll have a look at some online though.
Original post by tryrevise
Mine are then as well! :smile: no idea when I should start revision though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm probably going to start after half term... ugh, the dreaded revision begins!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm going away for some of half term so I'm not sure how much revision I'll actually end up doing!

Do you ever make a revision plan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Do you ever make a revision plan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've tried to in the past but I never stick to it! What about you?
I've tried to in the past but I never stick to it! What about you?

If I do, I don't plan it out like, "I'll do this from 10-11", because I don't stick to it. I just plan what topics I need to do each day and work through it in my own time. I find topic based plans so much better than time based plans

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree, I love the rain when I'm inside but not when I'm outside. It always seems to start raining as soon as I walk home from the bus stop after school! I always forget my umbrella as well...

umbrellas... are literally the thing that you always seem to need but never have with you :mad:
Does anyone else have mock exams coming up soon? Mine are in late November.

Not so soon - mine are in early january!
Kind of annoying as it basically ruins your christmas :frown: - i don't think school knows that we do have lives...

Good luck for yours :biggrin:

EDIT: Saw the other posts - feel sorry for me... and they're all in a period of 10 days (with what one weekend in there somewhere?) - guess they want to us to feel ultra stressed so the actual exams feel better - still.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone done/about to do your science ISA? My additional science ISA is tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunday_morning
I'm not the best at composition but I've improved a lot since theory. Do you have one music exam, or is it based on practical work?

Glad you're enjoying it :smile:

I have a listening exam and the rest is practical - I can't remember the weightings but it's heavily in favour of practical, understandably. I'm on Edexcel. Theory makes the listening so much easier though
Original post by SampleX
If I do, I don't plan it out like, "I'll do this from 10-11", because I don't stick to it. I just plan what topics I need to do each day and work through it in my own time. I find topic based plans so much better than time based plans

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, that's quite a good way to do it, I might try it :smile: In the past I tried to plan it like, "I'll start revising Spanish at 2" and it never worked!
Original post by turn-to-page394
Not so soon - mine are in early january!
Kind of annoying as it basically ruins your christmas :frown: - i don't think school knows that we do have lives...

Good luck for yours :biggrin:

EDIT: Saw the other posts - feel sorry for me... and they're all in a period of 10 days (with what one weekend in there somewhere?) - guess they want to us to feel ultra stressed so the actual exams feel better - still.

Oh no, that's really annoying! :frown: Thank you, good luck for yours too! I think mine are only for about a week, or maybe a bit longer.

Have you got your timetable for mocks yet? Maybe not since you're doing them a bit later, but my school told us they would give us our mock timetables as early as possible to reduce our stress but we're breaking up for half term tomorrow and we still haven't gotten them :s-smilie:
Oh no, that's really annoying! :frown: Thank you, good luck for yours too! I think mine are only for about a week, or maybe a bit longer.

Have you got your timetable for mocks yet? Maybe not since you're doing them a bit later, but my school told us they would give us our mock timetables as early as possible to reduce our stress but we're breaking up for half term tomorrow and we still haven't gotten them :s-smilie:

No, I haven't - probably after christmas seeing as their aim seems to be to stress us out :biggrin:
Hopefully you'll get them tomorrow but don't worry about it! Everything will be happy and dandy in the end :cool:
Original post by turn-to-page394
(Why are we talking about PMS.... gawd, this is awkward... :biggrin: but haha, I know, i know....:frown: - still good excuse for being moody and horrible to people :P)

Do you find talking about PMS awkward? I stopped caring because I realised it happens to 50 odd percent of the population so there shouldn't really be a taboo. Understandably people get uncomfortable about other stuff but talking about just PMS isn't that bad tbh
Ah okay, that's quite a good way to do it, I might try it :smile: In the past I tried to plan it like, "I'll start revising Spanish at 2" and it never worked!

I used to do that, but no work ever got done xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest